We Need to Talk About Trump's Project 2025 & Trump's Manifesto "Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise" (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

LA - L.A.

Reaction score
    I think Trump's Project 2025 needs it's own thread to make as many people as possible aware of it, how Trump and the people he's surrounded himself with are dead serious about making it happen, and how devastating it will be if we allow Trump to make it happen. These are the various pages on his website which should show Trump means business. Trump's not just wishing or theorizing, he's planning and implementing.

Trump and his minion's home page (the bolding is their's, not mine):

"It is not enough for conservatives to win elections. If we are going to rescue the country from the grip of the radical Left, we need both a governing agenda and the right people in place, ready to carry this agenda out on Day One of the next conservative Administration.​
    This is the goal of the 2025 Presidential Transition Project. The project will build on four pillars that will, collectively, pave the way for an effective conservative Administration."​

Trump's policy agenda page:

"This book is an invitation for you the reader—Mr. Smith, Mrs. Smith, and Ms. Smith—to come to Washington or support those who can. Our goal is to assemble an army of aligned, vetted, trained, and prepared conservatives to go to work on Day One to deconstruct the Administrative State.​
    ...​
    The next conservative President will enter office on January 20, 2025, with a simple choice: greatness or failure. It will be a daunting test, but no more so than every other generation of Americans has faced and passed. The Conservative Promise represents the best effort of the conservative movement in 2023—and the next conservative President’s last opportunity to save our republic."​

Trump's personnel (recruitment/application) page, bolding is mine:

"Please fill out the questionnaire below and upload your resume for inclusion in the Presidential Personnel Database if you would like to be considered for positions in a presidential Administration.​
    Project 2025 is the effort of a massive coalition of conservative organizations that have come together to ensure a successful Administration begins in January 2025. With the right conservative policy recommendations and properly vetted and trained personnel to implement them, we will take back our government. Project 2025 is being organized by The Heritage Foundation."​

Trump's training page:

"The Presidential Administration Academy is a one-of-a-kind educational and skill-building program designed to prepare and equip future political appointees now to be ready on Day One of the next conservative Administration. This academy provides aspiring appointees with the insight, background knowledge, and expertise in governance to immediately begin rolling back destructive policy and advancing conservative ideas in the federal government."​

Trump's first 180 days playbook page:

"The time is short, and conservatives need a plan. The project will create a playbook of actions to be taken in the first 180 days of the new Administration to bring quick relief to Americans suffering from the Left’s devastating policies."​

Trump's playbook, bolding mine (I've downloaded the pdf of their playbook for when Trump eventually pulls it from his website once the backlash really kicks in):

"This book is an invitation for you the reader—Mr. Smith, Mrs. Smith, and Ms. Smith—to come to Washington or support those who can. Our goal is to assemble an army of aligned, vetted, trained, and prepared conservatives to go to work on Day One to deconstruct the Administrative State.​
    ...​
    This is an agenda prepared by and for conservatives who will be ready on Day One of the next Administration to save our country. The Heritage Foundation is once again facilitating this work, but as our dozens of partners and hundreds of authors will attest, this book is the work of the entire conservative movement.​
    ...​
    The next conservative President will enter office on January 20, 2025 ... The Conservative Promise represents the best effort of the conservative movement in 2023—and the next conservative President’s last opportunity to save our republic."​

The link to the 111 groups Trump and his minions have cobbled together in a coalition to help Trump achieve his agenda.

Groups include:​
    • ALEC - the Koch brother's foundation that has written all of the state laws that undermine child labor protection, worker's rights, air and water pollution protections, voter's rights, government assistance programs from those that need the help, and tax codes that made sure the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes.
    • Moms For Liberty - the group leading the charge to ban any book that treats anyone, who is not white, heterosexual, cis and Christian, as being equal and deserving of acceptance, tolerance and respect.
    • National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation - which works for corporations to prevent and bust worker's unions to help corporations pay a non living wage to employees and force them to work under horrible conditions.
    • Tea Party Patriots - the group that is MAGA and has taken control of the Republican party and supports Trump's efforts to stage a coup on Jan 6th so that he could stay in power even though he lost the election.
    • Turning Point USA - run by Charlie Kirk who fully embraces Christian Nationalism and the reducing of women to just being homemakers dedicated only to serving their husbands and their family, in that order

Here are some articles and videos that give an overview of what Trump's Project 2025 plans to do if Trump wins the presidency:

The Heritage Foundation cooked up this plan during the Reagan administration, but Reagan didn't let the Heritage Foundation fully implement it. Trump has claimed it for himself and has made it his plan, because it plays into the ultimate power and control that Trump wants. See the videos below.

No matter how annoying, frustrating, distasteful, or unappealing it may be, either Biden or Trump will be the next president. No one else has a chance at winning the election. If Biden wins, we have issues to solve, but we still have our democracy.

If Trump wins, we lose our democracy and have to fight for our freedom, if we aren't white, Christian, cis, heterosexual men who believe in the divine right of white, Christian, cis, heterosexual men to sit in domination over all others.

The bottom line is this, vote for Biden if you want to preserve our democracy, or don't vote for Biden if you want to chance Trump winning, which would bring an end to our democracy.

That's the grounded-in-reality choice folks, like it or not. Please vote for Biden so that we all have the freedom to live our lives how we want, to argue with each other, and to protest without fear of being imprisoned or "falling" out of window to our death.

This election is not a drill, it's the real deal.

Last edited:
    For what it’s worth
    ==============

Robert F Kennedy Jr, the former independentpresidential candidate who is now on Donald Trump’s presidential transition team, said Trump told him he’s never read Project 2025and thinks the author of the document is “a right-wing a******.”

In an attempt to distance Trump from the 900-page far-right agenda, Kennedy told the All-Inpodcast Friday that Trump had never heard of Project 2025 until Democrats began associating the two together.

“[Trump] brought this issue up to me and he said ‘You know they’re always telling me I’m for Project 2025. I never read Project 2025 until they started accusing me of it’,” Kennedy said.

“[Trump] said, ‘That was written by a right-wing a******’,” Kennedy recounted.

It is unclear who Trump was referring to while speaking with Kennedy. Project 2025 had at least 20 authors and more than 100 contributors.……

This is Trump’s Fool’d Ya gambit of a lifetime, feed his base, while denying to all others hoping to catch some suckers. 🤔

No, he can't. So why the fear campaign?
    Oh my god, why the disenguinty? What if he had a bunch of white supremicist, anarchist militias, anuthoritarian regimes, and Nazis backing him. (Oh wait, he does…) So just because this is his plan, and in your deflection, he could not achieve his distopian empire, so why be fearful? 🙄 I might be tempted to give you a reward for such a nonsenical, self serving argument.

Lying liars telling lies. Although I do think it’s entirely possible Trump never read it. He can’t really read much of anything. But I do think he knows what’s in it. Maybe they made him some flash cards?
    Just like “I don’t know that woman or any Russians.” 🙄

This is what quite a few people who support Trump are saying. They want a dictator. Project 2025 will put us pretty far down that path.

I think folks are forgetting that a dictator doesn't even necessarily have to be a totalitarian type like saddam, Stalin, maduro, Jong un, or even the current transformation into one in putin.

This is an older article that describes these new age authoritarians. I've posted a few in the past how orban is the archetype of these illiberal democratic autocrats. They don't have to be totalitarian, controlling every aspect of their population's lives. Instead, they rig the democratic machinery to give them maximal winning odds while suppressing minority thoughts and lives. They aren't even ideological. Russia before the Ukranian invasion had what russian experts such as Julia ioffe called "managed democracy". Npr's this american life had an in depth story, "the other president" back in 2016 (there is a revised version post ukraine). We have it here in the us with extreme version of gerrymandering (Wisconsin, Tennessee, Texas, etc). I get it that we do have strong constitutional institutions. I believe we are special, but not unique. Democracy is a fragile beast, and it will always be a constant battle to preserve it. My god...how can trump even be considered a viable option? Because a good portion of the populace don't believe in the constitutional ideals. A catch 22 of liberal democracy...allow speech that attacks it.

From the article.
    The new autocrats can do this because they have neither an interest in nor a need for a coherent ideology. Their agenda is to obtain and keep power at any cost. The result is quite different from the political movements that characterized the twentieth century. Fascists and communists challenged democracy based on all-encompassing alternative systems of belief that may have been morally abhorrent but were, at least, internally consistent. Today’s autocrats don’t bother with any of that. Instead of proposing an alternative ideology, they adopt the phraseology of the ideology they are seeking to supplant, debasing it in the process.Rather than do away with elections altogether, the new pseudo-dictators hold pseudo-elections. That is, they hold events that mimic the appearance of a democratic election but that lack the essential elements of free and fair competition through the ballot box. In Nicaragua, President Daniel Ortega did not abolish elections; he merely jailed all his main opponents in the months preceding the election of 2021. In Hungary, parliamentary districts were manipulated to severely underrepresent areas opposed to Orban. And in the United States, Republicans and, to a lesser extent, Democrats have turbocharged the venerable old gerrymander with sophisticated election-mapping software that will make an increasing share of congressional districts noncompetitive.
    Not only are elections debased in this way, but the rule of law is also reliably drained of meaning through the use of pseudo-law. New laws are drafted in ways designed to apply to just one case—invariably undoing a constraint on the power of the leader. Examples abound: in 2001, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi helped change the rules on conflict of interest to exempt his own media ventures; in 2008, Putin evaded term limits by concocting a job swap with his prime minister.
    These autocrats hound independent judges off the bench, intimidate them into silence, or render them powerless through court packing. Tribunals continue to hand down rulings that punctiliously observe all the conventions of normal legal procedure but that have predetermined outcomes based on political grounds. The biggest prize, of course, is the supreme court. Controlling it changes the game. In 2015, a group of Venezuelan legal scholars published an analysis showing that from 2005 to 2013, Chávez’s handpicked supreme court handed down 45,474 rulings, and in every case, it sided with the executive branch. The Duma, the lower house of Russia’s parliament, has exhibited a similar pattern in its dealings with Putin. No law that threatens his power or interests has been passed in two decades.
    Soon, the public sphere is falsified, as well. Twentieth-century autocrats jailed dissenting voices and sent censors into newsrooms. Old-style dictators still behave that way today. The more recent breed of autocrats, however, often seek the same results but through less visible—and more democratic-looking—means. Rather than shut down newspapers and TV networks, they fine them into financial unsustainability or send ostensible private investors (who are in fact government cronies) to buy them outright. Orban’s allies, for example, have bought up and consolidated hundreds of private Hungarian news outlets. For anyone outside a very small, politically savvy circle of observers, it was easy to miss. But the media content gradually changed until it became difficult to distinguish the reporting from the regime’s propaganda. Similar developments have taken place in Egypt, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Montenegro, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, and Venezuela, among other countries.
    Over time, a pseudo-press arises, maintaining all the conventions and outward trappings of independent journalism but none of its substance. The combination of pseudo-elections, pseudo-law, and a pseudo-press yields pseudo-democracy: a system of government that mimics democracy in order to subvert it.

Last edited:
    I can only hope he will, he won't, but I can hope.

I just posted his agenda 47 to you and you still don't believe it's basically the same as project 2025 and you still deny he won't implement his own written plan.

Wow.

No wonder sexual assaulter trump loves the uneducated.

And you hope that sexual assaulter trump will be a dictator and turn this nation into a fascist dictator state?

Wow.

No real and patriotic American who loves our constitutional democratic republic wants what sexual assaulter trump will do to our great nation.

At least you're being honest. That's something new.

I just posted his agenda 47 to you and you still don't believe it's basically the same as project 2025 and you still deny he won't implement his own written plan.

Wow.

No wonder sexual assaulter trump loves the uneducated.

And you hope that sexual assaulter trump will be a dictator and turn this nation into a fascist dictator state?

Wow.

No real and patriotic American who loves our constitutional democratic republic wants what sexual assaulter trump will do to our great nation.

At least you're being honest. That's something new.
    Just one small comment. “Real American” is, imo, a xenophobic primarily RW term. The use of it serves division which is what the RW wants. To me, what was exceptional about the U.S. was that once you were a citizen, you were an American. That being said patriotic comment as well as the rest of your post is spot on.

Typical conservative It’s All About Me bullshirt.

Robert Reich@rbreich@masto.ai
    Project 2025’s income tax plan would raise taxes by $3,000 for the median family of four making about $110,000 a year. It would cut taxes for the 45,000 U.S. households making more than $10 million. It's another trickle-down scam.

Just one small comment. “Real American” is, imo, a xenophobic primarily RW term. The use of it serves division which is what the RW wants. To me, what was exceptional about the U.S. was that once you were a citizen, you were an American. That being said patriotic comment as well as the rest of your post is spot on.
    They’ve completely redefined “patriotic” to be a self serving jerkoff, it’s only being true to your version of how things should be percieved to benefit you, a refusal to acknowledge this a country with 300M+ people with different outlooks and ethninticity. The most ridiculous of this are the MAGA blue collar workers who think the GOP has invited them into the country club, where what binds them in actuality is the white privaledge mentality.🤔

Anyone working as labor is extremely foolish to think that they’ll be better off under conservatives or batshit crazy off the wall MAGA.They’ll gleefully strip your labor contracts, outlaw unions, and get you right where they think you deserve to be.

Project 2025, the blueprint for former President Donald Trump and Republicans' rightwing takeover of the U.S. government, could pose a grave threat to public health by dismantling essential safeguards designed to protect Americans—the air they breathe, the water they drink—from hazardous chemicals.

Here's how Project 2025 threatens to erode protections and do lasting damage to Americans' public health:

Project 2025 proposes downgrading the classification of perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) from "hazardous" to a mere "contaminant." PFAS, known as "forever chemicals," are currently prevalent in everyday materials such as cookware, plastics, and firefighting foams. This change will reverse the U.S. government's April decision to classify certain PFAS as hazardous due to their links to serious health issues like cancer and developmental problems. Lowering their classification will do industry's bidding, leading to reduced safeguards, fewer cleanups, and increased exposure to these dangerous substances.

Their playbook also threatens to eliminate the ability to assess the "cumulative impact" of toxins through the Toxic Substances Control Act. Currently, the U.S. government examines the overall exposure to chemicals from various sources—water, soil, and products. Without this comprehensive approach, it will be nearly impossible to gauge the full extent of harm from multiple sources of toxins, a crucial aspect of understanding and mitigating health risks.

Project 2025 seeks to dismantle the National Weather Service's (NWS) role in educating the public about air quality risks, including ground-level ozone and particulate matter. These pollutants contribute to more than 100,000 premature deaths annually and impose a $150 billion economic burden due to health-related issues. Removing NWS's educational functions only serves to hide the truth, and it will diminish public awareness and preparedness, leading to more preventable health issues.

Finally, Trump's Project 2025 would seek to dismantle precautionary measures for pesticides. The Integrated Risk Information System, which evaluates health risks from chemicals, is at risk of being defunded under Project 2025. This system is critical to assessing the dangers of cancer-causing substances and setting precautionary standards. Eliminating it places chemical companies above humans by removing a crucial tool for protecting public health from toxic chemicals.

These threats come at a time when communities across the U.S. are already struggling with environmental injustices and pollution. We have seen this in the Southside of Tucson, where toxic water contamination has exacerbated the long-term struggles of Latino communities. In Louisiana's "cancer alley," low-income and Black communities have disproportionately borne the brunt of pollution from the oil and gas industry. And in Detroit, underserved communities of color are still battling the decades-long legacy of pollution and poor air quality from the Motor City's automotive manufacturing industry..............

With the Republican presidential ticket led by Donald Trump and his running mate JD Vance recently drawing scrutiny over their answers to questions about how they would address the high cost of childcare in the US, the far-right Project 2025 manifesto offers some suggestions to them.

The plan calls for shifting funding for childcare to in-home family care because it claims children who go to childcare are more likely to suffer from anxiety, depression and neglect.

Project 2025, the Heritage Foundation’s wish-list of policies for a second Trump presidency if he wins November’s election, was written by a number of supporters as well as officials who previously served under the former president. And it calls to defund childcare.

“Prioritize funding for home-based childcare, not universal day care,” the Project 2025 text states. Without evidence, it adds: “Concurrently, children who spend significant time in day care experience higher rates of anxiety, depression, and neglect as well as poor educational and developmental outcomes. Instead of providing universal day care, funding should go to parents either to offset the cost of staying home with a child or to pay for familial, in-home childcare.”

Project 2025 also claims that overtime pay requirements discourage employers from offering benefits such as childcare in a push to scale back overtime pay protections for workers.

Before losing re-election to Joe Biden in 2020, Trump proposed millions of dollars in cuts to federal programs that provide funds to lower childcare costs and cuts to early education programs.…….

It’s a cold day in Washington DC in late January 2025. Though Donald Trump has lost the popular vote for a third consecutive election, his narrow capture of the electoral college has delivered the presidency.

During the campaign, Trump offered some symbolic gestures to distance himself from Project 2025, the Heritage Foundation-led policy blueprint for the next Republican administration, matched with a database of conservative personnel to execute those plans. “Personnel is politics,” they explain.

But with Republicans now holding bare majorities in both chambers of Congress, the gloves come off. As Trump utters the last phrase of the oath of office – “so help me God” – the first phase of what Project 2025’s authors call “the playbook” begins.

First come the firings. Thousands of federal, non-partisan civil servants –environmental and food safety regulators; authorities in disaster relief coordination; attorneys overseeing anti-discrimination policies in housing, education and employment; medical and scientific researchers – receive immediate layoff notices. Many will not be replaced, as entire federal programs and agencies are shuttered.

The new personnel that do arrive come from conservative thinktanks, or are rightwing activists who applied through the Project 2025 application database. Political cronyism is now the official hiring policy of the US federal government.

Next come the roundups. As drafted by the Maga nativist-in-chief Stephen Miller, a broad range of law enforcement, from the national guard to state and local police are deputized for a new deportation army.

Sweeps of neighborhoods and businesses take aim at blue states and cities, but general terror is their intended goal. Detention centers are established on military bases and federal facilities with quick access to airfields to execute mass removals.

Nearly a million lawfully present immigrants are stripped of their legal protections, subjecting them to immediate deportation. An end to Daca and a return of the Muslim ban follow.

In the following months other parts of the agenda unfold. Cuts in corporate taxes so generous they would make the robber barons blush. An end to federal funding for public television and radio that forces many local stations to shutter.

The termination of Head Start programs leaves hundreds of thousands of parents and guardians without preschool or childcare. The elimination of the Department of Education and programs like Title I halt funding and many protections for students with disabilities, English learners and students from low-income households.

Pornography is criminalized. Ditto for abortion rights, emergency contraception and many reproductive health programs. Adiós also to most public sector unions, labor organizing rights and anti-poverty programs.

It can be difficult at times to distinguish the hyperbole of Trump and the Maga movement from actual governing plans. “Build the wall” was always more of a campaign performance and fundraising stunt than a policy blueprint.

But after attending several rightwing conferences and rallies for research in the last year, I have little reason to doubt their intentions this time around.…….

Re: the Civil Service Acts

First of all, I fear that the orange faced lunatic will win. I hope that he, sorry, it, does not but the American electorate has shown itself to be capable of staggering stupidity before.

Does anyone think that the SCOTUS would be any impediment to Trump’s blatant disregard for the law when it comes to civil service? This scenario would either be the SCOTUS agreeing with Project 2025 or ruling against Trump and his Brownshirts which Trump would simply ignore.

I think the only real chance to save the country is not Trump’s defeat in November because that will ignite a firestorm but rather his physical health settling the issue. I most certainly do not expect the Republican Party to do anything because the Republican Party no longer exists.

With the Republican presidential ticket led by Donald Trump and his running mate JD Vance recently drawing scrutiny over their answers to questions about how they would address the high cost of childcare in the US, the far-right Project 2025 manifesto offers some suggestions to them.

The plan calls for shifting funding for childcare to in-home family care because it claims children who go to childcare are more likely to suffer from anxiety, depression and neglect.

Project 2025, the Heritage Foundation’s wish-list of policies for a second Trump presidency if he wins November’s election, was written by a number of supporters as well as officials who previously served under the former president. And it calls to defund childcare.

“Prioritize funding for home-based childcare, not universal day care,” the Project 2025 text states. Without evidence, it adds: “Concurrently, children who spend significant time in day care experience higher rates of anxiety, depression, and neglect as well as poor educational and developmental outcomes. Instead of providing universal day care, funding should go to parents either to offset the cost of staying home with a child or to pay for familial, in-home childcare.”

Project 2025 also claims that overtime pay requirements discourage employers from offering benefits such as childcare in a push to scale back overtime pay protections for workers.

Before losing re-election to Joe Biden in 2020, Trump proposed millions of dollars in cuts to federal programs that provide funds to lower childcare costs and cuts to early education programs.…….

Moms get thee back home where you belong! Then you can get into some home schooling too now that we’re underfunding public schools. 🤔 Although a full time stay home parent in my view is beneficial, the hard reality is that in today’s economy 2 working parents for large numbers of families is a must to keep the family afloat and trying to will parents back home by this kind of change in social economic funding is a mistake.

This was a good article
    ==================

I printed out all 900-plus pages of Project 2025 in February on my home printer, stacking the unwieldy chapters on my desk. Bit by bit, each evening, I read my way through the plans that seek to dramatically alter each federal agency.

Most Americans who know about Project 2025 consume it in bite-size pieces, like Instagram infographics, or see the name on billboards.

They hear politicians, like Vice-President Kamala Harris, mention it on stage – or former president Donald Trump disavow it in TV interviews.

These attempt to neatly distill all the ways the document could upend the US government. For Democrats, Project 2025 has become a buzzword for the 2024 election, a shorthand way to warn voters what could be ahead if Trump wins again in November.

My own consumption of the project was not as piecemeal – I read the full conservative manifesto by the Heritage Foundation and its many rightwing allies. Here’s what I learned from the document and all the controversy surrounding it.

Project 2025’s policy guidebook, Mandate for Leadership, describes an America poisoned by “wokeness” and overtaken by lawlessness and chaos, where conservatives need to seize power immediately – and for as long as possible – to right a sinking ship.

The guide is just one part of the broader plan Project 2025 and Heritage had in mind to dismantle the government, recruit thousands of politically aligned people to staff an incoming Trump administration, and quickly guide the next president into the steps needed to accomplish their preferred policy changes.

Trump has claimed he does not know what it is or who is involved, though he does indeed know many of the people involved. Perhaps more importantly, his policy plans often align with what’s in the project.

By seeking to influence Trump, the project – which counts more than 100 conservative groups as supporters and contributors – probably poisoned Heritage and its allies’ chances of forming part of Trump’s inner circle and potential next administration by claiming it could influence a man who hates to see himself as influenced by others.

Other thinktanks that kept their hands clean of the power struggle could instead become more influential, though it would be difficult, or impossible, to staff thousands of political jobs with people who have no ties to Heritage or Project 2025.

In an ironic turn, given the toxicity of the project to voters, it could cost Trump the election in November…….

As Vance is revealing more and more of his true self-he is utterly without a moral compass. Probably worse than Trump, actually. Remember when people said the next Trump wouldn’t be as lazy and stupid as Trump? But just as evil? I give you Vance…

I guess this can go here. Once again my state, Ohio, is showing that there are no guardrails on the Ohio Assembly. Spending taxpayer dollars to renovate and build private, religious schools.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom