Trump VP selection process begins (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

............During his 2024 VP search, Trump had told some of his confidants that one factor that was important to him was that his veep pick had a record of forcefully and publicly backing Trump's claims that the 2020 presidential election was "stolen" for Biden, according to two sources with knowledge of the matter. (The 2020 election was not stolen, and Trump and Republicans are currently campaigning on a platform of cementing those blatantly authoritarian lies into public policy.)

Trump, the sources add, relished that Vance endorsed the lie that the 2020 election was rigged and that the senator had criticized then-Vice President Mike Pence's decision to not help Trump steal the election. Trump has also privately lauded Vance for saying earlier this year that he was "skeptical" that Pence was ever in any real physical danger during the Jan. 6 Capitol riot that Trump had whipped up.

It was just one of numerous instances in which Vance had demonstrated - as a lawmaker and as a habitual Trump defender - that if he were picked as Trump's second-in-command, he would not waver or attempt to constrain his boss in such wildly scandalous or corrupt circumstances.

And to the so-called "ultra-MAGA" set who advise Trump and proliferate his possible government-in-waiting, that is one of Vance's greatest qualifications - and as clear a sign as any that a second term would promise an even more radically unleashed Donald Trump.

"Choosing Sen. Vance is something you do when you want total victory and total control, not if you want fake unity," says a Trump ally who speaks to the former president frequently. "He's who you pick if you want to fight, instead of surrendering to those who are going to try to sabotage your administration no matter what."..........

When the hate you and your party stoke, strikes back .....

============
Extremist supporters of former president Donald Trump are lashing out online against Usha Vance, the wife of Trump’s running mate, Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio), launching anti-immigrant attacks because of her Indian heritage.

After Vance was named Trump’s running mate, far-right activist Jaden McNeil on X shared an undated picture of the Vances and their newborn child on a post captioned: “I’m sure this guy is going to be great on immigration.”

In a podcast in which he attacked the Vances, Nick Fuentes, an avowed white supremacist, repeated rhetoric often associated with the racist “great replacement theory” — a line of argument popular among the right-wing, white nationalist fringe that falsely claims that there is a plan to “replace” native-born White Americans with immigrants. Fuentes — who is also known for making antisemitic remarks and who attended the deadly white nationalist rally in Charlottesville in 2017 — said he doesn’t expect “the guy who has an Indian wife” to “support White identity.”

“What exactly are we getting here? And that’s not a dig at him just because I’m a racist or something,” Fuentes said. “White people are being systematically replaced in America and in Europe through immigration and — to a much-lesser extent — due to intermarrying. This guy has a non-White wife.”

Fuentes — who visited Trump at Mar-a-Lago in November 2022 alongside rapper Ye — also made similarly inflammatory comments about the Vances on X.

A spokesman for J.D. Vance did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
===========

When the hate you and your party stoke, strikes back .....

============
Extremist supporters of former president Donald Trump are lashing out online against Usha Vance, the wife of Trump’s running mate, Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio), launching anti-immigrant attacks because of her Indian heritage.

After Vance was named Trump’s running mate, far-right activist Jaden McNeil on X shared an undated picture of the Vances and their newborn child on a post captioned: “I’m sure this guy is going to be great on immigration.”

In a podcast in which he attacked the Vances, Nick Fuentes, an avowed white supremacist, repeated rhetoric often associated with the racist “great replacement theory” — a line of argument popular among the right-wing, white nationalist fringe that falsely claims that there is a plan to “replace” native-born White Americans with immigrants. Fuentes — who is also known for making antisemitic remarks and who attended the deadly white nationalist rally in Charlottesville in 2017 — said he doesn’t expect “the guy who has an Indian wife” to “support White identity.”

“What exactly are we getting here? And that’s not a dig at him just because I’m a racist or something,” Fuentes said. “White people are being systematically replaced in America and in Europe through immigration and — to a much-lesser extent — due to intermarrying. This guy has a non-White wife.”

Fuentes — who visited Trump at Mar-a-Lago in November 2022 alongside rapper Ye — also made similarly inflammatory comments about the Vances on X.

A spokesman for J.D. Vance did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
===========

Trump is in a tough spot. He probably can't win without the votes of the extreme right voters and he probably can't win without the very moderate "swing" voters.

He's going to try to appeal to both. The extreme right knows he's lying to get votes and that's what they're pissed about, the lying. It's like if your religious leader lied about their religious beliefs to win an election, you still feel betrayed and pissed because they're lying like cowards.

The only way Trump can bring the extreme right back into the fold is to speak honestly again, but if he does that he loses the moderate "swing" votes. I don't think Trump has the discipline and finesse to shoot that very narrow gap he would have to shoot to get most of the votes of both groups.

Last edited:
Don’t both sides love liars? I mean, can anyone point to an honest politician in DC?
The breadth and depth of lies by Trump and everyone who supports him - because he demands it - are on a completely different level. No politician has ever done what Trump is doing. He uses North Korea level of lying and propaganda.

Maintaining he won an election with zero proof of that, for literally years. Saying the exact opposite of what is true in hundreds of cases. Nobody else has ever been this dishonest.

I find that people who try to excuse what Trump is doing as just normal political spin to be generally just supporters of him.

"I mean, can anyone point to an honest politician in DC?"

Everything about Trump is abnormally dangerous. Trump has repeatedly proven himself to be a far worse liar and threat to democracy than any other American politician.

Statements like the one quoted above are made to try to convince people that Trump is just a normal politician. There is nothing normal about Trump as politician or as a human being.

Last edited:
It’s beyond tiresome. Nobody who is a neutral observer would ever equate the two as even similar. No President has ever refused to concede an election and inspired a mob to attack the Capitol. Nor has anyone ever before pressured state election officials to falsify election results, nor concocted a fake electors scheme and pressure the VP to throw out valid electoral votes.

We shouldn’t have to put up with such bad faith responses.

I liked JD when I first heard of him. He hated Trump back then.

As soon as he decided he was going to run for office, he stuck his head so far up Trumps arse he could see Lindsey Graham.
It was funny when Trump screwed up his initials and he just took it.

Or, hear me out, it marks the final purchase of the Republican Party by Peter Theil, Elon Musk, and their minions, of which Vance is one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom