Trump VP selection process begins (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Vance had evidently provided an actual police report about a missing cat. So reporters followed up. Cat was found safe in the old lady’s own basement.

well since he admitted he made shirt up he can be sued just like his Hitler did.

well since he admitted he made shirt up he can be sued just like his Hitler did.
    The whole thing played out in a few days in August. Long before he started lying about it. I also read on Twitter that both Trump and Vance were informed by September 9 that there was no truth to the rumor that Haitians were eating pets, which was the day before the debate where Trump blurted it out to a national audience. I don’t know the source of that claim, but it tracks with the entire episode. It should be totally disqualifying for both men.

Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) has been on the defensive for more than a week after repeating baseless claims that immigrants living in a small Ohio city were stealing and eating local animals. His efforts to pivot the story into one that’s politically advantageous are clumsy, in part because the reality is so stark: Vance, someone attuned to the right’s online conversations, was quick to amplify the anti-immigrant rumors circulating among supporters of Donald Trump. Threats against people and facilities in the city of Springfield followed.

One way in which the Republican vice-presidential nominee has consistently attempted to rationalize his claims is by leveraging his position as the state’s junior senator.

“Why have I talked about some of the things that I have been talking about?” Vance said in response to a question posed on CNN on Sunday. “Let me just say this: My constituents have brought approximately a dozen separate concerns to me. Ten of them are verifiable and confirmable, and a couple of them I talk about because my constituents are telling me firsthand that they’re seeing these things.”

It should not escape notice that there is a difference between “verifiable” and “verified,” between “confirmable” and “confirmed.”

The implication is that he is privy to nonpublic information that informs his views. You can see how this is useful: He can claim that he knows more than his interlocutor. But there’s no reason to think he does, in large part because the evidence he presents so often takes the form of unsubstantiated — and later debunked — rumors circulating on the internet.

Consider his initial social media post about the rumors centered on Springfield. It came the morning of Sept. 9, as the right-wing conversation was giddily promoting unsourced or misconstrued snippets aimed at suggesting that immigrants from Haiti were stealing pet cats and hunting local geese.

Vance noted that he’d raised the issue of housing in Springfield a few months earlier. Then, he wrote, “Reports now show that people have had their pets abducted and eaten by people who shouldn’t be in this country.”

There were no such “reports” beyond the claims circulating on the internet. One was a fourth-hand report on Facebook of a stolen cat that was no more than a rumor. Another focused on a photo of a random Black man in a different city. A third looped in a story about an American woman eating a cat in a different part of the state. But notice what Vance doesn’t offer: evidence that he’d heard reports from actual constituents................

After that video of Vance boarding a plane with a dog and holding the leash like he’s never held a leash before, people were suspicious of him actually owning said dog. Well, they were right. He is so weird.

After that video of Vance boarding a plane with a dog and holding the leash like he’s never held a leash before, people were suspicious of him actually owning said dog. Well, they were right. He is so weird.

Sooooo that dog that appeared in his Zoom call a few months back, wasn't his dog either?

Judas K. Priest. What the flock is wrong with this guy?

Judas K. Priest. What the flock is wrong with this guy?

Are we in some kind of Andy Kaufman skit writ large? Like someone decided to have one party just say out loud the awful things they're really thinking and the shallow manipulations they engage in.

"Later, I will eat a...::checks notes:: 'hot dish' to make it seem I have some clue about the Midwest. On the way I've instructed my driver to run over any n*****s we chance across. We'll have them later at the long pig barbe...Jesus man, is none of this getting through to you? What the everloving fork will it TAKE?!?! We've EVIL, INCOMPETENT for the love of God TELL THEM."

7nqxxagomcqd1.png.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom