100 Marines to Baghdad (Iran conflict discussion)(Reopened & Merged) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

We’re gonna try to stay on point in this one -🤞 .

After the Iranian admission of shooting down the Ukrainian 737, which was carrying 82 Iranian passengers, protests against the Supreme Leader have broken out.

The UK ambassador to Iran has been arrested for talking photos of the protests. President Trump has tweeted support for the protesters in English and Farsi.

It will be interesting to see if negotiations gain any momentum through all of this. That's clearly Trump's end-game and there's much to believe that Iran is open to it. Of course, negotiations are unlikely to be meaningful, Trump hasn't been very effective to date (he's likely going to want them to commit to no nukes, which they're not going to do). But even getting to the table would be tremendously positive.
    We definitely will not see Iran openly desirous of negotiation before November.

I want to throw this out... (I can;t figure out how to copy a tweet)

Omar said this: "Rep. Ilhan Omar tweeted Monday that President Trump could draw the U.S. into war with Iran if it seek to harm properties owned by the Trump Organization around the world. "

I had never thought of this.. Iranian targeting personally owned properties own by Trump... Is that not giving the enemy ideas?

What if terrorist attacks start happening at Trump owned properties... Is this not treason her giving our enemies ideas and information?

Omar needs to go. She's stupid, but she is not so stupid that she didnt know what she was doing there. We should keep a close eye on her during the State of the Union address.

Omar said this: "Rep. Ilhan Omar tweeted Monday that President Trump could draw the U.S. into war with Iran if it seek to harm properties owned by the Trump Organization around the world. "

I had never thought of this.. Iranian targeting personally owned properties own by Trump... Is that not giving the enemy ideas?

What if terrorist attacks start happening at Trump owned properties... Is this not treason her giving our enemies ideas and information?

This should be patently obvious but no - that's not "information". Speculating about possible (and obvious) means by which a nation could strike American interests isn't treason. That happens every day in political discourse.

This should be patently obvious but no - that's not "information". Speculating about possible (and obvious) means by which a nation could strike American interests isn't treason. That happens every day in political discourse.

Chuck.. To me it was almost a call out for Terrorists to start attacking Trump's Properties if they wanted to get any results.

What was the context of it? Is there a video?

Iranian officials were tweeting lists and links of Trump properties as early as the 5th so the idea didn't originate with Omar and was likely a reaction to their tweets.

It was a tweet. It's hardly what they're suggesting it is. And FYI, I'm not defending her, I don't care about her. I'm defending reason.

Iran posted a list of Trump properties a few days ago.

Omar is just being opportunist.

Iran posted a list of Trump properties a few days ago.

Omar is just being opportunist.

Exactly - using the context to make an emoluments jab.

But apparently she's treasonist and we need to "keep an eye on her" at the SoTU?

Trump's address this morning

If the link does not take you to speech start, it begins at 47:30

Joe it is only logical.

It is another reason he should have gotten completely out of the hotel game when he won. Pardon me when he lost the popular vote yet still won.

But then again he could not milk our government and the countries around the world looking for favors without them.

Quit eating the cheese of whom trump and fox want you to be mad at.

[Admin Edit:nono:personal attack]

Last edited by a moderator:
    Saw on CNN earlier that Iranian State news is reporting inside Iran that the missiles did kill Americans. Of course we know this to be false. I'm just gonna take it as this whole exercise was done to save face and look strong for their own people. Also, we obviously shouldn't trust all news that comes from Iran state media. A portion is nothing more than propaganda.

Edit: Damn you @Archies Ghost for posting this right before me. :)

I was up around 2:30 this morning and I saw several reports stating that Iran said they killed 80 American terrorists. I also saw reports that Iraq was gearing up to attack the US for the killing of their man also. I am thinking these reports were on the BBC news website.

Exactly - using the context to make an emoluments jab.

But apparently she's treasonist and we need to "keep an eye on her" at the SoTU?
    Yes, but only because she is a terrorist in waiting. Any wires hanging out of her white outfit, audible ticking, or radiation should be taken seriously.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom