U.S. Has Killed al-Baghadi *also killed ISIS spokesperson today* (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

What are you trying to accomplish with this questioning?
    Having a discussion on biases and how we go about making sure that our own biases aren't clouding our perception of others.
    I would say step 2 is not being condescending to those who disagree with you assessments. Surely you aren’t ready to move to step 2.
    Please point out what you perceive as condescension, so that I can explain how I was being sincere. I'm not disagreeing with anyone. I've only been asking questions.
    Besides, this has nothing to do with NPR, cnn, cbs, nyt all being biased...
    Our own biases influence our perceptions of the biases of others. Any time we claim others are biased, our own biases become a relevant part of the conversation.
    ...even though the networks and folks on your side of the isle claim they are impartial.
    You have mistakenly assumed that I'm on a "side" and that I've made any claims about impartiality.

74895985_466849517522810_3462226742792421376_o.jpg

Late in the Roman Empire the Praetorian Guard selected the new emperor and usually killed them when they got tired of the guy they picked.

And guys lined up for the job.

I can't imagine ISIS leader is anywhere near the perk level of Roman Emperor but I am sure someone, somewhere is thanking his lucky stars for the opportunity to possibly meet some US service members and their friendly canine companions.

Here's the bottom line:

1572356647297.png

Good riddance.

For every one of those, how many of these?

And as long as we keep on doing the latter, there will always be a former.

Again, next man up.

For every one of those, how many of these?

And as long as we keep on doing the latter, there will always be a former.

Again, next man up.
    So, we sit on our hands, do nothimg, and take on the mantle of self-loathing Americans?

No. I'm a son of Stephen Decatur. Let the Barbary pirates take notice - we are coming for you!

If you use one (or even some) of a news source’s articles by itself, you can claim any news source is biased any way you want. The Washington Post — you know, the one the right says is liberally biased — has run multiple negative / smear stories against Warren and Sanders. The NYT has done the same. Fox News has run things critical of Trump or McConnell or Republicans. It happens.

Writing/running a negative article is not example of a ideological bias. One sentence in an article of scores isn’t either. It takes much more than that to make a source biased.

Would a good example be using footage that is edited to look like a war zone, when it isn’t?

So, we sit on our hands, do nothimg, and take on the mantle of self-loathing Americans?

No. I'm a son of Stephen Decatur. Let the Barbary pirates take notice - we are coming for you!

Self-loathing? Stop being dramatic.

As long as we keep on bombing farmers and schools and stuff in the M.E. while not only looking the other way but even supporting what Saudi Arabia and Israel do, all while clashing with Iran over them kicking us out and the dictator we propped for decades, there will always be a Bin Laden or a Baghadi to kill.

Would a good example be using footage that is edited to look like a war zone, when it isn’t?
    If it is found out that the one(s) who edited the footage worked for the same company that aired it, yes perhaps. If it was edited before the company acquired it, then no -- that's just lazy vetting.

OK
    Listening to the UNBIASED (lol) NPR today, I was surprised they didn’t lavish the president with praise as they did Obama. Instead they admonished him for taking control of the oil and spiking the ball.
    you are obviously a fan of the station, so I understand your desire for them to be perceived as unbiased.
    Funny that you make it out as ok because the sentences were long and complex.
    Ward you are trying hard, but if you can’t see the biases in the article you posted, I’m not sure you will ever see it. Maybe you just picked a bad article to make your point. I hate for this to be your sharpiegate (I’m joking with you don’t get upset)

And be honest, you didn’t even realize the comment about the impeachment would be seen as biased and thought this article was a good example of unbiased coverage. It’s ok to admit it.
    Slow down big boy.
    He doesn’t normally have off days this bad. I will not argue with him after tonight for a while. My man is going to be bringing heat after this. 15 sources, pie charts, bar graphs and at least 4 different spreadsheets to say Mayor Pete is likable.

Ward, I say this with 100% jovial camaraderie.
    I am not a news media outlet homie.

If it is found out that the one(s) who edited the footage worked for the same company that aired it, yes perhaps. If it was edited before the company acquired it, then no -- that's just lazy vetting.

You say lazy vetting, I say it was purposefully pushed through.

You say lazy vetting, I say it was purposefully pushed through.
    And where is the evidence of this? You're saying the editors knew it was fake and ran it anyway? Do you think they're that dumb to grab a video off the internet, edit it to affect the coloring/shadow, and cropping, then run it as something else knowing the original is still on the internet for anyone else to see? If you think it was purposeful, you have to believe they're really that dumb.

And where is the evidence of this? You're saying the editors knew it was fake and ran it anyway? Do you think they're that dumb to grab a video off the internet, edit it to affect the coloring/shadow, and cropping, then run it as something else knowing the original is still on the internet for anyone else to see? If you think it was purposeful, you have to believe they're really that dumb.

I work for a large company. We have multiple layers to prevent a team member from compromising the integrity of our brand.

If things are so lax at a network like cbs to not have multiple layers in place to prevent something like this from happening, it would happen more often. So how did this 1 get through?

No I don’t think they are dumb at all. They think we are and they assumed they would get away with it. Or they calculated that the initial story would be more impactful than the blip the correction was given.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom