Trump VP selection process begins (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

The GOP is just the Ku Klux Keystone Kops. It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed as an American to have the clueless rubes represent me.
    Here is my take on this

If it’s true that a dozen eggs were $1.50 when Biden was inaugurated they’ve doubled in price

Why not just run with that?

You couldn’t tell the exact same story, making the exact same point to the exact same effect saying “eggs doubled in price on her watch”?

“Eggs, when Kamala Harris took office, were short of $1.50 a dozen. Now a dozen eggs will cost you around $3 Thanks to Kamala Harris’s inflationary policies…..”

Why eggs went up and to what extent the president is responsible much less the vice president is a different debate.

But it would be a fact that eggs cost twice as much as they used to

Does $4 a dozen carry that much more weight than $3?

All that to ask “Why lie, (so stupidly at that) when the truth would do?”

of course another stupid lie. I guess he forgot about the egg shortages and How you were limited to 1 dozen eggs at a time and sometimes could not find them.

YearAverage price (Eggs)Inflation adjusted price (2024 dollars)
    2024$3.20 (latest available value)$3.20
    2023$2.80$2.86
    2022$2.86$2.97
    2021$1.67$2.30
    2020$1.51$2.16
    2019$1.40$2.09
    2018$1.74$2.34
    2017$1.47$2.19
    2016$1.68$2.27
    2015$2.47$2.63
    2014$2.02$2.53
    2013$1.91$2.60
    2012$1.84$2.58
    2011$1.77$2.56
    2010$1.66$2.62
    2009$1.66$2.67
    2008$1.99$2.72
    2007$1.68$2.62
    2006$1.31$2.64
    2005$1.22$2.58
    2004$1.34$2.45
    2003$1.24$2.41
    2002$1.03$2.28
    2001$0.93$2.08
    2000$0.91$2.11
    1999$0.96$2.28
    1998$1.04$2.34
    1997$1.06$2.31
    1996$1.11$2.37
    1995$0.92$2.34
    1994$0.86$2.30
    1993$0.91$2.37
    1992$0.86$2.42
    1991$0.99$2.49
    1990$1.01$2.49
    1989$1.00$2.57
    1988$0.79$2.57
    1987$0.78$2.61
    1986$0.87$2.73
    1985$0.80$2.69
    1984$1.00$2.81
    1983$0.89$2.79
    1982$0.87$2.83
    1981$0.90$2.86
    1980$0.84$2.90

Here is my take on this

If it’s true that a dozen eggs were $1.50 when Biden was inaugurated they’ve doubled in price

You couldn’t tell the exact same story, making the exact same point to the exact same effect saying “eggs doubled in price on her watch”?

Why eggs went up and to what extent the president is responsible much less the vice president is a different debate.

Just more incompetence. They can't even lie like professionals.

someone should ask Vance that if the allegations against Robinson were just a made up story to draw attention to plight of certain Americans if that's okay

Here is my take on this

Yup, I agree.....but their strategy is to grossly exaggerate everything because they know their base will believe.....I hope they keep this up because their cult following alone isn't going to win them the election.....

Yup, I agree.....but their strategy is to grossly exaggerate everything because they know their base will believe.....I hope they keep this up because their cult following alone isn't going to win them the election.....
    And some cult members end up leaving their cults. There are a lot of former cult members in the world, Leah Remini for instance.

JD Vance suffered yet another embarrassing set back on the campaign trail, after being denied entry to a restaurant where he was supposed to speak – and being forced to address supporters in the parking lot instead.

According to reports, after showing up to Primanti Bros in North Versailles, Pennsylvania, a restaurant worker told the press that cameras were not allowed and that they did not want a “campaign event.”

The restaurant was reportedly full of customers waiting to greet Vance, who canceled their food orders after learning he wasn’t welcome.

Vance ended up glad-handing in the parking lot outside, according to NBC.

“We paid for everyone’s food, we gave them a nice tip, and of course when I gave a nice tip I said ‘no taxes on tip,” Vance told those gathered. He added: “don’t hold it against [the restaurant worker] it’s a great local business, let’s keep on supporting it.”……….

JD Vance suffered yet another embarrassing set back on the campaign trail, after being denied entry to a restaurant where he was supposed to speak – and being forced to address supporters in the parking lot instead.

According to reports, after showing up to Primanti Bros in North Versailles, Pennsylvania, a restaurant worker told the press that cameras were not allowed and that they did not want a “campaign event.”

The restaurant was reportedly full of customers waiting to greet Vance, who canceled their food orders after learning he wasn’t welcome.

Vance ended up glad-handing in the parking lot outside, according to NBC.

“We paid for everyone’s food, we gave them a nice tip, and of course when I gave a nice tip I said ‘no taxes on tip,” Vance told those gathered. He added: “don’t hold it against [the restaurant worker] it’s a great local business, let’s keep on supporting it.”……….

This is just gross incompetence or rank arrogance. You don’t just do a campaign event at a private place of business without doing some advance planning.

This is just gross incompetence or rank arrogance. You don’t just do a campaign event at a private place of business without doing some advance planning.
    And the restaurant about to under go a MAGA backlash which at best is boycott and online lies and abuse and worse vandalism, doxxing etc

It's broadly more dumb or self-entitled than just campaign events. You don't ever show up at a location for any kind of event without first getting permission and coordinating with whoever owns or manages the location.

Bolding mine. There is zero chance that is what he meant when he said creating stories
    ============

When Donald Trump tapped JD Vance, the US senator and never-Trumper turned Maga superstar, as his vice-presidential pick, the Rust belt populist was in for a rude awakening.

In a viral video, the Democratic vice-presidential candidate Tim Walz called Vance and the Maga movement “just weird”, an insult that quickly became a meme.

The reintroduction of his past remarks on the impropriety of “childless cat ladies” being involved in government spread almost as fast as an online joke about the Ohioan having intimate relations with a couch.

Other viral videos of Vance struggling to make small talk and awkwardly laughing at himself during campaign events seemed to give the impression of an unserious candidate.

The Hillbilly Elegy author and former Silicon Valley investor appeared to lack the charisma of his running mate, and for much of the summer, pundits wondered whether Trump regretted his pick.

But Vance has powered through, holding swing state rallies, stumping at fundraisers and appearing frequently in combative interviews on popular – and not always friendly – TV news shows.

On the campaign trail, Vance thrives in elevating Trump’s most combative campaign tactics, in particular, demonizing immigrants, discrediting the press and effectively riling up the crowd on both topics.

“Journalism in this country is increasingly a disgrace,” said Vance, complaining during a 23 September campaign stop in North Carolina about reporters investigating his claims that Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio, had stolen and eaten residents’ family pets.

In Traverse City, Michigan, two days later, he called for the deportation of “millions of illegal aliens”, blaming Kamala Harris for letting them into the country.

To many Trump supporters, the Ohio senator’s hardcore nativist message and populist record make him an effective messenger for the campaign’s biggest issues: immigration and the economy.

Just how effective he is with a wider audience will be put to the test during the vice-presidential debate on Tuesday……..

In Wisconsin on 17 September, Vance waved away a question about his apparent tendency to “create stories”, saying that he meant he wanted to “create stories” in the sense of making news, and not to create stories as in, making stuff up. It was the media’s fault, not his, for misunderstanding him.

During a Q&A session with the press in front of the crowd, a reporter asked Vance: “You say you have a responsibility to share what your constituents tell you, but do you also have a responsibility to factcheck them first?” Vance pounced.

“Well, I think the media has a responsibility to factcheck the residents!” Vance said, drawing a cheer of approval from the hundreds who had turned out to hear him speak.

He also seemed to reject journalists’ attempts to factcheck him, saying reporters who travelled to Ohio to investigate alleged reports about Haitian immigrants were “not seeking the truth” but rather “bullying”……..

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom