2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Curious as to what the result of that would be. Sure, DeSantis is basically a mini-Trump but you have to wonder if some hardcore Trumpanzees will refuse to vote for DeSantis if he dare slander their messiah.
    Respectfully disagree that DeSantis is a mini-Trump.

That has got to be a top five pathetic tweet of all time.

I need to find the video of DeSantis and Trump with their mannerisms compared. It’s hard to believe that DeSantis isn’t purposefully mimicking Trump. It was amazing. If I come across it I will post it.

Easier to find than I thought.

Tonally and in rhetoric. He basically made his fame mimicking Trump. He trades in the low hanging fruit of anti-wokeness. Maybe he will change on the national stage.
    For ME....Trump is annoying and DeSantis is not.
    Trump said some crude things about women and was cheating on his wife / wives in the past.
    I am not AWARE of DeSantis being guilty of either of those. Are you?
    Trump always finds a mean and insulting nickname for everyone who stand(s) in his way.
    DeSantis does not.
    I've lost track of Trump's "rhetoric" because I refuse to watch any video clips of him or watch any live speeches. I just wish he would go away.
    It would be great if you could give DeSantis a chance rather than just assume the worst.
    ............and on a lighter note....he's a fairly decent sized man. Not mini ;)....not mini mouse...not mini Trump....NOT mini :sneaky:

Last edited:
    For ME....Trump is annoying and DeSantis is not.
    Trump said some crude things about women and was cheating on his wife / wives in the past.
    I am not AWARE of DeSantis being guilty of either of those. Are you?
    Trump always finds a mean and insulting nickname for everyone who stand(s) in his way.
    DeSantis does not.
    I've lost track of Trump's "rhetoric" because I refuse to watch any video clips of him or watch any live speeches. I just wish he would go away.
    It would be great if you could give DeSantis a chance rather than just assume the worst.
    ............and on a lighter note....he's a fairly decent sized man. Not mini ;)....not mini mouse...not mini Trump....NOT mini :sneaky:
    Annoying is relative. I've seen enough of DeSantis to realize he steals Trump's culture war playbook. It's the demeanor. It's snide and condescending.

Here's DeSantis last night:

Ranting against wokeness and exaggerating the concept of 'freedom' as if Democrats want to lock everyone in little cells. It amazes people buy into that stuff. He does not have a uniting personality.

Here's Chris Sununu who won his third term as governor in a blue state... granted he's not giving a speech but it gives you a look at his demeanor:

Yeah, I'll take Sununu all day every day versus DeSantis' pandering to the right.

Or let's dial it back to 2016 an John Kasich who lost to a jack-hole like Trump:

^ That's leadership. That's presidential. DeSantis doesn't even attempt to project that image because he doesn't care.

Last edited:
    Annoying is relative. I've seen enough of DeSantis to realize he steals Trump's culture war playbook. It's the demeanor. It's snide and condescending.

Here's DeSantis last night:

Ranting against wokeness and exaggerating the concept of 'freedom' as if Democrats want to lock everyone in little cells. It amazes people buy into that stuff. He does not have a uniting personality.

Here's Chris Sununu who won his third term as governor in a blue state... granted he's not giving a speech but it gives you a look at his demeanor:

Yeah, I'll take Sununu all day every day versus DeSantis' pandering to the right.

Or let's dial it back to 2016 an John Kasich who lost to a jack-hole like Trump:

^ That's leadership. That's presidential. DeSantis doesn't even attempt to project that image because he doesn't care.

I fully understand what you just shared. Thank you.

When Trump is indicted the first time Disantis is going to turn on him and call him a loser and criminal and insist he answer for his crimes.

That strategy is already in place and only a matter of time.
    I think the problem with that for Desantis is that the MAGA crowd doesn't give a damn about the Republican party without Trump. There are enough MAGA-heads out there to make an impact in an election and if Trump decides to go scorched-earth and tell his supporters not to vote for Desantis, they won't vote for him even if it means hurting the Republican party. The MAGA-heads are stupid that way.

I think DeSantis will be the beneficiary of a general growing will to move on from Trump - it won't so much be his own personal triumph. Trump has been a losing proposition for some time now, it's obvious.

The question will be how much damage will be done during the breakup. The breakup has to happen and Trump isn't going to respond well to it.
    This. And the waste of resources for DeSantis and the rest of the party.

Here's the thing about DeSantis. He's actually smart and good at his job. He has just leaned in really hard with the populist talking points. I was OK with him in his first year or two in office. But, 2021, he went 'full retard'.

His initial covid reaction was well measured. Then it was all freedom no responsibility. He read how his voters were reacting and changed course.

Listen to him do hurricane briefings, and you see a capable leader.

The problem I have with him is not knowing which guy you're getting. He's more and more disingenuous.

When Trump is indicted the first time Disantis is going to turn on him and call him a loser and criminal and insist he answer for his crimes.

That strategy is already in place and only a matter of time.
    If it were me (DeSantis), I'd have this joke lined up...

Well, it's not the first time I ran against someone under federal investigation. How did that turn out for the last guy?

MTG ride or die
    ===============
    Controversial Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) ripped into her fellow Republicans the morning after the party’s lackluster midterm results and blasted those on the right blaming former President Donald Trump for the Democrat’s stronger-than-expected showing.

“Now, they’re trying to blame President Trump today. And I want to tell you how shortsighted and ridiculous that is, it is pathetic the people that are running out saying it’s his fault. No, that is a lazy, pathetic, wimpy, easy mindset,” Greene said Wednesday on Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast.

“They just want one thing and then they want to carry on without doing the hard work – the real changes in the Republican Party and the way we fight the fight,” Greene continued, adding:

Here’s why it’s not Trump’s fault. Trump has been being politically persecuted for the past few years now, ever since January 6th. He went out and did 30 ‘Save America’ rallies all over the country, he endorsed something like 285 candidates. He held over 50 fundraisers, helped raise over $350 million for all these public tax patients.
    Greene, a close ally of Trump, joined the former president on the campaign and trail and has become a major fundraising power within the GOP..........

MTG ride or die
    ===============
    Controversial Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) ripped into her fellow Republicans the morning after the party’s lackluster midterm results and blasted those on the right blaming former President Donald Trump for the Democrat’s stronger-than-expected showing.

“Now, they’re trying to blame President Trump today. And I want to tell you how shortsighted and ridiculous that is, it is pathetic the people that are running out saying it’s his fault. No, that is a lazy, pathetic, wimpy, easy mindset,” Greene said Wednesday on Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast.

“They just want one thing and then they want to carry on without doing the hard work – the real changes in the Republican Party and the way we fight the fight,” Greene continued, adding:

Greene, a close ally of Trump, joined the former president on the campaign and trail and has become a major fundraising power within the GOP..........

She, Jim Jordan, and all the other MAGA nutjobs in the House are going to make it difficult for DeSantis to separate himself from 'the crazy.'

It probably won't happen,but I'd like to see Trump run as an independent. That would all but ensure Biden
    4 more year. Trump is narcissistic enough to do this. The good news there was no giant red wave as
    predicted and it looks like Trump will be disappearing . That's good news for all of us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom