Twitter swings the ban hammer at Project Veritas (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

nolaspe

Reaction score

Project Veritas has been known to use deceptive practices and spread misinformation in attempts to expose what it views as “corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud, and other misconduct” from liberal organizations or individuals. In September, Stanford University and University of Washington researchers wrote that a Project Veritas video alleging voter fraud with unidentified sources was what a “a domestic, coordinated elite disinformation campaign looks like in the United States.”

I think we established you're getting far too personal with some folks here. The rest are just your assertions regardless of what was said to you.

Oh, and there is no way you're 30. I'd venture a guess closer to 50-60.

Well, no, I'm not 30. I'm forty. Where did you get thirty from?

Well, no, I'm not 30. I'm forty. Where did you get thirty from?
    1613430393739.png

I think we established you're getting far too personal with some folks here. The rest are just your assertions regardless of what was said to you.

Oh, and there is no way you're 30. I'd venture a guess closer to 50-60.

I'm not 30. I'm 40, just turned last month. Where did you get 30 from?

Holy smokes, I haven't heard this one in ages. I thought it fell out of the internet wacko lexicon years ago. Has he brought up Jordan Peterson being a genius yet? I'll admit I've ignored 90% of what he's posted since he called affirmative action systemic racism.

It was in response to a poster who suggested I might be an evil misogynist. LOL! I don't recall saying that affirmative action was an example of systemic racism. I'm pretty sure I wrote that affirmative action is an example of institutional racism. I don't see how that can be denied.

It was in response to a poster who suggested I might be an evil misogynist. LOL! I don't recall saying that affirmative action was an example of systemic racism. I'm pretty sure I wrote that affirmative action is an example of institutional racism. I don't see how that can be denied.

Well, there is the systemic racism of affirmative action in many states.

Well, then, I'm definitely in error for writing that. The first time, I made a distinction between systemic racism and institutional racism relative to affirmative action, which, of course is not systemic racism. Brain fart. Good look out.

Feels like the ban hammer is going to get swung at someone around here pretty soon, if they can't stop attacking everyone left, right, and center. Well, left, left, and left.

See, 'they' works perfectly well in that kind of sentence.

Someone . . . they is colloquially acceptable, but, formally, he or that someone is better. ;)

Oh, for crying out loud! The point was that in those instances when the gender of the antecedent is unknown, he is the historical standard and, in my opinion, the only sensible standard. Period. One does not use it or they in sentences like:

Somebody left his milk on the counter.​
    Which student crapped his pants?​
    Lefty is known for his duplicity.​

Better? It wasn't even I who made a big deal out of the matter in the first place. One of you lefties got your feminist panites all in a wade becuse I don't use the feminist she or the awkward he/she. LMAO! I don't go around throwing hissy fits because someone uses she or he/she in the above. Such petty bs wouldn't even occur to me.
    I asked my wife who has a masters in English about your above sentences. She said there is a divide on the use of their in those sentences since their is used for plural references. She said Oxford says his/her should be used while Meriam Webster says their should be used. It is even happening at the academic level for papers with APA saying one thing and other guides/orgs saying the other.
    She said most teachers and professors won’t mark it wrong since there is so much confusion.

I asked my wife who has a masters in English about your above sentences. She said there is a divide on the use of their in those sentences since their is used for plural references. She said Oxford says his/her should be used while Meriam Webster says their should be used. It is even happening at the academic level for papers with APA saying one thing and other guides/orgs saying the other.
    She said most teachers and professors won’t mark it wrong since there is so much confusion.
    he knows 'they' is acceptable, he's just using the pronoun thing as a distraction since he's 0-fer in every other discussion

nevermind - looks like the grammar allied forces got him

Saying America is systemically racist is delusional rubbish. Pointing to the institutional and societal racism of the past does not make that case against the America of today, indeed, against the America of the last 40 to 50 years!

That can be inferred only if you can show and, preferably, explain the "transition". Things tend to persist unless they are changed. Since I have no idea what you're basing your "rubbish" observation on, let's look at some actual data. Here are a few ways in which the U.S. has persisted in or become more institutionally racist over the last 40-50 years: imprisonment, voter disenfranchisement, housing and lending discrimination, environmental racism. I recommend the Wikipedia article as it provides a decent overview and has lots and lots of references.

Let's go back to 1970, your 50 year mark. It was around this time that U.S. incarceration rates began to skyrocket, driven by the launch of the war on drugs, exacerbated by mandatory minimums, already rampant racial profiling and 3-strikes you're out policies. This chart should help: https://www.nap.edu/read/18613/chapter/4#35. Black men in 2010 were six times more likely to be incarcerated that whites; the rate was 5 times in 1960. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/09/06/incarceration-gap-between-whites-and-blacks-widens/

From incarceration, many other problems flow: felon disenfranchisement, higher divorce rates and more single parent families, drastically reduced employment opportunities,

Even though African Americans and Whites use drugs at the same rates, "from 1995 to 2005, African Americans comprised approximately 13 percent of drug users but 36% of drug arrests and 46% of those convicted for drug offenses." What's really interesting about this discrepancy is that none of the top 10 worst states in this regard are in the South. See Table 3 in the link below.

There is a crapload of social science research on these topics. It is ignorant and blinkered, not to mention intellectually dishonest, to try to just wave it away.

I don't understand why some people have such a viscerally dismissive reaction to the notion that systemic, institutional racism persists in this country. I see it on a lot of conservative forums. It's as though people take it personally; but it's not an inditement of individual whites. I'm white and I didn't write the forking mandatory minimum laws or support the war on drugs. But I am culpable of a sin of omission if I ignore it or pretend it doesn't exist.

You're right. There's no reason to take lefties seriously. They're slogan spouters, historically and politically illiterate.

Now you're just spewing ad hominem attacks and deflecting. Come on, I see glimpses of your ability to engage in meaningful dialogue. Match them with will.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom