All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I’ve read just recently about two Q/Anti-Vax people who died from Covid this month, one was well known online in the Q/Anti-Vax community, and one was just the story of a random person who believed all the nonsense about the vaccines and treatments and refused everything except for the two fake treatments that we’ve all heard so much about.

This random lady - a wife, mother and grandmother - believed that the treatments her doctors recommended would kill her and that ivermectin and hydroxychloroquin would save her. Her husband and daughters couldn’t talk her out of it. I don’t think this kind of delusion just goes away. She literally died because of her delusions.

I’ve read just recently about two Q/Anti-Vax people who died from Covid this month, one was well known online in the Q/Anti-Vax community, and one was just the story of a random person who believed all the nonsense about the vaccines and treatments and refused everything except for the two fake treatments that we’ve all heard so much about.

This random lady - a wife, mother and grandmother - believed that the treatments her doctors recommended would kill her and that ivermectin and hydroxychloroquin would save her. Her husband and daughters couldn’t talk her out of it. I don’t think this kind of delusion just goes away. She literally died because of her delusions.
    I had posted about this on EE

Yeah, I saw an interview with her. She can go pound sand. She should have never gone on TV and said that Trump read and understood the medical articles about Covid. Clearly a big fat lie. She failed us, and I’m not buying her idea that she didn’t.

Hahahahaha! Nice Oakland, very nice! :smilielol::claps::claps:

Eggs. Many, many eggs. That is what greeted a trucker convoy protesting outside the home of a Democratic state lawmaker in Oakland, Calif., last week.
    It turns out that residents of the East Bay neighborhood, including the younger ones, were not happy with the hulking rigs disrupting their lives.

Video shows people pelting the trucks with eggs and shouting, “Get out of our town!” Many youths are seen celebrating after emptying several cartons and launching a barrage of eggs.
    “That’s what I’m talking about!” one of the egg-throwers is heard yelling in the video.
    Drivers had been blasting their horns and crowding the roadway outside the East Bay home of State Assembly member Buffy Wicks on Friday. The truckers said on a live stream that they were targeting the Democrat because she had proposed a bill preventing coroners from investigating stillbirths and other lost pregnancies. Another bill she proposed, which has since been put on hold, calls for employers to mandate that workers be vaccinated against the coronavirus.

The California Highway Patrol and Oakland police told the San Francisco Chronicle that no arrests or citations were issued and that the demonstrations, which congested roads outside the lawmaker’s home for about an hour, were peaceful. Those departments did not immediately respond to requests for comment Tuesday.

"somehow even worse than we thought" should be the motto for this whole administration
    =================================================

In the first year of the COVID pandemic, as cases spread rapidly and deaths mounted, then-President Donald Trump threatened to withdraw help for governors who didn’t treat him “nicely” and his aides barred the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from giving briefings for a staggering six months, according to a trove of new information released this week.

Emails between top officials from the CDC and Trump administration, released by a House panel on Friday, also revealed that Trump aides strong-armed the CDC into watering down its public-health guidance for churches in May 2020, just as houses of worship were emerging as particularly risky settings.

In early May, the CDC released two reports, one of which detailed how a pastor at an Arkansas church and his wife unwittingly spread the virus to 26 others, which came to balloon into a cluster of 61, of which four people died. The second report found that 87 percent of attendees at a choir practice in Washington had caught the virus.

The message, and accompanying recommendations that churches hold virtual or drive-in services only, was a stark contrast to Trump’s ridiculously rosy suggestion in April that the country should re-open entirely and be “raring to go by Easter.”

Perhaps not surprisingly, when the CDC sent its draft guidance for religious communities to the White House on May 21, 2020, Trump aides immediately pushed back, the emails show...........

DC Convoy: Take Two
    ================

WASHINGTON (WJLA) — Organizers of the People's Convoy say they are headed back to Washington D.C., leaving from Idaho on May 5.

"When we left, you guys laughed at us," said a speaker at a convoy rally. "You made fun of us."

"Enough is enough. When we go back to DC, we are not the same convoy that went there the first time. We are not the same convoy that left there. We are coming back with teeth and a backbone!" he exclaimed to cheers.

The convoy camped out in Hagerstown, Maryland in March and traveled to D.C. almost daily for three weeks, protesting COVID-19 mandates...........

So when the government continues to roll back covid policies, it will be because of the Truckers, not because it was time.

What “mandates” are they actually protesting now? Don’t they have jobs?

That is there job. They're being paid by right wing provocateur's to continue causing havoc for no discernable reason or outcome.

That’s a good point. I have read there are some indications these and the school board agitators are being paid.

Nah. The government doesn't do things that infringe on our privacy rights. While this may be legal, it definitely isn't something they should be doing.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention used location data from tens of millions of Americans’ phones to track compliance with lockdown orders and vaccination efforts, according to newly revealed documents.

The CDC specifically monitored Americans’ visits to churches and schools, as well as “detailed counts of visits to participating pharmacies for vaccine monitoring,” internal documents from the federal agency obtained by Vice show.

Nah. The government doesn't do things that infringe on our privacy rights. While this may be legal, it definitely isn't something they should be doing.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention used location data from tens of millions of Americans’ phones to track compliance with lockdown orders and vaccination efforts, according to newly revealed documents.

The CDC specifically monitored Americans’ visits to churches and schools, as well as “detailed counts of visits to participating pharmacies for vaccine monitoring,” internal documents from the federal agency obtained by Vice show.

Here's a nice little detail you overlooked:

The CDC argued in the documents that data from SafeGraph — which is backed by tech billionaire Peter Thiel and ex-Saudi intelligence chief Turki bin Faisal Al Saud...

Peter Thiel, alleged libertarian hero and heavy financial backer of many GOP politicians. You seem to think the government is collecting this information on their own. They aren't. This is one of the biggest capitalist/libertarians in the U.S. today simply giving, and then later selling, this data to the government.

Where is your outrage over that? I don't expect a response.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom