All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I read a poster on another forum I frequent simultaneously go full MAGA then complain how much it angers him to see AOC get a vaccine before he can. To further put this in perspective, the guy lives in Matt Gaetz's district. We are beyond crazy town.

Yeah, so...in case anyone is wondering, there's no way to change your direct deposit information the IRS has on file for you. closed the account they have on file for me this summer and switched to Iberia Bank. Now I'll have the pleasure of waiting for them to attempt a direct deposit, have it kicked back, have them notice it didn't go through and then have them issue a paper check that will go in the mail. I moved this summer as well and the guy who lived there before me never did a change of address with the USPS. I moved in there in June and got his stimulus check. I got my direct deposit from the IRS like the day they authorized the payments. So there was only like a 3 month difference between the two.

Stupid that you can't change that information.

Here's the list of the 6 senators who voted against the COVID relief bill; all had no issue supporting the tax cuts for the 1%.

Rand Paul votes against every damn thing...what does he think the Federal Gov't is supposed to be doing? What does he think his purpose is?

I'm perfectly ok with this. Fork Rand Paul.

Me too. As far as Rand goes. Meh whatever I kind of like him. I mean we have now passed 5 Trillion in "relief" and hell 1.6T from the first one still hasn't been spent and the crap in this current bill I would have voted no. Also eventually this bill is eventually going to be due.

*some one can correct my #s from above.

Exactly. If he wanted this, he would've pressured it while negotiations were ongoing.

I know conventional wisdom in stuff like this is to get it negotiated before...but, I kind of think this might be better. Simply say he's not signing it without a straight add on for the stimulus checks. No horse trading since that's already done. And dare Congress to do nothing. I don't know if that works, but it's a thought anyway.

I know Trump is doing this for his own reasons, but broken clocks and all that.

I have zero doubt Nancy would have hopped right to it if Trump would have demanded it. Zero doubt.

Absolutely, but the Senate? Over their collective dead bodies i would imagine. Paul would have an aneurysm and a good number of other Republicans will say it's too much. Considering all the other nonsense in the bill, $2k isn't all that much to ask.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom