All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?
    Was not on this board when this thread started.

The negative impact on rural hospitals/healthcare is far more driven by private equity, the for-profit model, so-called shareholder “value” and other social variables such as lack of employment and decent wages for those who need healthcare.

Original article:

And?

Donnie the Dim-Witted pulled the CDC team from Wuhan. Donnie the Dim-Witted threw out the pandemic playbook.

Go whine somewhere else along with Donnie the Dim-Witted.

Hopefully, Monkeypox never gets it’s own thread, so I’m putting this here.

@Farb I’m finally excited about Monkeypox, but not in a good way.

I was willing to accept the government was prepared for a coronavirus, no reason to question why they would be conducting research on it,

I’m finding it harder to accept they happened to decide in September if 2020 it was time for the NIH and Wuhan to start preparing for Monkeypox.

This could go in any number of threads, but here is as good as any. It was never about wearing masks. It was always about crazy conspiracy theories, and “owning” the libs, while exposing themselves and everyone around them to whatever germs they have.

This could go in any number of threads, but here is as good as any. It was never about wearing masks. It was always about crazy conspiracy theories, and “owning” the libs, while exposing themselves and everyone around them to whatever germs they have.

Is there science to back the mask wearing craze? In the beginning I heard there was, then heard there wasn't, then a study showed wearing masks did not prevent the spread, so it is an honest question. Was the CDC right or wrong?

Is there science to back the mask wearing craze? In the beginning I heard there was, then heard there wasn't, then a study showed wearing masks did not prevent the spread, so it is an honest question. Was the CDC right or wrong?
    I think the answers to this were already given to you in this thread. You ignored it then, there is no reason to expect you would acknowledge them now.

I’ll bite -

Regular non-N95 Facemasks, when worn correctly, provide only a minimum level of protection when the other individuals around you aren’t wearing them.

They do however, provide fairly robust protection when are parties are wearing them correctly.

Correct donning and doffing of real PPE would reduce risk to near minimal but the population would never accept N95, nitrile gloves, glasses with side shields and scrubbing of exposed skin.

This is the same of any PPE in existence. It only works as well as its user intends for it to. You think it is worthless - it absolutely will be.

I’ll bite -

Regular non-N95 Facemasks, when worn correctly, provide only a minimum level of protection when the other individuals around you aren’t wearing them.

They do however, provide fairly robust protection when are parties are wearing them correctly.

Correct donning and doffing of real PPE would reduce risk to near minimal but the population would never accept N95, nitrile gloves, glasses with side shields and scrubbing of exposed skin.

This is the same of any PPE in existence. It only works as well as its user intends for it to. You think it is worthless - it absolutely will be.
    Can you link the study that shows this?

He could - but there are many, many studies that show this. Or you could just observe what your local medical facilities do. The people who are anti-mask are generally crackpots.

What study?

That PPE works when used properly?

Ask a doctor, nurse.

or an environmental engineer who has worked in cleaning of superfund sites and spent years in level B (full faced CBA and full body encapsulation). To wear that, you must pass active and passive seal tests and pass written exams on the use and effectiveness of PPE. When they were a lot younger of course.

Ok, lets start simple. Do you believe the science is there to support kids wearing masks in school?

Well that wasn’t the subject but if you are asking if I believe kids need masks TODAY in school, I would say no. At least where I am almost everyone is vaccinated and they stopped wearing masks in March.

I completely agreed with their masking and distancing (along with the at-home learning the whole year previously) that we did prior. We never had a single shut down or return to at-home of a single school in PPS. And my kids were PCR tested twice a week by the Public Health Authority to ensure no outbreaks.

Does that answer your completely unrelated question?

Well that wasn’t the subject but if you are asking if I believe kids need masks TODAY in school, I would say no. At least where I am almost everyone is vaccinated and they stopped wearing masks in March.

I completely agreed with their masking and distancing (along with the at-home learning the whole year previously) that we did prior. We never had a single shut down or return to at-home of a single school in PPS. And my kids were PCR tested twice a week by the Public Health Authority to ensure no outbreaks.

Does that answer your completely unrelated question?
    It does. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom