2022 Georgia Senate Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Senator Warnock won in a special election to fill the remainder of Johnny Isakson's seat - which expires January 2023. This means the seat is up for election in 2022, where Warnock will run as the incumbent and the GOP field that is now led by former running back Hershel Walker, who has been enthusiastically endorsed by Donald Trump.

When your own party doesn't vote for you
    To be fair, this is a nothing burger IMO since he didn't vote for either candidate.

On CNN last night, he touted his Christian values as the reason he couldn't vote for Walker. Yet those same Christian values wouldn't allow him to vote for the Baptist pastor... whatever.

the count on CNN was just seesawing back and forth, Warnock ahead, now Walker, back to Warnock, back to Walker

I hope that was legit as the votes were coming in and not just games to keep you glued to the TV

BAKARI SELLERS: I can’t just say this was Trump’s candidate. I don’t think that’s fair. And I think that that’s not completely accurate. That’s rewriting history. Mitch McConnell endorsed Herschel Walker. Every time you saw him. It looked like one of those Eddie Murphy movies, you had two (inaudible) on his side.

DON LEMON: You had, you had two white guys basically flanking him.

SCOTT JENNINGS: Are you saying the Republicans should have abandoned him?

BAKARI SELLERS: Why not?

DON LEMON: No. But it looked like he needed. It looked like he needed a babysitter.

BAKARI SELLERS: Why not? I mean. But why not? I mean, like, there comes a point in time where we’re political parties on both sides have to stand for something. And I think that I think that Herschel Walker was below the bar. And I think that when people reevaluate this race, he was below the bar of every metric that we should use to determine who serves us. And so I don’t know whether or not to abandon him or not elect him or do whatever. But the fact that Rick Scott, Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz, Mitch McConnell…

POPPY HARLOW: Governor Kemp in the end.

BAKARI SELLERS: Governor Kemp, at the end, Nikki Haley, were all embracing him with open arms. And everybody knew that he was anti-intellectualism. Everybody knew he held a gun to his to his wife’s head. Everybody knew that he was paying for abortions. Everybody knew that he doesn’t do proper sentence structure. Everybody knew he doesn’t know what’s going on in Washington, D.C. And yet Republicans were like, “Well, he Black and he won a Heisman.”

SCOTT JENNINGS: So if I show up in a state and rattle off the oppo file on every mediocre or worse Democratic candidate you’re arguing, the Democratic Party should just walk away from it. That’s a ridiculous assertion! This is one of the most important states on the map. That’s not to say that Republicans had a great chance for a pickup, and you’re, you guys are arguing the party should just walk away? That’s not going to happen!

BAKARI SELLERS: No, no, no. There’s a oppo file, and then there’s a oppo dump truck. Right. And so the oppo file on all of us is probably this thick, right? What I’m saying is this goes beyond opposition research. This goes beyond, like, okay, he paid taxes in another state. These are character flaws that I believe are below the dignity of the United States Senate. Now, if you don’t believe that, that’s fine. And that’s where we will differ. But what I’m saying is that we have to begin to stand for something on both sides. And if we do not, we will continue to erode our very fundamental structures of democracy.............

SCOTT JENNINGS: So if I show up in a state and rattle off the oppo file on every mediocre or worse Democratic candidate you’re arguing, the Democratic Party should just walk away from it. That’s a ridiculous assertion! This is one of the most important states on the map. That’s not to say that Republicans had a great chance for a pickup, and you’re, you guys are arguing the party should just walk away? That’s not going to happen!
    This guy just cannot understand what Sellers is saying because he is firmly in the camp of "party over country". Sellers is saying that the Senate should be held to a higher standard and Walker isn't qualified to be the county dogcatcher! Jennings should have challenge him to name just ONE Democratic Senatorial candidate in the last 40 years equal to the Walker candidacy.

This guy just cannot understand what Sellers is saying because he is firmly in the camp of "party over country"
    On the contrary, I think he understands perfectly what Sellers was saying but he couldn't very well continue to defend Walker while acknowledging that he understands the man was nowhere near qualified to be a senator.

I'm relieved that Walker lost. That said, he gave a nice concession speech. Other Republicans would do well to learn how to be gracious in defeat.
    Yes, I said that to my husband. If he could have sounded like that more often and less lying about everything he would have done better.

I get the sense the handlers all abandoned him immediately after it was clear he would lose and he was basically left to concede on his own without people whispering nonsense into his ears.

Senator Reverend Raphael Warnock defeated Herschel Walker in the Georgia Senate runoff Tuesday night. We can take heart in the result, if not the fact that 1.7 million people—and counting—thought Herschel Walker should be a United States senator.

Herschel Walker's candidacy has been kind of like having a shark in the pool. Sure, it may not have bitten you. If it had chomped you, you may not have died. But why is there a shark in the pool in the first place? Who put the shark in the pool, and what do they get out of it? And why are so many people cheering for the shark?

To be more precise, why did a lot of people want the shark to have a role in running the pool? Despite the shark's demonstrable disinterest in chlorination, lifeguard recruitment, and safe diving practices, a lot of people—millions of people—wanted the shark on the Pool Management Committee. Why? Aren't they in the pool with the rest of us?..............

I asked a similar question when David Duke still received 40% of the vote when he ran against Edwin Edwards. The reality is some voters are who they are and its no use trying to figure them out or reason with them.
    In this case it's the vast majority of the Republican party and 5-6 members of the supreme court.

Senator Reverend Raphael Warnock defeated Herschel Walker in the Georgia Senate runoff Tuesday night. We can take heart in the result, if not the fact that 1.7 million people—and counting—thought Herschel Walker should be a United States senator.

Herschel Walker's candidacy has been kind of like having a shark in the pool. Sure, it may not have bitten you. If it had chomped you, you may not have died. But why is there a shark in the pool in the first place? Who put the shark in the pool, and what do they get out of it? And why are so many people cheering for the shark?

To be more precise, why did a lot of people want the shark to have a role in running the pool? Despite the shark's demonstrable disinterest in chlorination, lifeguard recruitment, and safe diving practices, a lot of people—millions of people—wanted the shark on the Pool Management Committee. Why? Aren't they in the pool with the rest of us?..............

Someone should've told the author to use a different animal. Sharks are cool, smooth predators.

It's more like...a potbellied pig in the pool. Something hopelessly out of its depth, with no idea what it's doing yet capable of befouling the whole thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom