All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Do you know the protocols for vaccine research? There normally isn’t “testing” of transmission. Do you know why? Because then they would have to purposefully expose people to a deadly virus. And some of them would have to be unvaccinated to provide a control group. This isn’t a good idea. So the people that are putting this idea into your head either don’t know any better or they know, but are purposefully misleading you. Will you take that into consideration when reading these sources in the future?
    Then why were we told by those in charge that it would prevent transmission?

It's another Benghazi. Theater outrage with little truth behind it. All red meat, except benghazi was designed to harm Hilary. This is to take vengeance at a civil servant that refused to bend the knee to their god king.
    Or a civil servant that willingly took a knee to your god-king. Can it not be the other side of the coin with the left?

Or a civil servant that willingly took a knee to your god-king. Can it not be the other side of the coin with the left?
    Who s my god king? Science and evidence based decisions? What scares you about science and evidence?

They judge it by measuring antibodies and by keeping track of two populations who go about their normal lives. One group vaxxed and one not. They don’t see infections in the vaxxed group and they do see infections in the control group. It’s all done scientifically. There was data. Nobody lied to you.

As I said before though, immunity isn’t like a light switch and no vaccine is ever 100%. There are always people who don’t fully respond for whatever reason. But we had data for about a 95% success rate on the mRNA vaccines (IIRC) until the virus mutated and Delta changed that.

It wasn’t lies and there was no conspiracy.

I don't remember anyone saying get the vaccine then you can go about your business like there's nothing out there. I still wore a mask after I was originally vaccinated. I still stayed away from crowds after I was originally vaccinated. You have to use your brain during a pandemic.

They judge it by measuring antibodies and by keeping track of two populations who go about their normal lives. One group vaxxed and one not. They don’t see infections in the vaxxed group and they do see infections in the control group. It’s all done scientifically. There was data. Nobody lied to you.

As I said before though, immunity isn’t like a light switch and no vaccine is ever 100%. There are always people who don’t fully respond for whatever reason. But we had data for about a 95% success rate on the mRNA vaccines (IIRC) until the virus mutated and Delta changed that.

It wasn’t lies and there was no conspiracy.
    Then maybe the president should not have said that those that are vaccinated cannot spread covid. They can and they did. Is that not a lie?

Then maybe the president should not have said that those that are vaccinated cannot spread covid. They can and they did. Is that not a lie?
    Getting vaccinated is/was better for the individual who gets/got it and it's better for the population that individual lives and works among. That's all that matters. Don't worry about Trump's claims concerning eating Clorox etc.

Which president and when? This is such a silly thing to go on and on about. It’s like you are willfully not acknowledging that there is more than one version of the virus.

You’re arguing something you obviously don’t understand and don’t want to understand. Plenty of people understand this stuff, you don’t need a degree in biology. You are capable of understanding you just choose not to so you can think you have something of a point here. You do not.

I have made a good faith effort to explain this stuff to you, on more than one occasion. I won’t be wasting any more time.

Getting vaccinated is/was better for the individual who gets/got it and it's better for the population that individual lives and works among. That's all that matters. Don't worry about Trump's claims concerning eating Clorox etc.
    Was it a lie to claim that one that got the vax could not get covid or spread it?

Was it a lie to claim that one that got the vax could not get covid or spread it?
    I never heard anyone say that if you got vaccinated you couldn't get COVID. I heard it said that if you were vaccinated the likelihood of you getting seriously ill from COVID was significantly reduced. All you have to do is look at the stats. After a good percentage of people were vaccinated the covid intensive care wards had mostly non-vaccinated people in them.

None of it really matters because you think the vaccine and masks were ineffective and didn't help curb the spread at all.

I guess i would like to see the words come out if his mouth where he specifically said the vaxed could not get or spread the virus.
    I am not talking about snippets of a video that doesn't show a whole speech or the whole explination, or post something that you assume he meant when he said something like "This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated" putting meaning to something that fits what you wanted to hear. I want to straight up see where he said what you are claiming. I also am not talking about an article where some one claimed he said it or "heard" him say it.

Last edited:
    Which president and when? This is such a silly thing to go on and on about. It’s like you are willfully not acknowledging that there is more than one version of the virus.

You’re arguing something you obviously don’t understand and don’t want to understand. Plenty of people understand this stuff, you don’t need a degree in biology. You are capable of understanding you just choose not to so you can think you have something of a point here. You do not.

I have made a good faith effort to explain this stuff to you, on more than one occasion. I won’t be wasting any more time.
    Does this degree in biology also explain that men can get pregnant and have babies? That children that present with a mental illness, the best course of action is use experimental/off label drugs that are not tested and possible irreversible surgeries to modify the body to help fit with the incorrect perception of the mind? Is that the biology you keep bringing up?

You do know that anytime you bring up biology or science, you have no rational leg to stand on, right?

I never heard anyone say that if you got vaccinated you couldn't get COVID. I heard it said that if you were vaccinated the likelihood of you getting seriously ill from COVID was significantly reduced. All you have to do is look at the stats. After a good percentage of people were vaccinated the covid intensive care wards had mostly non-vaccinated people in them.
    its a narrative pushed by the anti- vax to try to strengthen their position..

you’re just wrong. About everything concerning the vaccine and the virus. You have listened to conspiracy theories and believed them.

What you don’t understand about biology is almost limitless. I’m not worried at all that you don’t think much of my knowledge of biology or medicine.

You are completely hornswoggled by charlatans. You are the one with no credibility here. And you don’t even have a clue about that, either.

None of it really matters because you think the vaccine and masks were ineffective and didn't help curb the spread at all.

I guess i would like to see the words come out if his mouth where he specifically said the vaxed could not get or spread the virus.
    I am not talking about snippets of a video that doesn't show a whole speech or the whole explination, or post something that you assume he meant when he said something like "This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated" putting meaning to something that fits what you wanted to hear. I want to straight up see where he said what you are claiming. I also am not talking about an article where some one claimed he said it or "heard" him say it.

So it was a lie. Thanks.

Did I ever say that you said it? I asked you if Biden lied when he said it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom