All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I still didn't hear him say the vaccine stops you from getting it and keeps you from spreading it.
    can you post that whole speech?
    Did the vaccine stop people from spreading it, No? So that was a lie as well.

"make sure you are vaccinated so you do not spread the disease to anyone else"

So he is just incompetent then? I know that to be true, but for an administration that is all about the truth, speaking truth to power, democracy dies in darkness and all of those other bumper sticker slogans, maybe instead of attacking those citizens that didn't want to take an experimental shot, he should have spoken the truth?
    Why would he say something that is just not true? We know it now to be not true, do we not?

Have you gotten the second booster yet?

Was this suppose to add to the conversation in some way or was this a drive by post?

If this was intended to be funny then cool, no harm no foul, I am just not smart enough to get it but I am sure it was delightful.
    I ask that every time I read one of SFL's posts.

Did the vaccine stop people from spreading it, No? So that was a lie as well.
    You don’t have a single clue what you are talking about and you just keep parroting this asinine point. At what point does this become beating a dead horse? I think we’re well past that now.

You obviously don’t give a tiny little shirt about presidents’ lies about Covid because you have never once complained about the lies that Trump told that actually contributed to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans.

Nope, you ignore that willful and immoral example of a President telling dangerous lies to aid his own political situation and choose to focus on a man who is trying to save lives.

This is a really morally bankrupt position you’re taking here. Not only is it scientifically unsound, it’s a cynical take that demonstrates you care nothing about the people who died from Covid.

nope, that can't be true. your science says it has to be male OR female only.
    'your' science? Science is science, just because it makes someone's tummy hurt by not agreeing with their self perception, doesn't make it not.

Do you not believe in abnormalities in nature?

Do you consider a hermaphrodite an abnormality or normal? Science and a government funded entity, which is the basis for the 'science' these days on the alt-left, considers it the rarest of variety of disorders of sexual differentiation.

so, you are saying the vaccine had no effect on the spreading?
    Do you think I said that?

I am asking a question based on what Biden said. Do you think he was correct in saying that you would not spread it if you were vaxed?

You don’t have a single clue what you are talking about and you just keep parroting this asinine point. At what point does this become beating a dead horse? I think we’re well past that now.

You obviously don’t give a tiny little shirt about presidents’ lies about Covid because you have never once complained about the lies that Trump told that actually contributed to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans.

Nope, you ignore that willful and immoral example of a President telling dangerous lies to aid his own political situation and choose to focus on a man who is trying to save lives.

This is a really morally bankrupt position you’re taking here. Not only is it scientifically unsound, it’s a cynical take that demonstrates you care nothing about the people who died from Covid.
    We are not discussing Trump.

Did Biden lie, was he misinformed or was he purposely spreading misinformation?

How many people did the vaccine save? How many people did the vaccine kill? How many people did Covid kill?
    Not sure. You can provide those number for the group if you like. Can you provide the numbers?

So, was Biden lying, was he fed incorrect information or was he purposefully spreading misinformation?

Do you consider a hermaphrodite an abnormality or normal?
    Do you consider them a person?

And if so, how do they fit into your worldview? Which restroom are they allowed to use? Are they allowed to read books to children at the library? Should children know they exist?

So, was Biden lying, was he fed incorrect information or was he purposefully spreading misinformation?
    Fourth option: if enough people had gotten the vaccine, and the virus hadn't mutated, then the vaccine would have effectively prevented spread.

The vaccine doesn't prevent spread, but herd immunity does. If enough people had gotten the vaccine to the point we reached herd immunity, then the ability for the virus to spread would have been greatly diminished, to the point that it would effectively have prevented the spread. In that regard, it's the same as any other vaccine (polio, measles, etc). It's not that the vaccine prevents 100% of people from getting sick. But if it prevents 90% of people from getting sick, then the virus doesn't run into enough people who ARE vulnerable to continue spreading before the infected person's immune system clears the virus. Ergo, it stops spreading. The vaccine prevents spread.

Unfortunately, too many people were vaccine hesitant which prevented us from getting to herd immunity quickly, and by the time we did reach herd immunity for the 2020 version of the virus, the virus had already mutated to Delta and the original vaccine was not as effective at preventing spread as it would have been for the 2020 version of the virus. It took another two years to get the bivalent vaccine to deal with delta/omicron, and by now it's largely too late to do anything other than take a yearly vaccine a la the flu vaccine.

Basically, if you hadn't been such a birch about a needle meanie, we might have gotten to a point where the vaccine prevented spread. But you were a birch so here we are.

You and all the other vaccine deniers made a self-fulfilling prophecy and then self-fulfilled it. Congrats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom