Washington prepares for Biden inauguration on Jan. 20 under pall of potential violence (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    On January 20 at 12:00pm EST, Joe Biden will be sworn in as the 46th president of the United States. And security has never been higher - for fear of violence caused by domestic terrorists and insurrectionists.

That's a great video, with the stack of EO's and Biden just signing them away, without fanfare.
    From the WaPo.

Jen Psaki, the new White House press secretary, noted that the 15 executive actions and two additional agency directives were far more than the two orders Trump signed on his first day four years ago.

I guess we're still going to allow some dunking on Trump.

Of course Tucker can find a way to make all of this sound evil and insidious. It's fine to poke fun at people being over the top. But to take such umbrage about the line regarding fighting white supremacy and other evils.. he twists it into the classic, "you're white, so clearly you're also a supremacist"... so ever republican is a white supremacist now and thus a victim? What the hell? Tucker is off his rocker.

Of course Tucker can find a way to make all of this sound evil and insidious. It's fine to poke fun at people being over the top. But to take such umbrage about the line regarding fighting white supremacy and other evils.. he twists it into the classic, "you're white, so clearly you're also a supremacist"... so ever republican is a white supremacist now and thus a victim? What the hell? Tucker is off his rocker.

Turn that toxic garbage off. Turn on CNN. Everybody's ecstatic. They're going to have Amanda Gorman on soon.

Turn that toxic garbage off. Turn on CNN. Everybody's ecstatic. They're going to have Amanda Gorman on soon.
    I was just taking a peek at their website to see what foxnews' reaction was. Overall was fair. Then the talking heads got on. I mean, Tucker is going all in on this white supremacy apologist thing. So freaking weird.

Most punchable face in media.

I was just taking a peek at their website to see what foxnews' reaction was. Overall was fair. Then the talking heads got on. I mean, Tucker is going all in on this white supremacy apologist thing. So freaking weird.

Most punchable face in media.

I forget what topic it was in but we've had the discussion before. If FOX would drop Carlson/Hannity/Ingraham and their ilk they'd actually be tolerable and centrist. Their news division is more than capable of doing good reporting they just get led around by the nose by the wackos.

The evening program was very well produced and coordinated. Great lineup. The fireworks at the end was the best I’ve ever seen. Started with The Boss and ended with Katie Perry. These usually bore me or lose me some point. This really flowed well. It also helped that I watched on PBS with no commercials.

The evening program was very well produced and coordinated. Great lineup. The fireworks at the end was the best I’ve ever seen. Started with The Boss and ended with Katie Perry. These usually bore me or lose me some point. This really flowed well. It also helped that I watched on PBS with no commercials.

CNN ran it commercial free. Just needed more Foo Fighters if you ask me.

I think that's the context you have to take his comment in. After four years of Donald Trump we've all forgotten what a real statesman sounds like. We've forgotten what it sounds like to have a leader who actually cares.

I'll also say it isn't fair to compare anyone to Barack Obama when it comes to speaking. He's easily one of greatest orators of our time, if not the greatest.

I don't give too much credence to speeches, I am more about the actions (hey, I'm Mexican, I'm jaded :hihi: )... that said:

I agree with taking the context into consideration, but for me it goes beyond listening to wind chimes after 4 years of listening to nails-across-the-blackboard. Biden will never be the orator that Obama is or that Reagan was, but what he said, when he said it, I get why Wallace would say what he said about the speech.

I don't give too much credence to speeches, I am more about the actions (hey, I'm Mexican, I'm jaded :hihi: )... that said:

I agree with taking the context into consideration, but for me it goes beyond listening to wind chimes after 4 years of listening to nails-across-the-blackboard. Biden will never be the orator that Obama is or that Reagan was, but what he said, when he said it, I get why Wallace would say what he said about the speech.

Four years ago, eight years ago, twelve years ago I'd have said, and did say, Joe Biden's time had passed with regards to being president. Today I have to agree with what his grandchildren apparently told him to convince him to run: Now is your time. I struggle to think of another person more suited to be president at this moment in time.

Everything about his life and what he's experienced feels like it's led to this point. Losing a wife and child, his decades of congressional experience, two terms as vice-president, losing another child. It's hard to imagine someone more capable of empathizing with our current state as a nation or someone more capable of being a bridge between both sides.

I'm 7 miles from DC and heard those fireworks clearly. Looked like they were able to set them off lower because there weren't any people on the mall maybe? They looked a lot better than the typical 4th of July fireworks, which are nothing to sneeze at.

The Bernie photoshops are great.

1611201614678.png

1611201572894.png

1611201649381.png

1611201667385.png

1611201722983.png

The Bernie memes almost deserve their own thread. I love it. I also didn’t realize it’s the same jacket from his “asking you again” meme

The Bernie memes almost deserve their own thread. I love it. I also didn’t realize it’s the same jacket from his “asking you again” meme

Someone please photoshop the gun from those memes into the Endymion meme.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom