2022 Georgia Senate Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Senator Warnock won in a special election to fill the remainder of Johnny Isakson's seat - which expires January 2023. This means the seat is up for election in 2022, where Warnock will run as the incumbent and the GOP field that is now led by former running back Hershel Walker, who has been enthusiastically endorsed by Donald Trump.

I know you guys loved some Jones because he was a Dem and won in a red area, but he was terrible, straight trash.

Not remotely as bad as the scumbag he beat. The one who was kicked out of the court.
    He's also league's more qualified than a football coach who barely knows where he is most of the time.

Doug Jones is the Second Coming compared to those two.

I know you guys loved some Jones because he was a Dem and won in a red area, but he was terrible, straight trash.
    As an Alabama resident, he made me proud. I was never embarrassed by any interview I ever saw. He voted logically. I’m open to listening to a rationale basis for this characterization that he was a trash representative.

I didn't realize people were still saying this
    ============================

Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker expressed skepticism over evolution during a recent event at a Georgia church, questioning whether such a thing can be real based on the current existence of apes.

"At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not? ... If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it," Walker said in an appearance at Sugar Hill Church in Georgia on Sunday, The Huffington Post first reported his remarks.

Walker is running for the Republican nomination to challenge Sen. Raphael Warnock this November, a marquee race in Republicans' quest to retake the US Senate. A Georgia football legend, Walker, the 1982 Heisman Trophy winner, is viewed as the frontrunner in the GOP primary. Former President Donald Trump recruited Walker to run in the race. The former football star has also received an increased welcoming from more traditional GOP figures like Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Walker's claim echoes one of the biggest misunderstandings of evolution that has plagued scientists and biologists since Charles Darwin first made his theory. The theory does not state that humans descended from apes or chimpanzees or any other related animal that is alive today. Rather, humans and apes shared a common ancestor millions of years ago.

"Asking why modern chimps don't look more like humans is like asking why the children of your cousins don't look more like you than their parents. They're on an entirely different evolutionary path," The Washington Post wrote in 2016.............

There are PLENTY of people who don't believe evolution is real. I argue with them a lot :hihi:

BTW, that article says "Rather, humans and apes shared a common ancestor millions of years ago." What it should say, "we are apes (hominids)". If they are going to correct someone...

I think we could fill up this thread with Walker’s bad takes:

The problem with not understanding evolution is that it shows a lack of analytical ability. Analysis of data is a skill that lawmakers need, because they must be able to analyze the causation of problems in order to produce laws that are effective.

How he voted and what he stood for.
    By your standard, every Democratic representative is trash, because Jones is mainstream and even leaned conservative. By your standard, every Republican representative is trash to a Democrat, even the more moderate ones, because Democrats will disagree with most of the Republican's votes. From my perspective, that doesn't make that Republican a trash representative, and Jones is definitely not trash. I thought perhaps you had some substantive reason, but you certainly haven't given one.

The problem with not understanding evolution is that it shows a lack of analytical ability. Analysis of data is a skill that lawmakers need, because they must be able to analyze the causation of problems in order to produce laws that are effective.

That has nothing to do with understanding evolution, and everything to do with religious dogma and regurgitating a very old - and rather dumb - fallacy to pander to the base..

That has nothing to do with understanding evolution, and everything to do with religious dogma and regurgitating a very old - and rather dumb - fallacy to pander to the base..
    I don't think Walker's comments about why apes still exist are due to religious dogma, but they were dumb, which indicates a lack of analytical skills. He was pandering, but he did it in a dumb way. His comment asking people to think about it was ironically indicative of lack of thought. I can't imagine what will go through his mind if people were to try to give him rationale reasons for any law, because his mind doesn't work very well.

I don't think Walker's comments about why apes still exist are due to religious dogma, but they were dumb, which indicates a lack of analytical skills. He was pandering, but he did it in a dumb way. His comment asking people to think about it was ironically indicative of lack of thought. I can't imagine what will go through his mind if people were to try to give him rationale reasons for any law, because his mind doesn't work very well.
    Yes, they are. Again, it is an old fallacy, one that apologists bring up frequently to discredit evolution in favor of creationism. I very sure it was Ken Hovind Sr. who first stated it. It has everything to do with religious dogma. It has nothing to do with his mind working well or not.

Why was he even talking about evolution in the first place? Because he was talking to a church congregation in Georgia about his faith, and they all want to believe that the god they worship created man in his image, like it says in the Bible.

I am not saying Walker is the sharpest tool in the shed, but hey, if you think the minds of people who believe in religious dogmas don't work very well, who am I to contradict you? :hihi:

By your standard, every Democratic representative is trash, because Jones is mainstream and even leaned conservative. By your standard, every Republican representative is trash to a Democrat, even the more moderate ones, because Democrats will disagree with most of the Republican's votes. From my perspective, that doesn't make that Republican a trash representative, and Jones is definitely not trash. I thought perhaps you had some substantive reason, but you certainly haven't given one.
    Yes. You are correct.
    Can we count on you to vote red this November?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom