2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Yes, but I have no idea why you think you need to tell me this. 🤷‍♀️
    It seemed like an interesting observation or comment based on what I’ve heard or read from some people over the years and since I believed we were having a decent “breakthrough” conversation earlier, I thought it would be good to pass it on. Even if you didn’t agree at all with those sentiments (and I have serious reservations as well).

I don't think anyone is saying you'd hold your nose and vote for Trump. What some have said is that your plan to vote third party might as well be a vote for Trump because, it's simple, in that scenario only one parson can beat Trump, and you'd not be voting for that 1 person. I'm not a Democrat, but I'll vote for Biden without thinking twice if Trump is the nominee. Same for DeSantis. If a moderate Republican gets the nomination, I'll probably switch in that scenario.
    There has been someone who periodically still believed I would hold my nose and vote for Trump.
    He knows who he is.
    I will likely vote for the GOP nominee IF it is not Trump.
    Yes, I don't care if my 3rd Party vote is considered "wasted".
    I will not vote for Biden.
    I will not vote for Trump.
    A vote for either Biden or Trump is a wasted vote imo.

None of that stuff will move the needle for any of his supporters. But if it moves the needle on just a few percent of the people on the fence that voted for him the first time, that makes a big difference.
    There is a very good chance that by the time Election Day 2024 comes up, Donald Trump will either be convicted for voter fraud, trying to subvert a democratic election, election interference based on threatening or attempting to extort or force Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger to “find him 11,000 votes” or meddle with the election results of the final vote tally in Georgia.

The Fulton County D.A. has an extremely strong, powerful case and it’s INFINITELY more damning, eye-opening, and politically destructive for Trump than D.A. Brags case in Manhattan. That case has some teeth, this case, metaphorically, is equivalent to a bunch of healthy, 95-pound, hungry Pit Bulls looking for their next and biggest near-300 pound of orange flesh. And very soon, those pack of Pit Bulls will start becoming “very, very hungry”.

Even if Biden is a bit past-his-prime and not perfect POTUS, he’ll annihilate Trump probably by a wider margin then what he did in 2020.

I didn’t do it deliberately because I’m some partisan jerk. I wasn’t completely sure what a few posters were trying to get across in past threads on other issues over the past few days and I was basing my responses on what I believed they were saying, at the time. I clarified that it up with MT15 in the abortion thread yesterday.

You did it to me as well, even after I clarified my already easy-to-understand point.

You did it to me as well, even after I clarified my already easy-to-understand point.
    Well, it didn’t seem that way at the time. Still, it wasn’t intentional or a deliberate decision to act or talk down to anyone else like a jerk. And if I did, you have my apologies.

Some of these discussions regarding socio-political issues did get a bit contentious and heated in the past.

Breaking news. Florida Gov. Ron Desantis will announce his bid for the Presidency tomorrow....Wed. @ 6pm.

The approach will be to emphasize:
    FUTURE over PAST
    ACTION over TALK

Last edited:
    DeSantis is bypassing the approach taken by Nikki Haley or Tim Scott.
    He is forsaking the usual approach and taking a more "youthful " approach than the decades old habit of standing before cameras from CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and Fox. Tomorrow's Twitter announcement is different, but NOT foolish.
    Millions are on Twitter.....AND....all the traditional media will cover THAT Twitter announcement. They'll cover it anyway!
    So...........DeSantis still gets the buzz from the traditional media......yet....he'll take the first step in a long process to show that he is the youthful choice who has recently won an election in a big fashion....and contrast himself to the much older Trump who has a recent record of being a loser.
    It IS a good idea.
    It will make people take note.
    I look forward to what the polls will say in 6 weeks....12 weeks....etc.
    Now it will get interesting.

Last edited:
    You sure?

“Put on the full armor of God. Stand firm against the left’s schemes. You will face flaming arrows, but if you have the shield of faith, you will overcome them"
    The question was will he wage jihad on the constitution of the United States? He will not wage jihad against the Constitution of the United States. He IS against having kindergarten thru 4th graders listening to anything relating to human sexuality in the classroom. He thinks that young children should focus on learning to read and math. Much of America will agree with that. I'm going to watch with great interest as the weeks and months go by. We live in very interesting times.

The question was will he wage jihad on the constitution of the United States? He will not wage jihad against the Constitution of the United States. He IS against having kindergarten thru 4th graders listening to anything relating to human sexuality in the classroom. He thinks that young children should focus on learning to read and math. Much of America will agree with that. I'm going to watch with great interest as the weeks and months go by. We live in very interesting times.
    My post will bring about fervent rebuttals. I am not in the mood to read them or respond. I will come back eventually of course. Yet it will be awhile😉

Man, you're ignoring all the crazy sheet being passed in Florida and he's signing off on. It's as anti-Constitution as anything out there.

And some of the right wing posts on Twitter and such are saying we need a dictator in the WH. It's straight up disturbing.

I'm going to blame him and his lame arse culture war

According to documents released by the Florida Freedom to Read Project and first reported by the Herald, the poem was removed from circulation after a parent claimed in March that it “is not educational and have indirectly [sic] hate messages.” The same parent brought challenges to four other books: The ABCs of Black History, Cuban Kids, Countries in the News Cuba and Love to Langston.

The complaint also incorrectly attributed Gorman’s poem to Oprah Winfrey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom