All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

On another topic, I can't believe how much I was spending in gas and lunch every month. I checked my personal account and couldn't believe how much I had saved from working from home since last March.

For real. There's a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market like a mile from my house, I think I've filled up 2-3 times in the last year. Not only am I saving money on food, I'm eating a little better since it's easier to prep when I'm working from home. I do still try to make one delivery order (preferably from a local place) every Friday just to keep some money in the community.

The tweets about him are also without much fanfare at all, and I find it refreshing... He and Dr. Biden doing regular people things...

Tonight on Tucker.... Sleepy Joe desecrates White House Lawn with cheap signs in sad attempt to win over affection from "Ms" Jill Biden

(cause he is probably a jerk about her PhD).

I guess the 'poors' should apologize for needing help...

Look, I get his usual points about having emergency savings, and really living as poor as you can until you have a decent safety net, and making smarter choices.

But, don't ya think a year long pandemic, where some have been without work, or were under worked/paid for months or a year is a bit beyond anyone's savings plans?

It's not about changing anyone's life. It's about just helping get by a little longer. And for a family, it may be 4-6k. So, that's rent, food, etc for a while.

Yeah, my wife and I went through his seminar and some of what he teaches is actually very useful. It's worked for a lot of people.

That said, what he's teaching isn't some sort of huge revelation. It's just mostly good financial practices distilled into easy to understand soundbites. He's good at what he does, but his politics has basically been to agree with whatever the right believes at any point in time.

That's the con part for me.

Man, things are getting worse for Cuomo. How could this big faux pas happen?

Yeah, this isn't good at all. I've always thought he was a pretty good guy and liked a lot of his pressers, but deliberately hiding and/or minimizing the severity of the Covid numbers just makes you question what else was going on.

It helps that the MS media is essentially the press arm of the DNC and the hard hitting questions were asked by his younger brother? Just a hunch.

It helps that the MS media is essentially the press arm of the DNC and the hard hitting questions were asked by his younger brother? Just a hunch.
    Chris Cuomo does come across as sounding or appearing self-righteous or a bit of a prig in his rants, like Jake Tapper, but considering some of inane, incompetently stupid, frankly dangerous policy decisions and actions, idiotic race-baiting rhetoric and support or sympathy for far-right white supremacists, conspiracy theorists, they got sick and tired of not calling out some of Trump’s worst excesses, and they were VERY MANY OF THEM.

yeah, except for the fact that it seems like everyone is p***** at him.

yeah, except for the fact that it seems like everyone is p***** at him.

This stuff was talked about on the Joe Rogan podcast back in June. I'm guessing MSM picked it up after the cover-up story came out as well.

If your job has been stable and able to make bills most of the time this pandemic has been a net plus for bank accounts. When we take away going out to eat, spending money shopping out of boredom, gas to go to work, all of that, I know a lot of people who have significantly cut down on expenses this last year.

However, what bugs me about Ramsey and the others who go on about this is that if your sector has been hard hit during this mess, how are you supposed to be saving money from a job you either don’t have or whose hours have been slashed?

If your job has been stable and able to make bills most of the time this pandemic has been a net plus for bank accounts. When we take away going out to eat, spending money shopping out of boredom, gas to go to work, all of that, I know a lot of people who have significantly cut down on expenses this last year.

However, what bugs me about Ramsey and the others who go on about this is that if your sector has been hard hit during this mess, how are you supposed to be saving money from a job you either don’t have or whose hours have been slashed?

Well, if you would have been following his advice before the pandemic, you wouldn't be in this position now, would you? Also, Jesus.

/s

We, being us conservatives, have been talking about this since last summer. The media (social as well) was not going to tarnish the reputation of their golden child (he was the anti-trump) of the pandemic. They had no desire to actually ask questions, well besides right wing publications. Remember, there was presidential talk about his idiot.
    That was par for the course before the election.

You’re absolutely right. I ended up completely redoing our bedroom and kitchen with all new appliances etc. because we were not spending money on vacations etc. so we had far more disposable income sitting in savings. Even with all of that I saved thousands more than I’d projected for the year. Not going on vacations alone was a huge savings for us (we are a family of 5 and take a few trips a year).

You’re absolutely right. I ended up completely redoing our bedroom and kitchen with all new appliances etc. because we were not spending money on vacations etc. so we had far more disposable income sitting in savings. Even with all of that I saved thousands more than I’d projected for the year. Not going on vacations alone was a huge savings for us (we are a family of 5 and take a few trips a year).

Yeah, we were able to move to a larger rental, really out of necessity. So, we were breaking even or slightly in the negative each month. Since the move, we're pretty much in the same spot. We still have a ton of debt, but that's been coming down a bit since I started my new job 14 months ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom