All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (8 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Remember the whole 'if you call it the china virus you are a racist xenophobe'.
I think it was more all the harassment and assaults on Asian Americans (not even Chinese but hey, they all look the same right?) that caused people to be called racist xenophobes

We have a whole long thread on it, remember?

This is a perfect example of how one's practical concerns are enslaved to political ideology.
Yep, 2 years in and we are still yelling at people that didn't get multipule experimental jabs with no investigation on how it started. Our politicians and bureaucratic leaders don't want to jeopardies their retirement plans.

Yep, 2 years in and we are still yelling at people that didn't get multipule experimental jabs with no investigation on how it started. Our politicians and bureaucratic leaders don't want to jeopardies their retirement plans.
I see what you did there... but it doesn't change my point.

Yep. 2 years in and we are still crying about getting our shots at the doctor.

So 2 years in - where's all the disasters predicted from the vaccine? Where's the 5G? Where's the microchips? Where's the birth defects? The mass casualties?

Isn't it time to admit that you really are just scared of ouchies?

Yep. 2 years in and we are still crying about getting our shots at the doctor.

So 2 years in - where's all the disasters predicted from the vaccine? Where's the 5G? Where's the microchips? Where's the birth defects? The mass casualties?

Isn't it time to admit that you really are just scared of ouchies?

The fight against mass vaccination will always be on the the stupidest and most damaging fights ever. It literally cost many idiots their lives, and the right still doesn't back off.

Some are still claiming this, that more people died from the covid vaccine than from covid and the media is covering it up.

Young muppet Elmo proudly got his coronavirus vaccine, weeks after the United States made the shots widely available for children under 5.

The furry red Sesame Street resident, who has been 3½ years old since 1984, acknowledged in his signature falsetto voice there was “a little pinch, but it was okay.”

His muppet father, Louie, told Elmo, who was wearing a green bandage on his arm, that he was “super-duper” while getting his shot.
“I had a lot of questions about Elmo getting the covid vaccine. Was it safe? Was it the right decision? I talked to our pediatrician so I could make the right choice,” Louie says to the camera in a clip shared online Tuesday.

“I learned that Elmo getting vaccinated is the best way to keep himself, our friends, neighbors and everyone else healthy and enjoying the things they love,” he adds, before hugging Elmo.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) shared the clip on Twitter — and blasted the popular PBS/HBO children’s show for allowing Elmo to “aggressively advocate for vaccinating children UNDER 5.”

He added: “You cite ZERO scientific evidence for this.”
The internet was quickly filled with comments on Cruz v. Elmo, with one person tweeting: “I’m here for the right-wing meltdown because a puppet got vaccinated.”………

Which is just exceedingly, excruciatingly stupid, but here we are.
Do we consider data from 1 year to be a valid long term study? Much like the data of effects of puberty blockers on children, we probably need to take a wait and see approach.

Is there still a need for the vaccine if you are healthy? Big Pharma says 'yes' what is your opinion?

Do we consider data from 1 year to be a valid long term study? Much like the data of effects of puberty blockers on children, we probably need to take a wait and see approach.

The interesting thing about science is that it's not just about observing things that have already happened. It's about using those observations to make sound predictions about the way things will work in the future.

For example, when we drop a ball off of a roof and it hits the ground, we observe the way gravity works. When we observe that gravity works that way over and over, we conclude that gravity probably works this way every time, and we use it to predict how gravity will react in other situations, even if we haven't observed them. So when the time comes to launch a rocket into space for the very first time, we know how gravity is going to work to pull it down, and so we use that information to determine how much thrust we need to break free of gravity.

It's a very basic explanation, but that's the gist of it. Science is not just about observation. It's about prediction based on observation. Also, it's about knowing how much observation is necessary to be able to form a reasonable prediction.

Based on what we have observed in clinical trials and now results of the rollout, and the years of research on mRNA vaccines prior to 2020, the scientific consensus is that we absolutely have enough data to make reasonable predictions about both the efficacy and the safety of vaccines.

It's not about observing how they are after a year of rollout. Literally all historical vaccine research informs the decision-making processes on these vaccines.

Last edited:

Is there still a need for the vaccine if you are healthy? Big Pharma says 'yes' what is your opinion?
Well, my opinion aligns with medical science which says yes, I need the vaccine.

Oh, and puberty blockers have been used on children with certain endocrine disorders for a couple of decades. I know I’ve told you that before. Yet you keep claiming we have no experience with them. Why do you do that?

Well, my opinion aligns with medical science which says yes, I need the vaccine.

Oh, and puberty blockers have been used on children with certain endocrine disorders for a couple of decades. I know I’ve told you that before. Yet you keep claiming we have no experience with them. Why do you do that?
Maybe because Europe has decided that a 'wait and see' attitude is a better plan as the data is small and at best inconclusive.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56601386
The National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE) said existing studies of the drugs were small and "subject to bias and confounding".

https://www.academie-medecine.fr/la...-chez-les-enfants-et-les-adolescents/?lang=en

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom