All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I never understood why, if it ever turned out to actually be a lab leak, it would be Fauci's fault or responsibility? What exactly was he trying to cover up to save his reputation, the gain-of-function research everybody new about?

There is a direct line between the NIH funding > Orgs like EchoHealth Alliance > Wuhan Lab.

The NIH gave 600k in total to study bat coronaviruses at the Wuhan lab.

He doesn't want one of the most dangerous pandemics ever linked to him. That doesn't seem like a clear, and obvious motivation? I'm surprised I needed to type it out.

No one on this board can explain why Fauci was pushing forward a consensus on a zoonotic origin before he could ever possibly know that. Why was that happening? What did he have to gain from taking those actions?

There is a direct line between the NIH funding > Orgs like EchoHealth Alliance > Wuhan Lab.

He doesn't want one of the most dangerous pandemics ever linked to him. That doesn't seem like a clear, and obvious motivation? I'm surprised I needed to type it out.

No one on this board can explain why Fauci was pushing forward a consensus on a zoonotic origin before he could ever possibly know that. Why was that happening? What did he have to gain from taking those actions?

Maybe because it was the concensus among the researchers . Then as today most still believe that it was most likely Zoonotic

I think you’re seeing conspiracy where there was simple science-based opinion from him. I think they have ruled out that this virus is related to bat coronaviruses. The genetic studies indicate there hasn’t been any artificial manipulation of the virus genome.

At the time, some very bad people were pushing the lab leak theory and people of Asian origin in the US were being attacked and some were killed. That right there is a good reason to throw cold water on that mess, imo. Every single novel human virus in the past has had a zoonotic origin, and in the absence of hard proof that this one is different, we shouldn’t be buying into a theory that people were using to justify violence.

The funding issue reminds me of the conspiracy about how the US funded the bio labs in Ukraine for biological weapons. The US funds a lot of initiatives across the world. I don't know the details of the wuhan contribution but it's not always nefarious. The US aren't always the ruthless killers. There aren't conspiracies behind every door or in every closet.

Additionally, the US set up its "Biological Threat Reduction Program" in the 1990s following the fall of the Soviet Union to reduce the risk from biological weapons that had been left behind in countries including Ukraine.
    Under this programme certain labs receive funding from the US for modernisation and equipment, but are managed locally, not by the US.

All I will say is $600k doesn’t buy a single piece of equipment, let alone fund a genome project.

Never sourced a genome splicer, but a single wafer press for Intel costs over $8MM. A new 128 head glass bottle filler from KHS or Krones will set you back about $4MM, a linear sorter for parcels runs about $2.3MM.

$600k would be a 3D printer or office chairs. More than likely salaries for American scientist(s)/ oversight for a year.

The funding issue reminds me of the conspiracy about how the US funded the bio labs in Ukraine for biological weapons. The US funds a lot of initiatives across the world. I don't know the details of the wuhan contribution but it's not always nefarious. The US aren't always the ruthless killers. There aren't conspiracies behind every door or in every closet.

I haven't seen anything about the US funding those laboratories, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did after seeing how we were involved in Wuhan.

I do remember many people saying Ukraine didn't have those laboratories despite Nuland saying they did. Her statement at the end sounds just like how they described the Hunter Biden laptop.

Another indication of an animal source. It just makes the most sense: it’s how all previous novel human viruses have spread to humans and it wouldn’t involve a bunch of people keeping a secret.

I want to make this clear. This is a sample taken in late 2019 months after the first known cases? The question is how did the racoon dog get this version of covid? Did a bat from a 1,000 miles away magically appear at the wet market with the most human specific virulent virsus since the measles?

This story looks like deflection from the government agencies giving their opinion. The whole idea of a sample being up for a few hours, and then no way to really verify anything. It still doesn't answer any real questions. We know cats, and dogs can get covid. I'm even sure how this is different. If we had a sample from a cat at the wet market would they be proclaiming it as a potential source?

What's more likely a human virulent version of covid was passed to a racoon dog via a human? Or that some animal gave it to a racoon dog, and then passed covid to humans? This seems dumb on it's face.

You two just really, really want to make something out of nothing.

It’s what most of the scientists believe, it makes the most sense, and believe me if some scientist somewhere could prove human manipulation of this virus they would publish in a flat minute.

If we find evidence of human manipulation of this virus, then you guys can have a field day. Until then you’re ignoring what is a far more likely scenario for your favored conclusion.

Classic confirmation bias, IMO.

Also - JDONK - you say this is the most human specific virus since the measles and then you say we know dogs and cats can get it. 🤷‍♀️

I thought bats were eliminated as a possible source also?

From the article, emphasis mine:

“The new analysis builds on extensive previous research that points to the market as the source of the earliest major outbreak of SARS-CoV-2: Many of the earliest known COVID-19 cases of the pandemic were clustered roughly in the market’s vicinity. And the virus’s genetic material was found in many samples swabbed from carts and animal-processing equipment at the venue, as well as parts of nearby infrastructure, such as storehouses, sewage wells, and water drains. Raccoon dogs, creatures commonly bred for sale in China, are also already known to be one of many mammal species that can easily catch and spread the coronavirus.”

Last edited:
    From the article:

“The genetic sequences were pulled out of swabs taken in and near market stalls around the pandemic’s start. They represent the first bits of raw data that researchers outside of China’s academic institutions and their direct collaborators have had access to. A few weeks ago, the data appeared on an open-access genomic database called GISAID, after being quietly posted by researchers affiliated with the country’s Center for Disease Control and Prevention. By almost pure happenstance, scientists in Europe, North America, and Australia spotted the sequences, downloaded them, and began an analysis.”

“Now, an international team of virologists, genomicists, and evolutionary biologists may have finally found crucial data to help fill that knowledge gap. A new analysis of genetic sequences collected from the market shows that raccoon dogs being illegally sold at the venue could have been carrying and possibly shedding the virus at the end of 2019. It’s some of the strongest support yet, experts told me, that the pandemic began when SARS-CoV-2 hopped from animals into humans, rather than in an accident among scientists experimenting with viruses.

“This really strengthens the case for a natural origin,” says Seema Lakdawala, a virologist at Emory University who wasn’t involved in the research. Angela Rasmussen, a virologist involved in the research, told me, “This is a really strong indication that animals at the market were infected. There’s really no other explanation that makes any sense.””

Are all these scientists lying? Are they all “in on” a huge conspiracy? Make it make sense.

I think it’s quite possible the Chinese scientists surreptitiously posted the genetic sequences because they want to be transparent but are being prevented by the Chinese government. When the international team of scientists contacted the Chinese team, the data was removed, possibly by government edict. I’m sure Chinese scientists want to share all the data they have, that is the nature of scientists all over the world.

I haven't seen anything about the US funding those laboratories, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did after seeing how we were involved in Wuhan.

I do remember many people saying Ukraine didn't have those laboratories despite Nuland saying they did. Her statement at the end sounds just like how they described the Hunter Biden laptop.

The answer is in the link from my post. And it’s not the conspiracy you think it is. Just another corporate media stooge explanation though…so it’s not reliable. The Russians says they are biological, so that must be the truth. Since they don’t lie.

Also, the grant money payoff theory was absolutely debunked the other day but we all know that SFL will believe whatever he’s told to believe.

Just my two cents on where the virus got started. While I have always leaned towards animals into humans at this point I'm not sure we'll ever know.

BTW, lest we forget:

Lol

Last edited:
    Long COVID

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom