All Things LGBTQ+ (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Another one of those Grooming Trans and Drag Queens... Oh wait, she was a Social Worker....

Social Worker Accused of Sex With 13-Year-Old Shows Up at His Home With Gun, Says They ‘Ruined Her Life’​

yton Shires, from Mount Sterling, Ohio, was charged with unlawful sexual conduct with a minor earlier this month. She was accused of having sex with the preteen she was counseling.
    Shires was also charged with two counts of felony intimidation on Saturday after she allegedly showed up at the boy's home with a gun
    The minor's mother discovered text messages between Shires and her son on Sept. 27. Shires allegedly asked the boy if he had “deleted the videos” and if his mom had seen the videos or messages.
    Detectives found a video of Shires and the minor having sex on the boy's phone. Shires later admitted to having sex with the minor on a call with a detective and the child’s mother.

Guess this goes. Damn shame that they thought taking their own life is the answer and fork all of you who make them feel that way.

I guess before i judge this, i would like to know if he was one of those who spewed hate towards the Trans community while he was living the alternate lifesyle.

I guess before i judge this, i would like to know if he was one of those who spewed hate towards the Trans community while he was living the alternate lifesyle.
    Article I read said that he wasn’t

Edit

1819 News wrote that Mr Copeland asked them not to out him, but they did so anyway. The Daily Beast notes that the mayor did not appear to have taken anti-LGBT+ stances.

Last edited:
    Didn’t look like he was but I don’t think it matter though. Would’ve been sucked if he had to put up a front while living another secret life because I knew he would be vilified.

There’s no way he wouldn’t have been vilified, you’re right about that

But @Bigdaddysaints is also right

If this guy was super far right, crucifying the LGBTQ community, screaming about groomers, passing and supporting every “don’t say gay” law he could while at the same time a member of the community himself I’m a lot less sympathetic

Democrat Danica Roem has defeated Republican Bill Woolf in Virginia's Senate District 30 race. Roem makes history as Virginia's first openly transgender state senator

In the United States, the national conference of Catholic bishops rejects the concept of gender transition, leaving many transgender Catholics feeling excluded.

On Wednesday, the Vatican made public a sharply contrasting statement, saying it’s permissible, under certain circumstances, for trans Catholics to be baptized and serve as godparents.

“It is a major step for trans inclusion … it is big and good news,” said Francis DeBernardo, executive director of Maryland-based New Ways Ministry, which advocates for greater LGBTQ acceptance in the church.

The document was signed Oct. 21 by Pope Francis and Cardinal Víctor Manuel Fernández, who heads the Vatican’s Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith. It was posted Wednesday on that office’s website.

If it did not cause scandal or “disorientation” among other Catholics, a transgender person “may receive baptism under the same conditions as other faithful,” the document said.……

Same-sex couples recognized under law for bereaved families​

Defense Ministry confirms same-sex partners of IDF soldiers killed in war eligible for same benefits as other families​

By Shira Silkoff23 October 2023, 10:43 pm
    Same-sex couples will be formally recognized by Israel’s Defense Ministry under the laws pertaining to families of fallen IDF soldiers, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant confirmed on Monday afternoon.

Gallant’s confirmation that the benefits available to families of fallen soldiers would also apply to same-sex partners of soldiers killed during the ongoing Operation Swords of Iron comes after Knesset Speaker Amir Ohana requested last Thursday that the matter be clarified.

“At this difficult time, when IDF soldiers and security forces are preparing for a long and difficult war to eradicate Israel’s enemies, LGBT people are also among them,” wrote Ohana, who is openly gay.

“Some of them contacted me on this matter, with significant concern that they would be discriminated against. I think that there is great importance in repeating the obvious — that there is no difference between blood and blood or between one family and another as far as the rights provided by law are concerned.”

Marlon Wayans has revealed in a recent interview that one of his children recently came out as transgender, and expressed his "unconditional love and acceptance"—as well as his intent to use the recent learning experience as material in his upcoming comedy special.

"I have a daughter that transitioned into a son," Wayans said during his appearance on The Breakfast Club this week. "My daughter Amai is now Kai, and so, I talk about the transition. Not her, his… their transition, but my transition as a parent, going from ignorance and denial to complete unconditional love and acceptance."

"I just want my kids to be free," he continued. "I want them to be free in spirit, free in thought, free to be themselves. The more you know yourself, the more you can govern yourself; the more you live your truth, the happier your existence. So, if they can’t get that in the household with their father and their mother, who the f*** do I send them out into the world with that kind of confidence? And I’m just so proud of them for being them. But that don’t mean that they ain’t got jokes!"

Wayans explained that the special, which will either be titled Skittles or Rainbow Child, will chronicle the times where he wasn't quite sure what the right thing to say or do was—he admitted to still struggling with "they" pronouns when referring to just one person"—but that ultimately he wants to "respect their wishes" and continue to try............

SMH

Texas High School Takes Away Transgender Student’s Leading Role in ‘Oklahoma!’​

SHERMAN, Texas (AP) — A Texas school district has apologized and reversed a decision that ousted a transgender student from a part in the musical “Oklahoma!”

The school board in Sherman voted unanimously Monday to reinstate the original show and cast after a meeting in which dozens criticized them and spoke in support the 17-year-old transgender boy who’d lost his role in the production because of a new policy.

“We want to apologize to our students, parents and our community regarding the circumstances that they have had to go through to this date,” President Brad Morgan said in a statement on behalf of the board following the vote.

Sherman, a city of 45,000 about 65 miles (105 kilometers) north of Dallas and near the Oklahoma border, became the latest community embroiled in the national debate over the rights of transgender students this month over its production the the Rodgers and Hammerstein classic.

In early November, Max Hightower, a senior and theater enthusiast, was cast in a prominent part that included a solo. Hightower had been excitedly preparing for the role of a peddler but was devastated when the school’s principal told his family that, based on a new policy, he would lose the parts.

The school also removed girls from the male roles they’d been cast in, according to The Dallas Morning News.

Phillip Hightower, Max’s father, recalled the principal describing the policy as, “only males can play males, and only females can play females.”

The school later changed course again, saying it would not consider sex in casting but instead put on an abbreviated version of the show tailored for young audiences.

On Monday, speaker after speaker condemned the decisions to the school board — a consistent outpouring of support that Max Hightower called unexpected and empowering.

“This is something that feels so big and out of my hands,” he told WFAA-TV. “To know there is a big group out of people who want to help me, and help everyone affected, it feels like we’re on even sides now and can actually win this fight.”…..

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis high school senior Caston Peters had used they and them or he and him pronouns at school for three years without a problem, but they came home a few days into this school year and told their mother that the situation had changed.

Peters, 18 and nonbinary, heard from a teacher that a new state law meant they wouldn’t be able to use those pronouns, or the first name they've used for years, without explicit permission from a parent because the pronouns and name don't correspond with their sex assigned at birth.

This was news to Caston’s mother, Kim Michaelis-Peters, who immediately sent teachers, a counselor and the principal an email asking them to comply with Caston’s wishes, and the school staff did. But even though her own child's wishes are being respected, Michaelis-Peters said she has deep concerns about what Indiana’s law could mean for students whose parents might not be understanding if they learn from school officials that their child is transgender or nonbinary.

“It makes me feel like there’s going to be a child out there who’s not going to feel safe at home to tell their parents and the school’s going to rat them out for wanting to be called a different name or different pronouns,” she said.

Indiana is among at least 10 states that have enacted laws prohibiting or restricting students from using pronouns or names that don't match their sex assigned at birth, a restriction that opponents say further marginalizes transgender and nonbinary students. Most of the laws were enacted this year and are part of a historic wave of new restrictions on transgender youth approved by Republican states.

The measures are creating fear for transgender students and sowing confusion for teachers on how to comply but still offer a welcoming environment for everyone in their classes.

“The things that are passing are so vague and so hard to understand that (teachers) don't know what to do,” said Cheryl Greene, senior director of the Welcoming Schools Program for the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, which advocates for LGBTQ+ rights. “It just creates this ambiguity and fear with educators because it's not clear.”

Supporters of the laws have argued that parents should have a say if children are using pronouns or names different than those assigned at birth. Republican lawmakers describe it as a parental rights issue alongside efforts to restrict how gender identity is addressed in the classroom or in library materials.

“School districts can’t shut a parent out of their child’s decision about their gender identity because the child objects or because the school believes the parent isn’t supportive enough of an immediate gender transition,” according to a brief signed by nearly two dozen Republican attorneys general and filed in a lawsuit stemming from a California school district's policy.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom