/* */

4th Republican Debate 12/06/23 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

zztop

Reaction score
    This is a topic for any thoughts and info pertaining to the republican debate:

What time is the debate, and who is moderating:

The two-hour debate will start at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday. It’s being moderated by NewsNation’s Elizabeth Vargas; Megyn Kelly, host of “The Megyn Kelly Show” on SiriusXM; and Eliana Johnson, editor-in-chief of The Washington Free Beacon.

How to watch the Republican debate:

NewsNation will livestream the debate on their website and broadcast it to television news channels, while Rumble will stream it natively

4 candidates qualified for the debate:

DeSantis
    Nikki
    Ramaswamy
    Christie

Last edited:
    Before they cut benefits they need to explore the limit on SS taxes.

Yup, it's written pretty much like the entire tax code....by the wealthy....for the wealthy....

Because contrary to the xenophobia, misinformation, and outright lies what we have is not a flood of illegals slipping into the country. What we have is a flood of migrants who declare asylum, are taken into custody, and given a court date. These people are coming in and intentionally being “caught” to declare asylum, which makes them legal. That's not a weakness terrorists can exploit.

The border isn't wide open. That's nonsense. I think our asylum laws are screwed up and being abused, but it's not what the fearmongerers are telling you.

Oh just stop or Steve will ramble on about how everything including inflation and gas prices are all Biden's fault!!!!!
    I'll say this a million time, people that vote for Republicans are the real problem in this country and the reason we continue to backslide. Those jackholes on that stage are just their projections. Perfectly exemplified by the cheering from the crowd.

Spot on, there will be another Trump type because they are way too many gullible, ignorant, racists idiots out there, this "debate" stage as you allude is undeniable evidence of that.....

Because contrary to the xenophobia, misinformation, and outright lies what we have is not a flood of illegals slipping into the country. What we have is a flood of migrants who declare asylum, are taken into custody, and given a court date. These people are coming in and intentionally being “caught” to declare asylum, which makes them legal. That's not a weakness terrorists can exploit.

The border isn't wide open. That's nonsense. I think our asylum laws are screwed up and being abused, but it's not what the fearmongerers are telling you.
    The border isn't wide open?

Nikki Haley is doing well thus far.
    Anyone agree?
    I don't watch debates and I don't think they really tell us much. Sometimes we get some revealing moments. I don't trust Vivek although some things he says I agree with. He hit the nail on the head on this one about Haley.

They are doing exactly what I said, requesting asylum.

The problem is our asylum laws.

Even if they are seeking asylum, the border is still wide open. How would you describe the border in those videos I posted with them easily walking or swimming across the border.

I agree the asylum laws are broken and manipulated by some people that don't have legitimate asylum claims.

I did like this clip from Vivek at the end of this video where he calls the media out for pushing the Russia collusion hoax and asks the moderator if it was real or if it was Hillary made up misinformation.

Even if they are seeking asylum, the border is still wide open. How would you describe the border in those videos I posted with them easily walking or swimming across the border.

I agree the asylum laws are broken and manipulated by some people that don't have legitimate asylum claims.

Fair question.

To me, if you're lining up and coming across orderly to surrender yourself that's not an open border. I'd categorize an open border as simply crossing and going about your business. In many ways, this prevents my view of an open border. If we didn't have places for them to cross and surrender they'd come in all over the place and we'd be able to take a much smaller percentage into custody.

As this relates to my original post, terrorist can't exploit this because their countries aren't allowed asylum. So if you come through Eagle Pass, when you are taken into custody and processed, they aren't letting you though unless you can fake a really good Central American accent. My initial response was all about open borders making us vulnerable to terrorists and this doesn't do that.

Ideally, we should make some major adjustments to asylum laws. I'm not going to clutter this post with all the changes, but the system is useless at this point and being exploited as the videos you posted clearly show. That was never the intention.

Last edited:
    Fair question.

To me, if you're lining up and coming across orderly to surrender yourself that's not an open border. I'd categorize an open border as simply crossing and going about your business. In many ways, this prevents my view of an open border. If we didn't have places for them to cross and surrender they'd come in all over the place and we'd be able to take a much smaller percentage into custody.

As this relates to my original post, terrorist can't exploit this because their countries aren't allowed asylum. So if you come through Eagle Pass, when you are taken into custody and processed, they aren't letting you though unless you can fake a really good Central American accent. My initial response was all about open borders m, making us vulnerable to terrorists and this doesn't do that.

Ideally, we should make some major adjustments to asylum laws. I'm not going to clutter this post with all the changes, but the system is useless at this point and being exploited as the videos you posted clearly show. That was never the intention.
    This is a good explanation, and I’d like to add that the President cannot really fix the system, not by himself. Congress has to fix it, and they will not. My personal opinion is that Rs don’t really want to fix it, because then they lose a talking point they use to beat up democrats. Trump had both the House and the Senate for 2 years, and didn’t even address the asylum system.

This is a good explanation, and I’d like to add that the President cannot really fix the system, not by himself. Congress has to fix it, and they will not. My personal opinion is that Rs don’t really want to fix it, because then they lose a talking point they use to beat up democrats. Trump had both the House and the Senate for 2 years, and didn’t even address the asylum system.
    Rs do not want to fix it because they know if they actually did, they would be in deep trouble because inflation would skyrocket on meats, fruits and vegetables to the point where it would cause panic and make inflation right now look like childs play. Big business and big farms want these people working for nothing and the Rs know that.
    Same with building homes. If there were no more illegals here, all that stuff would drascically cost more when you have to pay someone a full salary to do that.
    Its about the only thing Rs are smart about, "pretending" to want to stop illegal immigrants.
    Even Saintforlife couldn't argue that point for the Rs...

I'm sure most Rs DO indeed want to fix it.
    Even the Democratic mayor of NYC wants to fix it.

Rs do not want to fix it because they know if they actually did, they would be in deep trouble because inflation would skyrocket on meats, fruits and vegetables to the point where it would cause panic and make inflation right now look like childs play. Big business and big farms want these people working for nothing and the Rs know that.
    Same with building homes. If there were no more illegals here, all that stuff would drascically cost more when you have to pay someone a full salary to do that.
    Its about the only thing Rs are smart about, "pretending" to want to stop illegal immigrants.
    Even Saintforlife couldn't argue that point for the Rs...
    Most republicans don't want it fixed because of the cheap labor. Most democrats don't want it fixed because they want their eventual votes whenever they can get amnesty passed.

Fair question.

As this relates to my original post, terrorist can't exploit this because their countries aren't allowed asylum. So if you come through Eagle Pass, when you are taken into custody and processed, they aren't letting you though unless you can fake a really good Central American accent. My initial response was all about open borders making us vulnerable to terrorists and this doesn't do that.

I disagree. If people are able to casually cross the border in big numbers with no resistance, then the border is wide open IMO. There are plenty that don't surrender.

“Since January 2021, when President Biden took office, there have been more than 1.7 million known gotaways – individuals the Border Patrol saw but was unable to apprehend.

“And we can only imagine the number of unknown gotaways who have sneaked into the country.
    In regard to terrorists:

There needs to be major changes to the immigration system and asylum laws, but that's a no go for me and many others until the border is more secured. A wall(yes I know it doesn't stop everyone but it at least slows them down) combinedwith cameras, sensors, drones, Border Patrol agents and whatever else should all be used in concert to better secure the border. I understand it will never be fully secure where you stop everyone.

A wall(yes I know it doesn't stop everyone but it at least slows them down) combined with cameras, sensors, drones, Border Patrol agents and whatever else should all be used in concert to better secure the border.

Border Patrol already literally has all of that and does all of that. The only thing they don't have is a wall across they whole border, but they have one at Eagle Pass (below). No amount of border security is going to solve a problem that is unmanageable because of the number of people who are coming across, the backlog in dealing with immigration through the courts and our antiquated immigration policy.

1699567138597.png

Border Patrol already literally has all of that and does all of that. The only thing they don't have is a wall across they whole border, but they have one at Eagle Pass (below). No amount of border security is going to solve a problem that is unmanageable because of the number of people who are coming across, the backlog in dealing with immigration through the courts and our antiquated immigration policy.

1699567138597.png
    So there is absolutely nothing that could be done to better secure the border? I don't agree. I didn't say it would solve the problem. I said the border needs to be better secured before anyone on the right will consider changing the immigration laws.

I'm sure most Rs DO indeed want to fix it.
    Even the Democratic mayor of NYC wants to fix it.
    No, Steve. Rs controlled the Presidency, the House and the Senate for 2 years not that long ago and then they controlled the Presidency and the Senate for 2 more years. They wouldn’t even address it.

And no, a wall isn’t an answer. There are areas where there are devastating effects on wildlife and where the wall has to have gates to open in times of flooding. It would cost way, way too much. The entire system could be fixed to address the issue, there just isn’t any political will do to it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom