All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

How is this “church”??

If his congregation follows his preaching not to get vaccinated, and not to wear masks, then soon most of his congregation will have Covid, including him, and some will die. It's a good thing he doesn't need their money, because his church's days are probably much less numbered than Biden's. I guess I'm a demon-possessed leftist!

All I’m saying is how we look at that data is both correct it’s just how you look at it. If you say as an overall 2000 people have died of Covid, but then compare that to a very select set of vaccinated people dying it’s not a reliable use of data. Now if you were to reborn that with over 60, seriously comorbid individuals that were unvaccinated, then you would have a legit comparison.

All I’m saying is how we look at that data is both correct it’s just how you look at it. If you say as an overall 2000 people have died of Covid, but then compare that to a very select set of vaccinated people dying it’s not a reliable use of data. Now if you were to reborn that with over 60, seriously comorbid individuals that were unvaccinated, then you would have a legit comparison.
    They're not really both correct, because you're just not accurate when you say "looks like .001% of vaccinated breakthroughs are dying". In reality about 2% of breakthrough cases are dying, compared to less than 1% of currently unvaccinated. On the surface, that is very misleading, because it gives the impression that it is better to be unvaccinated, however the vast majority of the new diagnosed cases are healthy people, so they didn't need the vaccine as much. So, yes the co-morbidities and age would flip the percentages, but your statement wasn't correct as written regardless of these factors. I understand that it is far better to be vaccinated, because you're about 50 times more likely to get sick from Covid if you're unvaccinated, and whether the death rate is 2% or 1%, they're both high, and then there is long Covid to be worried about.

They're not really both correct, because you're just not accurate when you say "looks like .001% of vaccinated breakthroughs are dying". In reality about 2% of breakthrough cases are dying, compared to less than 1% of currently unvaccinated.
    I will defer to Kaiser Medical and then exit this, as all it’s become is a pissing match between unreliable data for a myriad of reasons.

• The hospitalization rate among fully vaccinated people with COVID-19 ranged from effectively zero (0.00%) in California, Delaware, D.C., Indiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Vermont, and Virginia to 0.06% in Arkansas. (Note: Hospitalization may or may not have been due to COVID-19.)
    • The rates of death among fully vaccinated people with COVID-19 were even lower, effectively zero (0.00%) in all but two reporting states, Arkansas and Michigan where they were 0.01%. (Note: Deaths may or may not have been due to COVID-19.)

*crack-smoking, demon-possessed leftist.
    Hold on now! I'm only going to accept the description of a demon-possessed leftist. I mean I can't swear that I'm not a demon-possessed leftist, because maybe that's why I believe what I believe. Maybe the demon is making me think this way! However, I can attest to not smoking crack!

Was browsing SR.com and chuckled when I saw a thread inquiring about the New Orleans mask mandate devolve into a platform for the dignitary harm crew to argue that masks do nothing and/or its an affront to their freedoms.

If such sentiments were common in the 1940's the U.S. would not have won World War II.

Was browsing SR.com and chuckled when I saw a thread inquiring about the New Orleans mask mandate devolve into a platform for the dignitary harm crew to argue that masks do nothing and/or its an affront to their freedoms.

If such sentiments were common in the 1940's the U.S. would not have won World War II.

If they were common in the 50's and 60's we'd still have Polio, the Measles and Smallpox.

I will defer to Kaiser Medical and then exit this, as all it’s become is a pissing match between unreliable data for a myriad of reasons.

• The hospitalization rate among fully vaccinated people with COVID-19 ranged from effectively zero (0.00%) in California, Delaware, D.C., Indiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Vermont, and Virginia to 0.06% in Arkansas. (Note: Hospitalization may or may not have been due to COVID-19.)
    • The rates of death among fully vaccinated people with COVID-19 were even lower, effectively zero (0.00%) in all but two reporting states, Arkansas and Michigan where they were 0.01%. (Note: Deaths may or may not have been due to COVID-19.)
    It's interesting that the Kaiser data shows that Virginia breakthroughs are about 3 times more likely to die, while California breakthroughs are about 10 times less likely to die than unvaccinated infected people. Maybe the demographics are different or a different variant of the virus. Nevertheless, vaccinated people are much more likely to survive than unvaccinated people (on the order of 40 times more likely), and considering that the vaccinated skew to more vulnerable people, that's still great. It doesn't change what I was saying, which is once a breakthrough occurs, the likelihood of dying is similar to those of unvaccinated infected people.

Curious to know if he's been around other House members, and if there will be more positive tests to follow...

And I thought only Rs weren’t getting vaccinated?

So if one is black or Hispanic, one's automatically a Democrat? And if White, Republican? You mean there are no white Democrats in NYC?

Schools start opening soon, we’ll see how bad this gets
    ===================
    Schools across the country are considering mask mandates as they chart a path toward allowing students to return in the coming weeks.

And in some coronavirus hot spots, they find themselves caught between guidance from the federal government to wear masks in the classroom to stop the spread — and laws passed by Republican governors that limit such requirements.

In Florida, Broward County Public Schools reversed course this week on its decision to mandate masks for students, staff and visitors indoors after Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) issued an executive order allowing the state’s education official to withhold funds to school boards that impose mask mandates on students.

In Arizona, a court hearing is scheduled on Wednesday in a lawsuit filed by a high school biology teacher challenging a decision by the Phoenix Union High School District to require masks indoors.

The teacher — in the state where Gov. Doug Ducey (R) has banned schools from mandating masks — has argued that the district does not have this authority.

But in Arkansas, Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R) called for state legislators to gather for a special session on Wednesday to provide an exception to the state’s ban on mask mandates.

Hutchinson seeks to allow schools to require face coverings as the state battles rising cases fueled by the more contagious delta variant.
As Arkansas officials described surging infection rates among children in the state, Hutchinson said he regretted signing the bill months earlier. “In hindsight, I wish that it had not become law,” he said at a news conference Tuesday……..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom