2022 Georgia Senate Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Senator Warnock won in a special election to fill the remainder of Johnny Isakson's seat - which expires January 2023. This means the seat is up for election in 2022, where Warnock will run as the incumbent and the GOP field that is now led by former running back Hershel Walker, who has been enthusiastically endorsed by Donald Trump.

At least Hillary Clinton made sure she lived in NY when she ran for Senate there.
    Does Walker even live in GA at all? What address did he use to register?
    Didn't Mary Landrieu have a situation where she moved to DC and forgot to leave personal residence in Louisiana, and listed it as her parents house, which i guess i hard to argue that she didn't live there while in La...
    The crazy thing I heard tonight was that GA only requires a person to maintain a residence in GA after they’re elected. Which is pretty crazy. The R Party, however, could have their own rules on residency if they choose.

I saw a stat quoted that said the average wait in a minority district was 90 minutes and the average wait in white districts was 7 minutes. I do not know exactly where these figures come from, but I am sure the difference is by design.

Foghorn Leghorn went to Oxford for craps sake 🤦‍♀️
    group-cows-cross-river-ford-unknown-part-planet-230766950.jpg

What did he go to a place where oxen ford a river for?

***on bended knee***
    Dear God,

Please, pretty please, let Billy Nungesser run for governor and win. We won't survive Landry nor Kennedy.
    He lives 5 miles from me and that's simply too close.

Haaaaeee aaaahhh quuuueee ...lord have mercy.

How far has the Republican Party fallen into atavistic tribalism? Voters in Georgia are about to provide an answer. Woe to the nation if it’s the wrong one.

Tuesday’s runoff election between Democratic Sen. Raphael G. Warnock and GOP challenger Herschel Walker is almost a perfect laboratory experiment.

Both men are Black. Control of the Senate is no longer at stake. Former president Donald Trump, who inflames passions in both parties, stayed out of the state. There is no other contest on the ballot to help or hinder either candidate’s prospects.

There is only the stark choice between Warnock, who has shown he is competent to be a U.S. senator, and Walker, who manifestly is not.

It’s the rare moment when Republicans should be able to abstain from supporting a terrible candidate in good conscience, and in doing so restore a little self-respect and sanity to the national political process.

If Walker wins, it will be because Republican voters decided that loyalty to party was more important than having effective representation in the Senate.

It is not as if Georgians are unaware of Walker’s shortcomings. The NBC News exit poll from the Nov. 8 election found that nearly two-thirds of Georgia voters believed Walker lacked good judgment, while fewer than half said the same thing about Warnock. Why vote for someone with bad judgment to be a senator?………

If GOP voters choose the sideshow, it will be because for them — as for Kemp, Cruz, Graham and the rest of the party establishment — the “R” after Walker’s name and the “D” after Warnock’s are all that matter. It will be because party identity is more important than performance, ability or character……..

Rs are always putting party over country. Every time a Republican politician admits they would vote for Trump if he is the R nominee, they are admitting that. It goes against the oath they take, but they do not care about their oaths of office. All they care about is the party and staying in power.

They’re disqualifying themselves for public office IMO. And every GA citizen who votes for Walker is showing they don’t deserve to live in the greatest democracy in the world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom