All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Well, yes, but also Abrahamic faith ideology. All three regard homosexuality in the same manner. That in many instances different sects choose to ignore the admonitions does not mean that the admonitions are not there.

Men wrote these “laws” and used the cover of deity to justify their actions.
    we've all seen this picture before, but these are the types who say the quiet part out loud.. most people in that room feels the same way..

1707224884821.png

LITTLETON, N.H. (AP) — The quaint town of Littleton, New Hampshire, is seeing more tourists, drawn to a main street of shops and restaurants where rainbow colors and gay pride symbols can be seen alongside American flags. Its population of 6,000 is growing younger and more diverse, supporting LGBTQ-themed art and a local theater’s gay-themed musical.

The culture change doesn’t sit well with town selectboard member Carrie Gendreau, who also serves as a Republican state senator. Last year, she said that “homosexuality is an abomination” and spoke of regulating art on public property, prompting a backlash and now the resignation of the town manager, whose late son was gay.

“My son is not an abomination,” Jim Gleason told the selectboard in January, to a standing ovation, when he announced his last day was Friday. He accused Gendreau of creating a toxic work environment by repeatedly making derogatory comments about gay people. Friday also was Gendreau's deadline to file for reelection to the board, but she didn't, so her three-year term ends in March.

A former mill town in the White Mountains, Littleton reversed a long decline in part through art. Tourists come now for antiques, galleries, boutiques and “the world's longest candy counter." They also look at the bronze statue of Pollyanna, erected outside the public library to honor the 1913 book by local author Eleanor H. Porter, whose main character came to define relentless optimism.

Pollyanna’s motto “Be Glad!” — which hangs from banners up and down Main Street — has been tested as townspeople found themselves debating over inclusion, tolerance and equality.

The controversy began in August, after three small murals funded by a diversity, equity and inclusion grant appeared on the side of a building that houses a restaurant and clothing store. Covering boarded-up windows, the murals show a white iris against a color wheel, two birch trees bending under a night sky, and a dandelion reaching skyward from an open book.

“What went up was not good,” said Gendreau, urging the selectboard's audience to research what such symbols really mean. “I don’t want that to be in our town. I don’t want it to be here.”

The board then sought an attorney’s advice on what they could do to regulate artistic expression on town property and Gendreau gave several interviews, telling The Boston Globe that the iris painting carried “demonic hidden messages.”

The artist, Meg Reinhold, said her “We Are Joy” painting was inspired by Iris, the Greek goddess of rainbows. She told The Associated Press in an email that she hoped to “evoke feelings of joy and empowerment,” add beauty to Littleton, and celebrate people living with pride in the LGBTQ+ community..............

1707230924680.png

Nah, no riots when the SCOTUS incorrectly intervened in 2000. No riots when Trump was elected in 2016. Yet there was a Reich Wing riot in 2021 to overturn an election. Funny how that works that way.
    What about 2020?

That’s an opinion piece. You may not realize it because the media you consume is entirely one sided, but actual journalism allows for all sorts of opinions to be posted. It’s one person’s opinion.

Funny thing is - nobody on the side of transgender rights wants to force anyone to transition. While the right wing DOES want to control what other people can and cannot do with their own bodies.

Your side is against freedom. In almost all cases.
    You think I am a regular consumer of the NYT? LOL. It guess it might be a bit better than MSNBC but not by much.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/former-de...transgender-movement-backed/story?id=92597182

Funny how quickly your side attacked a detransitioner that no longer believed what is being told after living through it. But yeah, 'my side' is in the wrong here.

What is that saying your communists like to use, the one about being on the wrong side of history? Yeah, once the trial lawyers start suing the hospitals and scientists for hire, and the facts come out there will be big change. Besides a lot of kids not being able to have children, but that is probably a good thing.

That's the lamest form of "I'm rubber, you're glue" I've ever heard. Your failure is so rank, the reek makes it all the way here to Los Angeles from over there in Mobile.

What's the number of people of who are heterosexual and cis that have been violently attacked or killed just for being heterosexual and cis?

Name the time that your so called "leftists" attacked the Capitol to stop the certification of an election?

You've gone completely off the deep end.
    Wow, you are Los Angles? You must be so smart! (is that how you think people react when you tell them you live a shole or is it the comparison of Mobile?) Either way, it is comical.

The word you are looking for is normal. How many normal people are killed for being normal? Take the remainder of murders not from the LGTBSKDWO+- group and that would be your answer.

How many trans people were killed last year from being trans, or any year for that matter since obviously by your questions, context does not matter, only victimhood hierarchy your entire world view is formed by.

Do you awake in the middle of the night in a cold sweat due to 1.6? I bet you do actually! LOL. It was, after all, greater than 9/11, rigth? I bet you believe that too. Talk about the deep end.

It is OK, though, I have nightmare too about the crazy the lesbian ladies trying to breach the SCOTUS during the dark days of democracy due to the Kavanaugh hearing!

Funny how quickly your side attacked a detransitioner that no longer believed what is being told after living through it. But yeah, 'my side' is in the wrong here.
    You're mischaracterizing what the person actually said.

But let's take your characterization and logic to see where that leads us.

689,308 people got divorced in 2023. A sizeable percentage of those people think marriage is a sham and a lie and no one should ever get married.

Do you think that justifies making it illegal for anyone to get married?

I know your response is going to be they aren't the same, no one gets physically harmed by the choice to get married. You sure about that?

523 people were killed by their spouse and over 9,000 murders are unsolved, so yeah marriage is very much leads to people suffering the worst of physical harms which is being murdered.

I ask again, should we ban all people from getting married, because some people regret getting married and marriages leads to some people suffering irreversible physical harm?

Wow, you are Los Angles? You must be so smart! (is that how you think people react when you tell them you live a shole or is it the comparison of Mobile?) Either way, it is comical.

The word you are looking for is normal. How many normal people are killed for being normal? Take the remainder of murders not from the LGTBSKDWO+- group and that would be your answer.

How many trans people were killed last year from being trans, or any year for that matter since obviously by your questions, context does not matter, only victimhood hierarchy your entire world view is formed by.

Do you awake in the middle of the night in a cold sweat due to 1.6? I bet you do actually! LOL. It was, after all, greater than 9/11, rigth? I bet you believe that too. Talk about the deep end.

It is OK, though, I have nightmare too about the crazy the lesbian ladies trying to breach the SCOTUS during the dark days of democracy due to the Kavanaugh hearing!

Are you saying that anything other than straight and cisgender is abnormal?

Wow, you are Los Angles?
    I'm in Los Angeles, if that's what you mean. I'm not Los Angeles, though. I mean I've gained some weight, but not Los Angeles level of weight.

You must be so smart! (is that how you think people react when you tell them you live a shole...
    I'm smart enough and respectful enough to know not to think of any place people live as a shole.

I'm also smart enough to see the softball you left hanging than for me to say, "I'm smart enough to know that you are another type of shole." But unlike you, that's not how I roll.

...or is it the comparison of Mobile?) Either way, it is comical.
    What's comical is right after challenging my "smartness" you demonstrate that you aren't "smart" enough to understand that my reference was to the distance between Los Angeles and Mobile. I didn't compare Los Angeles and Mobile in any way or make any judgements of either.

Let me help you understand what I actually said, since it went over your head the first time. What I was saying is that I can smell the BS you're shoveling over there in Mobile all the way from here in Los Angeles, because the BS you're shoveling smells that bad.

Hope you were able to understand it this time.

The word you are looking for is normal.
    Nah, man. The word you refuse to acknowledge human being. We are all human beings and there's no such thing as a normal human being, because we're all so different.

The fact you see some human beings as "normal" mean you see others as "abnormal" and the only thing your view on that shows is what an intolerant human being you are.

How many normal people are killed for being normal?
    None, the answer you're desperately trying to avoid admitting is none.

Take the remainder of murders not from the LGTBSKDWO+- group and that would be your answer.
    I would have to know what the letters LGTBSKDWO+- stand for. So what does each letter stand for?

How many trans people were killed last year from being trans...
    One, for starters:

Now, it's your turn again. Show one example of someone who was heterosexual and cis being killed just for being heterosexual and cis.

...only victimhood hierarchy your entire world view is formed by.
    Says the guy who feels victimized by being asked to treat all humans with equal respect, dignity, tolerance and rights.

Do you awake in the middle of the night in a cold sweat due to 1.6?
    I've never woken up in a cold sweat over anything, as irrelevant as that is to the topic of discussion.

I bet you do actually! LOL.
    What kind of person gets their jollies from fantasizing about people waking up in a the highly anxious state of a cold sweat. That's some next level depravity right there.

It was, after all, greater than 9/11, rigth? I bet you believe that too.
    Strawman, Will Robinson, strawman.

No one has ever claimed that the insurrection at the Capitol on 01/06/2021 was greater than the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on 09/11/2001.

That would be as silly as saying attempted coups are greater than mass shootings. I mean they're both bad, but one is an attempt to usurp the government and the other is an attempt to kill as many people as possible.

Talk about the deep end.
    You're clinging to the lame "I'm rubber, your glue" strategy, I see.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with thousands of lesbian ladies building hanging gallows at the Capitol, overwhelming Capitol police with melee combat, and breaking windows and doors to get into the Capitol building to hunt for the Senators holding the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings, forcing the Senators to either flee or barricade themselves within the chamber.

Would you please post a link to the coverage of that event? I'd really like to read up on what exactly happened that day, because that's definitely a terribly inexcusable thing to do and all of those lesbian ladies should go to prison for doing that.

Last edited:
    But, but what about that one person who transitioned then regretted it?
    ========================

The largest survey of transgender Americans ever conducted has found trans people continue to suffer discrimination, harassment and even violence at work, in medicine and at school – but that people who transition have much higher satisfaction in life, and many have supportive families.

This is the first report to document transgender experiences en masse in eight years, and comes amid sustained political attacks on trans rights from conservatives.

“There’s still a drought of information available to lawmakers, the media and advocates regarding our experiences and our needs,” Rodrigo Heng-Lehtinen, executive director of the National Coalition for Transgender Equality (NCTE), said, according to NBC News.

“At best, we’re working in a vacuum of information. At worst, we’re combating dangerous misinformation being spread by anti-trans extremists,” he continued. “Without question, the misinformation and lack of understanding is underpinning these escalating legislative attacks against our community.”

The report, called the 2022 US Trans Survey, presents an early look at findings from a survey of more than 92,000 people who identify as binary or nonbinary transgender adults. It is the first such report since the NCTE produced a survey of more than 28,000 individuals in 2015. Individuals were asked a variety of more than 600 possible questions. No respondent received all questions.

Importantly, the transgender survey is large but is not random. Although surveyors weighted the responses to try to account for biases, people who took the survey might still be unrepresentative of transgender people living in the US as a whole.

The report found that 94% of transgender individuals who live at least part of the time in a gender different from the one they were assigned at birth – in other words, who “transitioned” – were either “a lot” (79%) or “a little more satisfied” (15%) with their lives. Nearly 98% of respondents were receiving some kind of hormone replacement therapy, which made them “a lot” (84%) or “a little” (14%) more satisfied with their lives.

“Obtaining hormone therapy through the informed consent model and having access to surgery has definitely changed my life for the better,” one survey respondent, named Taylor, said. “It certainly didn’t fix all of my problems instantly, but it fixed a lot of problems that my dysphoria caused. Now that I’ve been on HRT and had surgery, I can live my day-to-day life without pain, dissociation, and misery.”

Conversely, the sustained political attacks on transgender individuals, almost entirely from the right wing, made about half of trans respondents (47%) consider moving location. At least 10 states force trans individuals to use public bathroomsthat correspond to their gender assigned at birth in at least some situations, as opposed to a choice aligned with the gender they identify as; 22 states ban gender-affirming care for transgender youth; 24 ban transgender youth sports participation.……

Last edited:
    On Tuesday afternoon, the Iowa house education committee met to debate House Study Bill 649, a bill proposed by the Republican governor, Kim Reynolds. The bill, as drafted, would end legal recognition for transgender people anywhere “male” and “female” appear in Iowa code and would require special gender markers for transgender people on birth certificates, measures that were compared to “pink triangles” once used to identify LGBTQ+ people by Nazis in the 1940s. Perhaps the most ambitious attempt to discriminate against transgender people in the proposed legislation, however, is through redefining the word “equal” in the bill.

The bill states that when it comes to transgender people, “The term ‘equal’ does not mean ‘same’ or ‘identical’,” which raises the question: what does “equal” even mean? The bill does not define the word, only declares that “equal” no longer means “same” or “identical” within the state of Iowa for transgender people. When the sponsor was asked directly what the word “equal” means in this bill, the representative Heather Hora answered: “Equal would mean … um … I would assume that equal would mean … I don’t know exactly in this context.”

If the bill’s own sponsor cannot define the word “equal” due to eliminating the word’s actual definition, how can she claim to have created the perfect definition for “man” or “woman” in Iowa law? In attempting to write transgender people out of all legal protections in Iowa through definitions, the state legislature seems poised to undermine the very concept of equality itself. That should be enough to shake all Iowans, regardless of their political stance on transgender issues.............

1707408654265.png

Last edited:
    It’s all fun and games until a child you love is singled out and targeted. Imagine being this girl, at a very vulnerable age for young women. This is just inhumane. The woman who did this is a horrible person.

It’s all fun and games until a child you love is singled out and targeted. Imagine being this girl, at a very vulnerable age for young women. This is just inhumane. The woman who did this is a horrible person.

hopefully she was doxxed so she can know how it feels to be harassed and threatened.

This is why Libs of TikTok is a garbage account run by a garbage person, and Musk is just as much a Peice of work as she is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom