100 Marines to Baghdad (Iran conflict discussion)(Reopened & Merged) (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

We’re gonna try to stay on point in this one -🤞 .

After the Iranian admission of shooting down the Ukrainian 737, which was carrying 82 Iranian passengers, protests against the Supreme Leader have broken out.

The UK ambassador to Iran has been arrested for talking photos of the protests. President Trump has tweeted support for the protesters in English and Farsi.

You can’t really gaslight people that can easily read the full sentence and conversational context:

It may not be the sentence structure I’d use in formal settings, but you aren’t obtuse.

But really, all I honestly needed was tonight. After policies that led to countless foreigners lives and a still weakened America, you were gung ho and ready to escalate so much with the slightest line being crossed. There isn’t a quagmire in the history of democratic government that didn’t get that way without the help of people like you all. Ready to stoke their deepest jingoism and tribalism at the slightest provocations. Calling nuance, empathy, and measured calculation weakness and cheering on careless provocation and mindless bluster strength.

I guess you are going to ignore that I said that I would be glad If the Iranian missiles clearly missed their targets, but if American lives were lost it was time to send ordinance down range.

Yep, I will be glad if this "retaliation" was not a retaliation at all.

But, you go ahead and spin your narrative.

I guess you are going to ignore that I said that I would be glad If the Iranian missiles clearly missed their targets, but if American lives were lost it was time to send ordinance down range.

Yep, I will be glad if this "retaliation" was not a retaliation at all.

But, you go ahead and spin your narrative.
    Right, you wanted fire and fury if one American combatant was killed after, according to the rationale, America killed a perceived enemy combatant, escalated to that point because of our unilateral and unjustified abandonment of a working non-proliferation agreement that counter to promises simply escalated tensions and failed to achieve the stated goals.

A context habitually ignored in order to cherry pick and craft a narrative that would justify those self-inflicting escalations you were leaning into.

But like I said, I’m glad red lines only matter when it’s Obama, I truly do. You all and your mercurial positions based on dear leader are how Trump may be able to find that off-ramp I was deeply concerned may not exist.

I am hoping our men over there are not trusting any Iraq soldiers that are on the base with them. I especially would not trust any Iraq soldiers that are guarding our Embassy.

So what does that tell you about the whole stupidity of fighting that war in the first place?

Right, you wanted fire and fury if one American combatant was killed after, according to the rationale, America killed a perceived enemy combatant, escalated to that point because of our unilateral and unjustified abandonment of a working non-proliferation agreement that counter to promises simply escalated tensions and failed to achieve the stated goals.

A context habitually ignored in order to cherry pick and craft a narrative that would justify those self-inflicting escalations you were leaning into.

But like I said, I’m glad red lines only matter when it’s Obama, I truly do. You all and your mercurial positions based on dear leader are how Trump may be able to find that off-ramp I was deeply concerned may not exist.

Well, you've done an outstanding job speaking for the Islamic Republic of Iran. If only they could find someone whose bias was not so so clear.

Now a Ukrainian AIrliner crashes in Tehron killing 180?

WTF?

This is both a tragedy and now a moment of international intrigue - Ukraine is not ruling out missile strike, and apparently Iran is not permitting Ukrainian authorities access to crash material including the black box. Reportedly at least.

This is both a tragedy and now a moment of international intrigue - Ukraine is not ruling out missile strike, and apparently Iran is not permitting Ukrainian authorities access to crash material including the black box. Reportedly at least.

I am curious why there were so many Canadians on this plane.

While some aviation experts said it was too early to speculate, the OPS group, an aviation risk monitoring group, said: “We would recommend the starting assumption to be that this was a shootdown event, similar to MH17 – until there is clear evidence to the contrary," highlighting photos of the crash site which they said "show obvious projectile holes in the fuselage and a wing section."

UIA has also discounted the possibility of technical problems, insisting there was “nothing wrong” with the three-year old Boeing 737-800, which had undergone a scheduled technical check only two days earlier.

So if this is a shootdown event, you have three possibilities:
    - Technical error (some system or feature of a system caused a missile to hit the civilian plane)
    - Human error (some person mistakenly fired upon the civilian plane)
    - Intentional (for some reason someone intentionally shot the plane down)

Uh.... they been shooting at us...

Correct. We shot back and killed their guy.

The discussion was Reuben asking "What if they put stuff in their cultural sites" to which I said "It's none of our business unless they shoot at us"

Now that it's in context, don't you agree? Or do you think Iran has the right to blow up our churches and the Viet Nam Memorial because we shot at them and might have guns hidden nearby?

The discussion was Reuben asking "What if they put stuff in their cultural sites" to which I said "It's none of our business unless they shoot at us"

Now that it's in context, don't you agree? Or do you think Iran has the right to blow up our churches and the Viet Nam Memorial because we shot at them and might have guns hidden nearby?

FWIW, I think the fundamental issue with cultural sites is that they belong to all of humanity - not just the nation in which they sit. It is foolish, bull-headed, unnecessary, and grotesque to attack cultural sites with no military value in the name of trying to extract some leverage. It is also wholly un-American as a matter of tradition.

That said, if verified intelligence says that a specific site is actually a military target, that's different. Though I think a weighing process should occur, if the site's historical value outweighs the value in removing the military asset(s), then we should resist.

No.. Of course I dont think that we should target such things... But I do believe that what he says is true though.. These folks {terrorist nations} have been known to hide AA guns in Churchas and Hospitals as an example.

No.. Of course I dont think that we should target such things... But I do believe that what he says is true though.. These folks {terrorist nations} have been known to hide AA guns in Churchas and Hospitals as an example.

what are AA guns used for?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom