A good exercise to start off with here... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

crosswatt

Reaction score

We've done this before on the political discussion board, but it's always fun to see where our scores fit relative to what our feelings about where we fall on the political spectrum are. So everyone feel free to take it and share your results.

The end result doesn't seem to be an in-depth, but:

1570469078845.png

I forgot it.

Sorry, I went to take that and the grammar in those choices was horrid. Stopped after the second question.

The choices were a bit funny.

On the evolution question, the choices were either treating creation myths as lies or accepting them as equal to science. You had only one choice that didn’t disparage evolution, IIRC, and four choices that treat the 7-day creation as either equal or better than evolution. It’ll be interesting to see where everyone lands.

I got Liberal, so no different than the first quiz. I wonder how many choices there are.

“You believe in democracy and find that freedom and rights are the most important component of a society. You believe that everyone is born equal and that there should be a strong constitution to ensure people are free to act as they please as long as they don't hurt each other. You hold a progressive attitude to most moral issues and believe that new and different cultures and lifestyles are good for society. You are in favor of science, technology, and globalization. To you, traditions and religion are not that important.
    There are liberal political parties in most democratic countries. Some examples include:
    America: Democratic Party
    European Union: ALDE (and their national members)
    Canada: Liberal Party
    Japan: Democratic Party”

The choices were a bit funny.

On the evolution question, the choices were either treating creation myths as lies or accepting them as equal to science. You had only one choice that didn’t disparage evolution, IIRC, and four choices that treat the 7-day creation as either equal or better than evolution. It’ll be interesting to see where everyone lands.

I got Liberal, so no different than the first quiz. I wonder how many choices there are.

“You believe in democracy and find that freedom and rights are the most important component of a society. You believe that everyone is born equal and that there should be a strong constitution to ensure people are free to act as they please as long as they don't hurt each other. You hold a progressive attitude to most moral issues and believe that new and different cultures and lifestyles are good for society. You are in favor of science, technology, and globalization. To you, traditions and religion are not that important.
    There are liberal political parties in most democratic countries. Some examples include:
    America: Democratic Party
    European Union: ALDE (and their national members)
    Canada: Liberal Party
    Japan: Democratic Party”

Yeah, a lot of these questions have bad choices all around:

How important is religion in society?

Religion is important and its teachings are true and therefore the state should protect and enforce it.
    Religion is important and its teachings are true but freedom of religion is also important.
    Religion is not absolute truth but has important things to teach and is valuable in society.
    Religious teachings are obviously untrue but they bring many benefits to society and so people should be free to believe in them.
    Religion is untrue and harmful and should be attacked by the state.
    If most people in a country are religious then the government should also be religious.

I choose none of these.

There seems to have been a surge of right/moderate/left talk recently for some reason, so I thought I'd bump the political compass thread, to see how people's positions have changed and to see if anyone who wasn't around when we first did this wants to give the test a go.

I'm in the same ballpark I was personally:

Looks like I moved more libertarian and left than when I last did this (pre trump era).

Edit how does one insert an image on a phone?

Here’s mine. Seems the same. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Added my old one below the new. Pretty close.

EC5097F6-3ACC-431A-8AE3-B62DF534A938.jpeg

28DB9D3F-27C7-426F-A5C2-60A5F85F1192.jpeg

I dont interpret libertarian literally. I view it more as individual freedom in the quiz s context. Many of the questions are keen on determining based on your core beliefs whether the government has certain rights to restrict individual freedom.

If I'm libertarian, I have much self reflection to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom