2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

I would read a synopsis if you care to write one.
    I was curious to see how what Gov. DeSantis said in front one of our country's largest Evangelical Universities....well...would it differ from his other speaking engagements? :unsure:
    He started off by reflecting back on when his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and he praised those who prayed and gave thanks to God for answering those prayers.
    He also referenced the unborn child as a creation of God.
    Yet, once having said those things, the next 85% of the speech was typical boasting about Florida is #1 in incoming migration, #1 tourist destination, etc. etc.
    He closed like some have in the past, mentioning Benjamin Franklin answering a woman's inquiry that they've been given a REPUBLIC and it is up to the people to keep it.
    "God Bless Everybody" was his last three words.
    I've seen some nationally known speakers share their PERSONAL FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ when speaking at this University's twice weekly gathering. Gov. DeSantis did not do that. I don't know if that is because #1 It is not something he was comfortable with #2 He thought it would be brought up in a future general election and he thought it might not be completely helpful...or #3 He is not a born again Christian.
    I don't know.
    So anyway, that's why I watched the Youtube video of his appearance this morning.

Last edited:
    I was curious to see how what Gov. DeSantis said in front one of our country's largest Evangelical Universities....well...would it differ from his other speaking engagements? :unsure:
    He started off by reflecting back on when his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and he praised those who prayed and gave thanks to God for answering those prayers.
    He also referenced the unborn child as a creation of God.
    Yet, once having said those things, the next 85% of the speech was typical boasting about Florida is #1 in incoming migration, #1 tourist destination, etc. etc.
    He closed like some have in the past, mentioning Benjamin Franklin answering a woman's inquiry that they've been given a REPUBLIC and it is up to the people to keep it.
    "God Bless Everybody" was his last three words.
    I've seen some nationally known speakers share their PERSONAL FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ when speaking at this University's twice weekly gathering. Gov. DeSantis did not do that. I don't know if that is because #1 It is not something he was comfortable with #2 He thought it would be brought up in a future general election and he thought it might not be completely helpful...or #3 He is not a born again Christian.
    I don't know.
    So anyway, that's why I watched the Youtube video of his appearance this morning.
    His actions speaks louder than his word, and his words are loud. I'm certain that I am not the intended audience for his rosy University speech.

I've seen some nationally known speakers share their PERSONAL FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ when speaking at this University's twice weekly gathering. Gov. DeSantis did not do that.

I'm pretty sure DeSantis shared his personal faith when he said that "God answered prayers" (I guess DeSantis' wife is special) and referenced the unborn child as a creation of God.

They're insane
    (this is a 24 minute video on predictions evangelicals gave before the election)

So you have to ask yourself are they just like Fox News? Do they know that there spreading BS but keep it going for profit? Is it any accident that 3 BSers, Trump, Fox News, and the evangelicals are working together? Of course not. They're all allergic to the truth.

So you have to ask yourself are they just like Fox News? Do they know that there spreading BS but keep it going for profit? Is it any accident that 3 BSers, Trump, Fox News, and the evangelicals are working together? Of course not. They're all allergic to the truth.
    Nah, they're just radical Christian extremists much like radical Muslim extremists.

This guy is just a terrible joke

1681521710972.png

popular political souvenir in Florida currently is a range of merchandise touting the services of a nonexistent travel company named DeSantis Airlines.

T-shirts, drinks glasses and car decals alike bear the motto “Bringing the border to you”, a mocking commemoration of the time last year when Ron DeSantis, the state’s Republican governor, baited a load of mostly Venezuelan asylum seekers on to two chartered planes in Texas with false promises of jobs and housing in Boston, then promptly dumped them in Martha’s Vineyard.

The stunt, paid for by Florida taxpayers, was branded cruel and heartless by analysts, political opponents and immigration advocates, and lauded by DeSantis’s supporters as another successful “owning” of liberals.

But beyond the politically charged rhetoric, the episode was further proof that immigration, and the demonizing of immigrants, are top priorities for DeSantis while he prepares his likely run at the Republican 2024 presidential nomination.

That might seem a curiosity, given that his state is so reliant on immigrant labor, and that almost 3 million workers, comprising more than a quarter of Florida’s entire workforce, were born overseas, according to the American Immigration Council. They fill jobs vital to Florida’s key dollar-generating industries including agriculture, construction, tourism and transportation.

Yet to observers of DeSantis’s “anti-woke” world, where liberalism is the enemy, and hard-right ideology eclipses all else, it comes as little surprise.

“It’s a page out of Donald Trump’s playbook, a play to elevate his national profile by using this issue to mobilize the base and get his soundbites on Fox News,” said Vanessa Cárdenas, executive director of the immigrant advocacy organization America’s Voice.

“He is using immigration as a tool to create anger, a very motivating emotion, and elevate his national profile. It’s about amplifying the narratives of chaos, of fear and, really, hate, which is damaging not just to the politics of our country, but also to the policy advancement of the issue.”

Advocates in Florida are angered by the governor’s progressively hardline stance in a catalog of legislative measures that might not have drawn the same headline publicity as the Massachusetts flights, yet signal the priorities and policies he would probably pursue from the White House……

Was there some sort of outcry in FL to execute more people? What type of person does this?

It goes hand in hand with the other legislation.

They made dressing in drag a "crime against children.

Then they made "crimes against children" punishable by death.

Then they made the 8-4 rule.

I can't wait for all of the priests, pastors, ministers, Sunday school teachers etc. who will find themselves on the wrong end of this.

Ron DeSantis has unveiled the latest act of retaliation against Disney for speaking out against his “don’t say gay” law: he’s threatening to build a new state prison next to the company’s central Florida theme parks.

The Republican governor dropped the suggestion at a hastily convened Monday lunchtime press conference, at which he laid out steps the state legislature would take to try to regain control over Florida’s largest private employer……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom