100 Marines to Baghdad (Iran conflict discussion)(Reopened & Merged) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

We’re gonna try to stay on point in this one -🤞 .

After the Iranian admission of shooting down the Ukrainian 737, which was carrying 82 Iranian passengers, protests against the Supreme Leader have broken out.

The UK ambassador to Iran has been arrested for talking photos of the protests. President Trump has tweeted support for the protesters in English and Farsi.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love LBJ.
    He was an original and you knew what you were getting.
    First-hand accounts tell of him casually kicking people in the shins with his cowboy boots to drive home a point.
    He brow-beat, cajoled, lied, threatened, and did whatever it took.

1579203262242.png

MAGA?

The real story behind LBJ's fake Tonkin Gulf incident wasn't declassified for 30 years.
    So, imagine that you won't really know what DJT has done until it's declassified 30 years from now.
    It'll make everything we're saying here look ignorant, but by then, nobody will care.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love LBJ.
    He was an original and you knew what you were getting.
    First-hand accounts tell of him casually kicking people in the shins with his cowboy boots to drive home a point.
    He brow-beat, cajoled, lied, threatened, and did whatever it took.

1579203262242.png

I have no problem with LBJ. He was a great man I don't agree with methods or everything.

What he was doing it for was what I asked.

Cival rights, public broadcasting, Medicare, and Medicaid to name a few.

What he did is light years greater than not passing a meaningful piece of legislation besides tax cuts for the filthy rich and tax cuts for corporate America.

He has bullied to stay in power not help the bottom of the American food chain like LBJ did.

Yep not everything he did was great. I will agree.
    Hey, Moose, seems we do have a few things in common. Say, here's good article from Texas Monthly about LBJ that you might enjoy, then we can go back to the thread topic.

Hubert Humphrey told me how Johnson gave him pep talks and Humphrey demonstrated, saying, “He’d grab me by the lapels (to demonstrate, Humphrey grabbed me) and say, ‘Now Hubert, I want you to do this and that and get going,’ and with that he would kick me in the shins, hard.” Then Humphrey added, “Look,” pulling up his trouser leg. Sure enough, he had some scars there. He had a couple of scars on his shin where Lyndon had kicked him and said, “Get going now.”

Robert Allen, Washington columnist

In more relevant news, it appears that we all have been fed more "alternative facts" by this administration regarding Iran's missile strike.

Eleven U.S. troops were injured in the Iranian missile strike on two Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops earlier this month launched in retaliation for the killing of a top general.

Defense One reported Thursday that the U.S. service members were airlifted to Kuwait and Germany where they received treatment for traumatic brain injuries and underwent further tests.

“Out of an abundance of caution, some service members were transported from Al Asad Air Base, Iraq to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany, others were sent to Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, for follow-on screening,” Col. Myles Caggins, a spokesman for U.S. military command in Baghdad, told the news outlet.

We were told that an attack was imminent and killing Somaliani was the best way to stop the attack. Then we learned that they had him targeted for months and now this. Why is deception their default position?

In more relevant news, it appears that we all have been fed more "alternative facts" by this administration regarding Iran's missile strike.

We were told that an attack was imminent and killing Somaliani was the best way to stop the attack. Then we learned that they had him targeted for months and now this. Why is deception their default position?

IDK, if you look at the article relied on by The Hill it appears that those soldiers were taken out of the field after reporting concussion symptoms that had not cleared after about a week. It's not at all clear what was known when or that anyone "lied." I am not downplaying their injuries, just pointing out how unclear the facts really are.

IDK, if you look at the article relied on by The Hill it appears that those soldiers were taken out of the field after reporting concussion symptoms that had not cleared after about a week. It's not at all clear what was known when or that anyone "lied." I am not downplaying their injuries, just pointing out how unclear the facts really are.

According to this article, new scenarios are being floated to explain the shoot down.

1. The US interfered with the radar
    2. Cyberattacks
    3. Saboteurs in the air defense system

The most interesting note is an Iranian general stating there was an alert about incoming cruise missiles and that the SA-15 battery had trouble receiving the cancellation notice of the cruise missile alert, mistook the 737 for a cruise missile and fired at it twice.

Alerting your air defense system about inbound cruise missiles would seem to be an excellent time to also stop all civilian departures and direct civilian traffic away from the area.

that sounds a lot like Iran trying to Cover their Arse.

I agree, if they alerted the air defense system due to an inbound cruise missile, wouldn't they shut down all air traffic? Make it easier to identify and track said missile, right?

Yeah, it’s hard to say this was any sort of coverup when those types of injuries may not have been immediately apparent or reported.

I use a case like this to judge people’s tweets. If they are all on board with “Trump lied!“ about this, then maybe they are not completely objective.

I do think the immediate thoughts that Iran was trying not to hurt anyone are also overstated, though. I saw a CBS news report that showed craters in the middle of some troops’ living quarters. So it wasn’t accurate to say they were targeting only open fields. I think we were somewhat lucky, after all, that nobody was killed.

that sounds a lot like Iran trying to Cover their Arse.

I agree, if they alerted the air defense system due to an inbound cruise missile, wouldn't they shut down all air traffic? Make it easier to identify and track said missile, right?

I agree, short of any evidence to the contrary, sounds like a scatter shot of possible conspiracy theory seeds attempting to see of any take root.

Interesting read here:

I'd never expected you to be a neocon at heart. Really the writer seems to think force is the first and last step. Yeah, all the policy makers before Trump forgot about economic and military might dictating foreign relations. That TPP or JCPAO really are junk. What the writer seems to say at the core is everything's broken w/o attributing it to the person doing the breaking. See we're letting Russia run amok but forget the sanctions on them aren't really enforced today. Oh Iran, you're behaving badly for your nuke aspiration so we'll let u know whats what. And when they dared retaliate, it shows they cannot be reeled into the world community and exposes our weakness. Really? Trump showed that we need to use less carrot and more stick? Wasn't it us that backed down? Ah, what about China? Really? Using our military to force them to do what we say? TPP was as much a strategic policy as it is a trade policy....oh wait! You don't say! We're flexing our economic might there but someone decided to break it? Oh! And though he thinks that person is an idiot who doesn't plan out their actions, we can see clear doctrines. Some 3 year old was given paint and randomly throws it on a canvass. This writer comes along and sees clear the depravity in the human condition.

We lucked out on a war. Let's not give the child the credit for poking the beehive and getting away with a few stings. Which reminds me. You seem to admire how this administration is balancing aggression with restraint? I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.

I'd never expected you to be a neocon at heart. Really the writer seems to think force is the first and last step. Yeah, all the policy makers before Trump forgot about economic and military might dictating foreign relations. That TPP or JCPAO really are junk. What the writer seems to say at the core is everything's broken w/o attributing it to the person doing the breaking. See we're letting Russia run amok but forget the sanctions on them aren't really enforced today. Oh Iran, you're behaving badly for your nuke aspiration so we'll let u know whats what. And when they dared retaliate, it shows they cannot be reeled into the world community and exposes our weakness. Really? Trump showed that we need to use less carrot and more stick? Wasn't it us that backed down? Ah, what about China? Really? Using our military to force them to do what we say? TPP was as much a strategic policy as it is a trade policy....oh wait! You don't say! We're flexing our economic might there but someone decided to break it? Oh! And though he thinks that person is an idiot who doesn't plan out their actions, we can see clear doctrines. Some 3 year old was given paint and randomly throws it on a canvass. This writer comes along and sees clear the depravity in the human condition.

We lucked out on a war. Let's not give the child the credit for poking the beehive and getting away with a few stings. Which reminds me. You seem to admire how this administration is balancing aggression with restraint? I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.

You seemed to have gotten a lot more out of the comment "interesting read" than I did.

Hell, I don't even think my blood pressure fluctuated.

The real story behind LBJ's fake Tonkin Gulf incident wasn't declassified for 30 years.
    So, imagine that you won't really know what DJT has done until it's declassified 30 years from now.
    It'll make everything we're saying here look ignorant, but by then, nobody will care.
    Or, the next Democratic administration could declassify it immediately. We've already established that the president can declassify anything he wants to at any time so rather than 30 years from now, we could know everything just over 365 days from now. I'd love nothing more than for democrats to win back the Whitehouse and have the president's first act be to immediately declassify all evidence along with the information hidden on the servers.

Interesting read here:

My only real issue with the article is the idea that Trump's strategy with regard to Iran is somehow an accident. However, I do understand the Atlantic cannot quite admit that Trump is doing what he said what he do and it is working. That might be a bridge too far for one article.

He said he would send more troops to the ME? I don’t recall that promise......

I don't think this was posted here.

This is the video that Iran reportedly arrested someone for releasing although others say the person who released the footage is safely out of Iranian reach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom