All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I’m sorry they’re delaying you guys, GA. Let us know when you get your shot.

Yeah. Damn Christmas holiday. :hihi:

I plan on recording my injection and uploading it to Facebook. As a black man, I want my family (currently fussing with my daughter because she doesn't want it) and friends of color to know there are no issues with receiving it.

That can work. There were just three in the lab who wanted to go on the first day, as far as I know. But now they are coming around and scheduling their shots. They know they should get the vaccine, I guess they just wanted to not be first, lol.

FB_IMG_1608599124849.jpg

meanwhile in TX (essential workers seem to be taking a back seat)

I saw an infectious disease doc explaining somewhere that at certain levels of infection you could make a case for going in this order. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t remember the reasoning he gave but it seemed to make sense at the time.

Found a breakdown on allotments
    They left out the $500,000,000 for Israel
    $4,000,000,000 for Naval weapons
    $2,000,000,000 for Air Force missles
    Tax breaks if you own a race horse

I saw an infectious disease doc explaining somewhere that at certain levels of infection you could make a case for going in this order. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t remember the reasoning he gave but it seemed to make sense at the time.

elderly I'm assuming are at greater risk of dying vs younger people. But this is Texas, where in back in May

And you wonder why they can't get shirt done. That is ridiculous, none of that pork has anything to do with COVID relief and yet, they birch about giving ordinary citizens a stipend! They all can go drink weed killer!

And you wonder why they can't get shirt done. That is ridiculous, none of that pork has anything to do with COVID relief and yet, they birch about giving ordinary citizens a stipend! They all can go drink weed killer!
    Is that military spending part of the $900,000,000,000 COVID relief or part of the spending to avoid a government shutdown? Or are they all one big bill? I've been confused about this since the beginning. I guess I should read the link, huh?

OK...so I read the NPR link and didn't see the military spending in there. I didn't do the math to see how much they listed as COVID relief either.

They talk about the bill in language that leads me to believe that it includes spending for more than just COVID relief, like this:

The pandemic relief was passed as part of a bill to fund the federal government through the end of the current fiscal year on Sept. 30, 2021.

So that sounds like it wasn't just supposed to be just COVID relief in the first place, which ultimately is fine by me. I just hope they know what they're doing by ramming this inadequate COVID relief through and getting a real RELIEF package once Biden is in office. Even our neighbors to the north are paying monthly "stimulus" to citizens while we've only gotten like $4.00 a day since the beginning of the pandemic. I'd appreciate a retroactive relief/stimulus package that helps everyone. This $600 is a joke.

OK...so I read the NPR link and didn't see the military spending in there. I didn't do the math to see how much they listed as COVID relief either.

They talk about the bill in language that leads me to believe that it includes spending for more than just COVID relief, like this:

So that sounds like it wasn't just supposed to be just COVID relief in the first place, which ultimately is fine by me. I just hope they know what they're doing by ramming this inadequate COVID relief through and getting a real RELIEF package once Biden is in office. Even our neighbors to the north are paying monthly "stimulus" to citizens while we've only gotten like $4.00 a day since the beginning of the pandemic. I'd appreciate a retroactive relief/stimulus package that helps everyone. This $600 is a joke.

When I first read that NPR article I was surprised it wasn't loaded with pork.
    Then this morning I read it was FIVE thousand pages and they were not given any time to actually read through the thing before voting on it.
    Theres all kinds of non-covid-related items in there, which is disappointing

Is anyone surprised that Trump is trying to take credit for basically saving the world? He should be indicted for his role in intentionally infecting as many people as possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom