2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Drink once if any candidate…

• Attacks Trump
    • Defends Trump
    • Bitches about not getting to talk enough
    • Says “I’m the only candidate in the race who…”
    • Attacks the media
    • Swears
    • Talks about his or her upbringing
    • Tells another candidate to drop out
    • Calls for drone striking the cartels
    • Mentions inflation or “Bidenomics”
    • Mentions a “war on American energy”
    • Uses the word “woke”
    • Calls for more aid to Ukraine
    • Talks over another candidate
    • Mentions Niger

Drink twice if Ron DeSantis…

• Uses the phrase “where woke goes to die”
    • Uses the phrase “fake Vivek”
    • Bobs his head awkwardly
    • Mentions Disney
    • Gets attacked for having “pudding fingers”
    • Gets attacked for his campaign’s Nazi meme video
    Drink twice if Vivek Ramaswamy…

• Plays footsie with a conspiracy theory
    • Denies or flip-flops on a previous statement
    • Makes a vague reference to God or the crisis of meaning
    • Gets made fun of for rapping

Drink twice if Nikki Haley…

• Mentions that she’s a minority and/or a woman
    • Shills for the military-industrial complex
    • Both attacks Trump and brags about working for him
    Drink twice if Tim Scott…

• Mentions Christianity or Jesus
    • Mentions the American Dream

Drink twice if Mike Pence…

• Attacks another candidate for being insufficiently pro-life
    • Brags about his conduct on Jan. 6
    • Falls into his signature metronymic cadence

Drink twice if Chris Christie…

• Makes a self-deprecating joke
    • Describes himself as tough
    • Calls another candidate a Trump shill
    • Mentions Marco Rubio
    Drink twice if Doug Burgum…

• Avoids weighing in on a culture war issue
    • Shows up on crutches

Drink twice if Asa Hutchinson…

• Gets slammed for his stance on transing kids
    • Gets to speak at all

Finish your beer if…

• Any candidate trips or falls
    • Any candidate mispronounces Niger (it’s “knee-zher”)
    • Christie gets attacked for his weight
    • Anyone brings up Tim Scott’s three decades of virginity
    • An audience member heckles a candidate
    • Candidates come out in the wrong order
    • There’s an embarrassing hot mic moment

DeSantis’ smile is so disingenuous. No Democrat wants abortion until the moment up till birth, unless the baby is dead and/or the woman will die.

DeSantis is almost creepy up there. He's got this really uncomfortable persona I can't get. Pence is miles better than DeSantis in presentation.

I don't really care for any of their positions on abortion, but Haley seems to be the most sensible about it.

Interesting that Pence supports a Federal 15 week ban, but that’s not much different from Roe. What’s up with Asa also lying about the Democratic position saying all the way to birth without extreme circumstances? Same with Scott? Will they allow women to die?

DeSantis is almost creepy up there. He's got this really uncomfortable persona I can't get. Pence is miles better than DeSantis in presentation.

I don't really care for any of their positions on abortion, but Haley seems to be the most sensible about it.
    Yeah, but it's a GOP debate. They've always and will always misrepresent Democrats positions on abortion.

If these Republicans support 15 weeks, that’s no different than 1 week. It’s still abortion. The difference is circumstances such as knowledge of pregnancy and knowledge of the condition of the baby.

Now Pence is lying about defunding the police which only fringe Democrats support. Just like fringe Republicans would advocate for more militarism and less controls on the police.

Yep, Haley is the most sensible, and hasn’t lied.

Now Christie is lying about the Hunter Justice.

Now DeSantis is lying about the Soros funding for his undemocratic firing about elected district attorneys.

Borgham (sp?) just claimed that crime is less severe in the country. I looked it up recently, and the majority of the top 10 per capita crime is in rural areas.

Yeah, she at least acknowledges that abortion isn't some cut and dried issue and really tried to nuance the issue because it's a tough one for people to discuss.
    So far Haley has distinguished herself. It’ll be interesting to see how she answers the Trump indictment question, particularly if they ask about pardons.

Ugh, Vivek is a freaking cheese grater up there. He's hard to watch. Pence is pretty polished, as he should be. Haley is golding up well. Christie is just ok. Scott...ehhh. The rest haven't done much.

Go Christie! He’s laying it on Trump! There goes Swarmy whose campaign is blindly backing Trump no matter what criminal actions he perpetrates.

So far Haley has distinguished herself. It’ll be interesting to see how she answers the Trump indictment question, particularly if they ask about pardons.
    I agree. I haven't paid enough attention to her regarding Trump. I hope she takes a strong stand against him.

Go Christie! He’s laying it on Trump! There goes Swarmy whose campaign is blindly backing Trump no matter what criminal actions he perpetrates.
    Welp, fork Haley then. She raised her hand. Sorry.
    I know she raised her hand to support Trump if he’s the nominee, but I can’t hardly hold that against her. I respect Christie and Asa for not raising their hand, but it is a pledge.

I know she raised her hand to support Trump if he’s the nominee, but I can’t hardly hold that against her. I respect Christie and Asa for not raising their hand, but it is a pledge.
    That wasn't what the modertor said though. The moderator said would they still vote for Trump even if he were convicted. That's a bit different imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom