All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I thought the whole pushing Regeneron thing was weird, but if this is true it makes perfect sense. Of course, the DeSantis fan boys will either never see this or refuse to acknowledge it.

DeSantis is corrupt right out in the open. The whole Publix thing? He doesn’t even care if people know he’s for sale. (They don’t care apparently).

GA, I'm pretty sure I'm older than you but I don't ever remember 1st day of school being after Labor Day in the New Orleans area....particularly high school because I lamented the fact that I had to do summer school every year because of honors classes and then when it was over, band practice and then having 1 week of summer vacation before going back to school. Now, granted, I went to a catholic high school so maybe public schools were different but I don't remember schools in Orleans or Jefferson starting after Labor Day.
    You are by a few years. Did my first eight grades in Catholic school in New Orleans and my final four in the OPSB. We always started after labor day.

GA, I'm pretty sure I'm older than you but I don't ever remember 1st day of school being after Labor Day in the New Orleans area....particularly high school because I lamented the fact that I had to do summer school every year because of honors classes and then when it was over, band practice and then having 1 week of summer vacation before going back to school. Now, granted, I went to a catholic high school so maybe public schools were different but I don't remember schools in Orleans or Jefferson starting after Labor Day.

I went to school in LA exclusively from kindergarten - college (1969-1988). I never remember school starting after Labor day. It always started mid-late August....perhaps this period was later, after I left?

I went to school in LA exclusively from kindergarten - college (1969-1988). I never remember school starting after Labor day. It always started mid-late August....perhaps this period was later, after I left?
    Well I graduated HS in 1988 so it was that way for me as well. I did K-8 in Jefferson parish parochial school and then catholic high school in Orleans parish and we always started mid August. I'm guessing that there were a few schools that started later than others.

Graduated in 1996, public schools in Louisiana. The closest thing I recall to starting after labor day was one year where we started on a Monday, and were off that Friday for Labor Day.

Graduated in 1996, public schools in Louisiana. The closest thing I recall to starting after labor day was one year where we started on a Monday, and were off that Friday for Labor Day.
    Graduated in 1999. Went to Catholic schools through my first semester of ninth grade. Catholic schools always started a week or two before public schools around the second week of August. Don't ever remember anyone starting after Labor Day though and most of my neighborhood friends went to public schools. Catholic schools also got out in mid-May while public schools got out in the first week of June or the last week of May (at the earliest).

Only time I remember getting out of school in May was in 1993 when I graduated from high school. And that was late May. We graduated June 3, 1993 and that was the week before exams for the rest of the school (my godmother was my high school principal).

Oh, would you look at that. One of the Grand Maskholes caught Covid. Of course, he'll be fine.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has tested positive for the coronavirus, his office said Tuesday.
    Abbott is among the Republican governors who have resisted public-health mandates aimed at stemming the tide of the virus’s delta variant, which has caused a new spike in cases as the country attempts to reopen schools, restaurants and other businesses.

Here’s what I found interesting, Abbott supposedly found out because he is tested daily. He has no symptoms. They are still giving him Regeneron, though. I didn’t think a fully vaccinated person without symptoms was a candidate for Regeneron. Shows what I know.

In the contest for worst COVID governor, Abbott has opened up a lead with this gambit.

I read that abbot was vaccinated and maybe even has had a booster shot.

If true, him gettin covid is only going to give anti-vaxxer/maskers more to fuel rationalizing their denial.

I read that abbot was vaccinated and maybe even has had a booster shot.

If true, him gettin covid is only going to give anti-vaxxer/maskers more to fuel rationalizing their denial.
    Lot's of vaccinated people are now getting Covid. I think they are getting much less severe symptoms. Abbot getting Covid may embolden some anti-vaxers, but it shouldn't embolden anti-maskers, since Abbot probably wasn't taking proper masking precautions, given his politics.

Edit: I just saw the post from Grand Admiral showing Abbot at an indoor meeting without masks nor social distancing. It confirms what I thought about him not taking precautions, so this should be a good example to anti-maskers about why masks are needed. They won't care, but even their feeble little minds can't contend that this is an argument against masks.

Maybe it‘s just the image, but that looks fake. The phone number doesn’t pull anything up related to Fox (I’m not about to dial it though)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom