A good exercise to start off with here... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

crosswatt

Reaction score

We've done this before on the political discussion board, but it's always fun to see where our scores fit relative to what our feelings about where we fall on the political spectrum are. So everyone feel free to take it and share your results.

Screenshot_20190928-110016-01.jpeg

Interesting to me, I am essentially the same place I was last time I took this, but was right on the other side of the vertical black line. I wonder which of my position answers shifted me this time?

I need to declare my affiliation but wasn't asked to since I had pre-registered via Andrus back at the end of May. If any mod on this board knows how to help me with this, it'd be much appreciated.

I need to declare my affiliation but wasn't asked to since I had pre-registered via Andrus back at the end of May. If any mod on this board knows how to help me with this, it'd be much appreciated.
    It's in your Account Details:

1569698148191.png

It's in your Account Details:

1569698148191.png
    Thanks. I'd got it figured out with the help of a mod.

One question I have is: Why is it showing up under some people's details that they're "liberal" or whatever, but not mine? I don't want it showing up under my info, so I'm fine with it, but as I just replied to a post of yours on the other PDB, I think having it in your info is a BAD IDEA. One that'll create more division than anything else. Does it really need to be visible to the whole site just so you can post in the "liberal only" or "conservative only" forums?

Thanks. I'd got it figured out with the help of a mod.

One question I have is: Why is it showing up under some people's details that they're "liberal" or whatever, but not mine? I don't want it showing up under my info, so I'm fine with it, but as I just replied to a post of yours on the other PDB, I think having it in your info is a BAD IDEA. One that'll create more division than anything else. Does it really need to be visible to the whole site just so you can post in the "liberal only" or "conservative only" forums?
    If you haven't picked one, then I think it doesn't show up.

I'm sure the mods will consider the idea of having it visible everywhere on posts. It doesn't bother me, but I'm sure there are people who will just dismiss ideas because of that one label, unfortunately.

I'm sure the mods will consider the idea of having it visible everywhere on posts. It doesn't bother me, but I'm sure there are people who will just dismiss ideas because of that one label, unfortunately.
    I picked one in my account details (where it also says it's required) and nothing shows up under my avatar. Maybe you just can't see your own?

All of this is an exercise in compromise.

At this point, I think show the labels and let people's words speak for themselves. Maybe it will desensitize some to the walls they've built if they can see others as real people. We *know* we are all more than a label and the labels cannot accurately describe our positions, so just be yourself. (If you're not a jerk.) :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom