What happens to the Republican Party now? (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

This guy, IIRC, is a cartoonist for the paper in Salt Lake City. Started out being just repulsed by Trump, but now is repulsed by the entire party.

I'm sure we'll see a return of the pearl clutching, "Well I never!"

Complaints about how unpresidential or unamerican this or that is

Claims of conduct unbecoming an US President

All done without a bit of shame - they seem to have no problem with hypocrisy whatsoever

I'm sure we'll see a return of the pearl clutching, "Well I never!"

Complaints about how unpresidential or unamerican this or that is

Claims of conduct unbecoming an US President

All done without a bit of shame - they seem to have no problem with hypocrisy whatsoever
    I think they'll focus on the VP.

This guy, IIRC, is a cartoonist for the paper in Salt Lake City. Started out being just repulsed by Trump, but now is repulsed by the entire party.

Starting already
    ==========================

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on Thursday took to Twitter to push back against Trump supporters "offended" by President-elect Joe Biden's former campaign manager cursing when talking about GOP lawmakers in a recent interview.

Republicans took aim at incoming deputy chief of staff Jen O'Malley Dillon after she called GOP lawmakers "a bunch of f------" and said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is "terrible" in an interview published by Glamour on Tuesday.................

Hillary Clinton slams Trump supporters 'claiming to be offended' by Biden staffer cursing (msn.com)

To Answer the OP...nothing is going to happen to the Republican Party, there may be some grumbling and a light trickle from the GOP to the Democratic party, but they're going to just brush off and tuck in their "morals" and move on as if none of this happened. Their voters are going to continue to be single issue voters and vote straight "R". And TBH I think it'll get worse, trumpism is just getting started, you're going to see more of the House "carnival sideshow antics" seep into the Senate...it's kind of starting with Tuberville, hell you might even see Senator I. Trump (R) - Florida in a few years. So...yeah, there won't be some sort of GOP "Come to Jesus" moment...all IMO of course.

Last edited:
    Starting already
    ==========================

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on Thursday took to Twitter to push back against Trump supporters "offended" by President-elect Joe Biden's former campaign manager cursing when talking about GOP lawmakers in a recent interview.

Republicans took aim at incoming deputy chief of staff Jen O'Malley Dillon after she called GOP lawmakers "a bunch of f------" and said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is "terrible" in an interview published by Glamour on Tuesday.................

Hillary Clinton slams Trump supporters 'claiming to be offended' by Biden staffer cursing (msn.com)

Like I said in the other thread, the entire Republican strategy can be summed up as "I know you are, but what am I?"

I guess this is about the future of the Republican party...

Pence makes plans to leave the country immediately after overseeing Trump's final loss (dailykos.com)

A week or so later, Pence expects the heat to die down and that both Trump and his frothing, violence-promoting fascist diehards will have gotten the worst of their fury out of their systems and gone back to watching television, so he will sneak back to quietly pretend to be a garden vegetable for his remaining few weeks of office.

This is all likely prelude to a spring- or summer-issued book by Mike Pence in which he explains that Donald Trump is still wonderful and is basically the second coming of Jesus, but that Mike Pence is even better so please keep him in mind for your future Republican Party needs. It will be only a ripple in an ocean of similarly premised Republican pleas for redemption, will have a great number of Bible quotes that Mike Pence has never, ever attempted to put into practice except as campaign materials, and will be absolutely insufferable

I really just wanted to share the quote about Pence pretending to be a garden vegetable.

Carry on.

Just as investors over the years have learned- DJT walks away with millions in license fees, while the investors get to stare at a half-built structure that has no chance of completion.

Former strategist for Mitch McConnell hits the nail on the head. You can't sustain broad appeal by embracing wackos.

Honestly, this. I mean, I'm a "suburbs guy" now and all of this crap is just so crazy that it makes me worry about the economic future of this country. The types of things they push for, the populous reactions makes me worry the system won't make it.

House, White picket fences, two cars, kids in college.. all of that seems to be in doubt down the road. It already has been eroded due to all kinds of unfair tax treatments and other wealth siphoning activities, but following the crazy just takes us to a much much worse place.

Honestly, this. I mean, I'm a "suburbs guy" now and all of this crap is just so crazy that it makes me worry about the economic future of this country. The types of things they push for, the populous reactions makes me worry the system won't make it.

House, White picket fences, two cars, kids in college.. all of that seems to be in doubt down the road. It already has been eroded due to all kinds of unfair tax treatments and other wealth siphoning activities, but following the crazy just takes us to a much much worse place.
    This is what I've been screaming to all the Republicans I know. The peaceful transition of power is the hallmark of the stability of our economic system.

Well, nothing unites like a common enemy, so they'll try to just sweep everything under the rug and rail on ol Sleepy Joe and the Squad for 4 years. At least as far as the politicians go.

I'm more concerned about what happens to the millions of cult followers and how to walk them off the ledge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom