Video Trump's behavior during National Anthem at Superbowl party (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Saintamaniac

Rise Sons of the Gold & Purple
    Reaction score
    I'm pretty surprised that it's been almost two weeks and this hasn't been posted. During the NFL Player protest of the national anthem, a number of posters took their protest of the national anthem as a protest against the flag when players themselves stated otherwise. Video has surfaced showing the trump during the national anthem of the NCAA National Championship Superbowl game being very disrespectful to the anthem and the flag while others around him stood silently at attention with their hands over their hearts giving the proper respect to the playing of the national anthem. My question is to the people who were completely adamant against the players protesting. What are your thoughts on trump doing the very thing that he accused the players of doing. He made the comment that if the players couldn't respect the flag then maybe they should leave this country. So now, what do you have to say about this? I really hope that this does not result in a cricket type thread.

Last edited:
    I'm pretty surprised that it's been almost two weeks and this hasn't been posted. During the NFL Player protest of the national anthem, a number of posters took their protest of the national anthem as a protest against the flag when players themselves stated otherwise. Video has surfaced showing the trump during the national anthem of the NCAA National Championship game being very disrespectful to the anthem and the flag while others around him stood silently at attention with their hands over their hearts giving the proper respect to the playing of the national anthem. My question is to the people who were completely addiment against the players protesting. What are your thoughts on trump doing the very thing that he accused the players of doing. He made the comment that if the players couldn't respect the flag then maybe they should leave this country. So now, what do you have to say about this? I really hope that this does not result in a cricket type thread.

This video is from a Super Bowl party at Maralargo.

Is there a video of him in the dome too?

Well this didn't turn out as expected lol

All he has to do is change a few words and it is about an actual thing that happened a couple of days ago.

At worst, the only thing that is misrepresented in the OP is the Superdome.

All he has to do is change a few words and it is about an actual thing that happened a couple of days ago.

At worst, the only thing that is misrepresented in the OP is the Superdome.
    Which would totally misrepresent his original intention.
    Fairly obvious that the OP didn't read what he posted.

As a social experiment I would appreciate seeing what the line is for his followers to actually hold him to account

Of course I don’t want to see that in real life bc there is every chance that there is no bottom, and they would continue following him into whatever dystopian future he could happen upon

Which would totally misrepresent his original intention.
    Fairly obvious that the OP didn't read what he posted.

My assumption was that the original intent was “What do you think about this video of the President disrespecting the National anthem?”

Now, I’ll admit, he literally (almost) said, “What do you think about this video of this video of the President disrespecting the national anthem at the NCAA game in the Superdome?”

I just don’t consider the event and location the most meaningful part of the discussion.

This is meta-thread discussion though. Hopefully everything gets corrected and we can move on. Same to you Iowa.

Last edited:
    Hey yeah, egg on my face. I watched the video. I got the location wrong. It wasn't the CFB Championship in New Orleans. It was at a Superbowl party. So I guess the fact that he was making an arse of himself is totally irrelevant to the fact that he criticized NFL players for protesting and claimed they were being disrespectful to the flag while he himself was doing the very same thing he accused others of doing. Not only that, several posters, and you know who you are, were pretty damn adamant that players protesting were disrespectful to the anthem and flag.

Well this didn't turn out as expected lol
    In a way, it actually did. I figured that at least one trump supporter would find a way to completely look past the content to avoid commenting on something that glaringly illustrate the hypocrisy of both trump and some of the people who bend over backwards to justify his actions.

There's been some discussion in the Trump Tracker thread. Starts at this post:

Not only that, several posters, and you know who you are, were pretty damn adamant that players protesting were disrespectful to the anthem and flag.

I'll jump in... I stated on the other thread that I was disappointed in Trump for his actions... That said... This is no where near close to what Kaepernick did... They don;t even come close to it...

ANd I missed this from the other thread.

So you’re saying if the video had been of Kaepernick doing the exact same thing at a private party, you would be just a tad bit disappointed, and question the motives of the person who recorded it?

I tagged you because I really was expecting that you would take this opportunity to show some consistency.

You know that you would be melting down if this was Kaepernick. It’s insulting that you’d think lying about it would fool any of us.

My whole thing has been all along.. Kaepernick could do anything that he wanted on his own private time.. IF Kap had did this at a private party I would just Say that's Kap for ya...

But let not try to even compare these two.. They are not even within the same solar system close.

Trump was being a jerk and he disappointed me..ANd it was a little disrespectful imho. But he did NOT sit for the Anthem.. He did NOT protest against the Flag. He was just being a jerk.

Just like I brought JAyZ and Beyounce couldnt; stand for the Anthem at the Superbowl.. Hell, this was the guy that hires the Superbowl halftime shows... Paid by the NFL...

I have maintained that Kaepernick could have protested in the street in front of his house.. That is his right.. But when he protests on the Sideline of an NFL in Uniform for an Owner and fans that of that team that may not have the same political view as him, then he has stepped over his own personal rights to intrude upon the rights of others. Especially those that pay for a ticket and TV subscription.

Now,, Do we want to talk about Trump, Kaepernick, Cops, Gun violence or Flag Etiquette... Lets pick the reason for this thread and go from there. Because I have done started my thoughts on Trump.

I'll jump in... I stated on the other thread that I was disappointed in Trump for his actions... That said... This is no where near close to what Kaepernick did... They don;t even come close to it...

ANd I missed this from the other thread.

My whole thing has been all along.. Kaepernick could do anything that he wanted on his own private time.. IF Kap had did this at a private party I would just Say that's Kap for ya...

But let not try to even compare these two.. They are not even within the same solar system close.

Trump was being a jerk and he disappointed me..ANd it was a little disrespectful imho. But he did NOT sit for the Anthem.. He did NOT protest against the Flag. He was just being a jerk.

Just like I brought JAyZ and Beyounce couldnt; stand for the Anthem at the Superbowl.. Hell, this was the guy that hires the Superbowl halftime shows... Paid by the NFL...

I have maintained that Kaepernick could have protested in the street in front of his house.. That is his right.. But when he protests on the Sideline of an NFL in Uniform for an Owner and fans that of that team that may not have the same political view as him, then he has stepped over his own personal rights to intrude upon the rights of others. Especially those that pay for a ticket and TV subscription.

Now,, Do we want to talk about Trump, Kaepernick, Cops, Gun violence or Flag Etiquette... Lets pick the reason for this thread and go from there. Because I have done started my thoughts on Trump.

You expect us you to believe that the beef you have with Ka protest was because you are taking a stand for employer rights?

That is what you just told us. Relying on ridiculous rationalizations opens you up to people’s assumptions about your true motivation.

Bringing up Jay-Z and Beyoncé in this context only makes it more likely that you are going to feel victimized by how people respond. It amazes me that you don’t already realize this.

It seems to me that you are expecting me to believe you when you claim you care about disrespecting the anthem or flag, until the president, a white man who you seem to defend at all costs, is disrespectful during the anthem or dry humps the flag. Then you suddenly claim it is about protesting on the company dime.

You may not intend to call me a moron, but it sure feels that way.

Please keep that in mind if you feel like I have called you a racist.

Hey yeah, egg on my face. I watched the video. I got the location wrong. It wasn't the CFB Championship in New Orleans. It was at a Superbowl party. So I guess the fact that he was making an arse of himself is totally irrelevant to the fact that he criticized NFL players for protesting and claimed they were being disrespectful to the flag while he himself was doing the very same thing he accused others of doing. Not only that, several posters, and you know who you are, were pretty damn adamant that players protesting were disrespectful to the anthem and flag.

In a way, it actually did. I figured that at least one trump supporter would find a way to completely look past the content to avoid commenting on something that glaringly illustrate the hypocrisy of both trump and some of the people who bend over backwards to justify his actions.

There's a difference between acting the fool during the anthem at a superbowl party and acting a fool during the live anthem at the game.

I am not saying I think Kap was acting like a fool and I'm not excusing the POTUS for being an hypocrite, but live music and in person are not the same as playing over the TV.

There's a difference between acting the fool during the anthem at a superbowl party and acting a fool during the live anthem at the game.

I am not saying I think Kap was acting like a fool and I'm not excusing the POTUS for being an hypocrite, but live music and in person are not the same as playing over the TV.
    You're right and I'll concede that point with this small caveat. Keep in mind that one person was a football player and the other is the president of America, leader of the free world and criticized people for doing exactly what he was doing.

You're right and I'll concede that point with this small caveat. Keep in mind that one person was a football player and the other is the president of America, leader of the free world and criticized people for doing exactly what he was doing.

I agree. I may have said it inartfully, but that's the point I was attempting to make.

Whether you think it’s disrespectful or not, it does call judgement into question. I don’t really care about his behavior during the anthem, but what was he thinking? He had to see his wife and son standing respectfully with hands over hearts. Did it not occur to him that he may want to model the behavior he expects from others?

just shows bad judgement on his part as a best case, and total hypocrisy as a worst case.

Whether you think it’s disrespectful or not, it does call judgement into question. I don’t really care about his behavior during the anthem, but what was he thinking? He had to see his wife and son standing respectfully with hands over hearts. Did it not occur to him that he may want to model the behavior he expects from others?

just shows bad judgement on his part as a best case, and total hypocrisy as a worst case.
    I would argue his judgment I fine in this regards
    He is the exemplar of failing upwards
    He has failed at pretty much everything except the first few seasons of his reality show and has not only avoided consequences, he’s been rewarded for every failure
    Additionally, he must now know that he is the avatar of ***holes. Not only does he get away with this, I think he realizes boorishness is required of him - he must continue living out his worst life, so that his legion can continue to build their defenses of their own emotionally stunted shortcomings

That’s a much darker view. I hope it’s not the case, and it’s just his narcissism on display. He couldn’t stand that people were not paying attention to him and acted like a child trying to get attention. 🤞🏻

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom