All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

You don't think there anything sinister about Fauci, Anderson and others trying to hide the fact that the US was providing funding to the Wuhan lab? What about the scientists who wrote the Proximal Orgins paper that claimed it was natural in orgin while saying privately that the lab leak was likely?

Nobody ever, ever lied about the US providing funding to the Wuhan lab. Nobody, it is public information. You can’t even keep facts straight, and you want to push a huge conspiracy theory. 🤦‍♀️

The people you are reading, for the most part, are taking snippets of conversations and twisting them all about and constructing a huge conspiracy out of thin air. It’s pretty much an butt crevasse move to look back at fraught times and judge these people for what they were discussing in the middle of a burgeoning pandemic. And ascribe dark and shadowy motives to what was open-ended scientific discussion with all sorts of different opinions and viewpoints being discussed, as they should have been.

Even after all that, it was some of these people, who today are doing this diabolical butt crevasse move to try to blame scientists for the pandemic, who are responsible for the poor outcomes the US experienced. They are the ones who actually have blood on their hands for encouraging people to ignore practical mitigation measures and to avoid getting vaccinated. It makes me ill.

I could be wrong but if I recall the amount of money we gave to the Wuhan Lab is like $650k

You can't buy anything for that; let alone gene splicing equipment.

That is for a single fellowship at most. Hell a 24 hour geolocated camera costs 6000 a month.

Nobody ever, ever lied about the US providing funding to the Wuhan lab. Nobody, it is public information. You can’t even keep facts straight, and you want to push a huge conspiracy theory. 🤦‍♀️

The people you are reading, for the most part, are taking snippets of conversations and twisting them all about and constructing a huge conspiracy out of thin air. It’s pretty much an butt crevasse move to look back at fraught times and judge these people for what they were discussing in the middle of a burgeoning pandemic. And ascribe dark and shadowy motives to what was open-ended scientific discussion with all sorts of different opinions and viewpoints being discussed, as they should have been.

Even after all that, it was some of these people, who today are doing this diabolical butt crevasse move to try to blame scientists for the pandemic, who are responsible for the poor outcomes the US experienced. They are the ones who actually have blood on their hands for encouraging people to ignore practical mitigation measures and to avoid getting vaccinated. It makes me ill.
    So I'm unclear on this funding business. Is the theory that the US funded the labs so that we can leak it out to shut down the world economy and ours to "get trump"? Or are we helping China with developing biological weapons just like that theory that we opened chemical labs in Ukraine to develop chemical weapons? I can't keep up.

Btw, this 5th grade level logic needs to stop: Funding automatically means the US is nefariously dictating or the CIA has a covert operation. Christ it's been pointed out numerous times before. The US funding the peace corp doesn't mean we have a CIA operation in Africa. Funding the Endowment for Democracy doesn't mean the CIA has a footprint in it as CHINESE propaganda says. Funding labs in Ukraine doesn't mean we are developing chemical weapons. Contrary, we were funding them to remove chemical weapons from an unstable, corrupt country so that it would not fall into the black market. And does it makes sense that we finally removed the last remaining cache of our chemical weapons after investing BILLIONS to reduce our own stock of chemical weapons?

So...again what is this funding nonsense? Is the US government trying to help China? Oh only Fauci because he's corrupt? Is that it? And all scientists are in on it? My head's spinning from these conspiracies.

Were you not aware of Fauci's testimony to Congress?

So I'm unclear on this funding business. Is the theory that the US funded the labs so that we can leak it out to shut down the world economy and ours to "get trump"? Or are we helping China with developing biological weapons just like that theory that we opened chemical labs in Ukraine to develop chemical weapons? I can't keep up.
    No need for the strawman. It was simple negligence. The State Department cable showed the US was worried about the safety at the Wuhan lab before Covid was infecting the public.
    Btw, this 5th grade level logic needs to stop: Funding automatically means the US is nefariously dictating or the CIA has a covert operation. Christ it's been pointed out numerous times before. The US funding the peace corp doesn't mean we have a CIA operation in Africa. Funding the Endowment for Democracy doesn't mean the CIA has a footprint in it as CHINESE propaganda says. Funding labs in Ukraine doesn't mean we are developing chemical weapons. Contrary, we were funding them to remove chemical weapons from an unstable, corrupt country so that it would not fall into the black market. And does it makes sense that we finally removed the last remaining cache of our chemical weapons after investing BILLIONS to reduce our own stock of chemical weapons?
    Again, why the strawman again? To distract from what actually happened maybe?

So...again what is this funding nonsense? Is the US government trying to help China? Oh only Fauci because he's corrupt? Is that it? And all scientists are in on it? My head's spinning from these conspiracies.
    It's pretty simple. There was a governmentwide pause on all funding of gain of research as of 2014. To get around that the NIAID farmed out the gain of function research to Wuhan and changed the criteria of gain of function research so they could fund it.

No need for the strawman. It was simple negligence. The State Department cable showed the US was worried about the safety at the Wuhan lab before Covid was infecting the public.

Again, why the strawman again? To distract from what actually happened maybe?

It's pretty simple. There was a governmentwide pause on all funding of gain of research as of 2014. To get around that the NIAID farmed out the gain of function research to Wuhan and changed the criteria of gain of function research so they could fund it.
    I might not have the requisite intelligence for this. What I'm trying to understand is what associating funding has anything to do with fear of lab leaks? I'm certain we have our own fear of lab leaks in labs here.

Did we fund these labs with the purpose knowing it'll be leaked from these labs? Did we want to help China develop bio weps? You, rfk jr, and your ilk are making funding a central part of your conspiracies. For what purpose? Isn't that what you are pushing? I know RFK jr did because that's explicitly what he said. Am I missing something?

Btw, do we have different definition of strawman? I thought I gave examples on how funding doesn't automatically mean the US government has a say in conspiracies. I know at one point Seymour hersh was once employed by the NYTimes....by your logic they are in sync.

Bc everytime, I see you make that argument...that so and so funds this org, and therefore the org cannot be trusted. Or the person cannot be trusted.

I might not have the requisite intelligence for this. What I'm trying to understand is what associating funding has anything to do with fear of lab leaks? I'm certain we have our own fear of lab leaks in labs here.
    It comes down to Faucu saying in testimony to Congress that the US never funded any gain of fuction research in Wuhan. We now know that was a lie. They lied to hide their connection to the lab in Wuhan.
    Did we fund these labs with the purpose knowing it'll be leaked from these labs? Did we want to help China develop bio weps? You, rfk jr, and your ilk are making funding a central part of your conspiracies. For what purpose? Isn't that what you are pushing? I know RFK jr did because that's explicitly what he said. Am I missing something?
    Nobody here or any reasonable people are making that argument. What did RFK Jr say specifically about that?
    Btw, do we have different definition of strawman? I thought I gave examples on how funding doesn't automatically mean the US government has a say in conspiracies. I know at one point Seymour hersh was once employed by the NYTimes....by your logic they are in sync.
    You are assigning statements to me that I never said. There has been a federal pause in any gain of function research in the US since 2014. That's why the NIAID farmed it out to Wuhan and changed the criteria for gain of function research so they could fund it.
    Bc everytime, I see you make that argument...that so and so funds this org, and therefore the org cannot be trusted. Or the person cannot be trusted.
    You are making the argument about the funds. I clearly started what I meant.

It comes down to Faucu saying in testimony to Congress that the US never funded any gain of fuction research in Wuhan. We now know that was a lie. They lied to hide their connection to the lab in Wuhan.

Nobody here or any reasonable people are making that argument. What did RFK Jr say specifically about that?

You are assigning statements to me that I never said. There has been a federal pause in any gain of function research in the US since 2014. That's why the NIAID farmed it out to Wuhan and changed the criteria for gain of function research so they could fund it.

You are making the argument about the funds. I clearly started what I meant.
    So what is the point? How does funding affect the leak? ..per your conspiracy....

RFK jr has a conspiracy that it was a bio wep...you didn't know this? Hmmm...k.

Did you actually listen to Fauci’s response? All of it?

Of course you didn’t.
    I still don't understand his stance...that it's a leak. But he keeps bringing up funding associated with the lab. I don't understand why funding matters if it was an accidental leak...unless it's a conspiracy that it was intentional. That is what is the innuendo right? Otherwise, I dont understand why funding matters.

I still don't understand his stance...that it's a leak. But he keeps bringing up funding associated with the lab. I don't understand why funding matters if it was an accidental leak...unless it's a conspiracy that it was intentional. That is what is the innuendo right? Otherwise, I dont understand why funding matters.
    Because they use that to show that it’s a huge conspiracy because everyone was OMG LYING! Nevermind that there are in fact different ways to define what is gain of function research and what is not. Never mind that reasonable people disagree about what the emails and testimony means. Nevermind that if you put things in context their entire narrative falls apart. It’s a shirt show and SFL is eating it up.

Fauci spent his entire life in public service, steered the US (and the world) through several potential pandemics with great results. Personally worked with the Ebola patients in the US at great risk to his own safety. Got some things wrong about AIDS in the very beginning, but was humble enough and smart enough to recognize what was going on, and changed course to make positive gains there. He was reviled by some gay activists at first, and they ended up with the utmost respect for his scientific abilities.

Guess what? That was all a huge set-up so that in his eighties he could unleash a deadly pandemic on the world. So that he could reveal himself as the evil mastermind that he truly is. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

These people shouldn’t be given a speck of credibility or a speck of our time. It’s downright evil to smear a good man like Fauci. It’s truly evil.

Because they use that to show that it’s a huge conspiracy because everyone was OMG LYING! Nevermind that there are in fact different ways to define what is gain of function research and what is not. Never mind that reasonable people disagree about what the emails and testimony means. Nevermind that if you put things in context their entire narrative falls apart. It’s a shirt show and SFL is eating it up.

Fauci spent his entire life in public service, steered the US (and the world) through several potential pandemics with great results. Personally worked with the Ebola patients in the US at great risk to his own safety. Got some things wrong about AIDS in the very beginning, but was humble enough and smart enough to recognize what was going on, and changed course to make positive gains there. He was reviled by some gay activists at first, and they ended up with the utmost respect for his scientific abilities.

Guess what? That was all a huge set-up so that in his eighties he could unleash a deadly pandemic on the world. So that he could reveal himself as the evil mastermind that he truly is. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

These people shouldn’t be given a speck of credibility or a speck of our time. It’s downright evil to smear a good man like Fauci. It’s truly evil.
    Right! That all these virologists spent years studying these virus better to protect us are now lying. It's easier to believe the mad scientist theory that they are manipulating the virus so it can easily destroy us. My god. These people stated that they didn't do it here and followed strict guidelines. Yet it's easier to believe the hacks who don't know a thing about research. It all has to be someone out to get us conspiracy

I did listen to the whole video despite deflecting claims otherwise. I've explained this to you already. I'm sure you understand. Fauci funded the Wuhan lab through the NIAID because he wasn't allowed to that research in the US due to the federal pause. When Covid hit Fauci was afraid of having Covid linked to him so they set out to claim it happened due to natural origin eventhough they said privately a lab leak was the most likely scenario. Fauci lied under oath claiming the US didn't fund gain of research in Wuhan. It turns out that we funded the lab that accidentally leaked Covid and created a worldwide pandemic. Are you surprised Fauci didn't want to be linked to that?

I did listen to the whole video despite deflecting claims otherwise. I've explained this to you already. I'm sure you understand. Fauci funded the Wuhan lab through the NIAID because he wasn't allowed to that research in the US due to the federal pause. When Covid hit Fauci was afraid of having Covid linked to him so they set out to claim it happened due to natural origin eventhough they said privately a lab leak was the most likely scenario. Fauci lied under oath claiming the US didn't fund gain of research in Wuhan. It turns out that we funded the lab that accidentally leaked Covid and created a worldwide pandemic. Are you surprised Fauci didn't want to be linked to that?
    Everything you just said is either untrue, conjecture, or a smear. Everything. You just ignore all facts that contradict your narrative.

Everything you just said is either untrue, conjecture, or a smear. Everything. You just ignore all facts that contradict your narrative.
    It's all true and we know that now due to the recent hearing and the emails and slack conversations that have been released.

Your vague message board deflections don't change the fact that we have the evidence that shows what I claim. If it's all untrue why don't you show how it is and be specific and detailed. No vague responses. I'm sure you won't do that though.

There's an awful lot of presumption and reaching in this post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom