Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

Seems Trump has reinstalled a staffer (30 year old ex-college QB who worked for the Trump organization after delivering sandwiches to Trump). This guy was hustled out by Kelly when he discovered a really bad sports gambling problem, and hired back by Trump after Kelly left. His office is just outside the Oval Office and his job is to root out people who are not sufficiently loyal to Trump and fire them. In addition he also gets Trump loyalists installed into civil service jobs where they will be difficult for Biden to remove. I saw this described as a “salt the earth” strategy by someone.

Here is a quote from the article.

“Engineering much of the post-election purge is Johnny McEntee, a former college quarterback who was hustled out of the White House two years ago after a security clearance check turned up a prolific habit for online gambling.

A staunch Trump loyalist, McEntee, 30, was welcomed back into the fold in February and installed as head of personnel for the Trump White House.. Since the race was called for President-elect Joe Biden, McEntee has been distributing pink slips, warning federal workers not to cooperate with the Biden transition and threatening to oust people who show disloyalty by job hunting while Trump is still refusing to acknowledge defeat, according to six administration officials.”

Seems Trump has reinstalled a staffer (30 year old ex-college QB who worked for the Trump organization after delivering sandwiches to Trump). This guy was hustled out by Kelly when he discovered a really bad sports gambling problem, and hired back by Trump after Kelly left. His office is just outside the Oval Office and his job is to root out people who are not sufficiently loyal to Trump and fire them. In addition he also gets Trump loyalists installed into civil service jobs where they will be difficult for Biden to remove. I saw this described as a “salt the earth” strategy by someone.

“Engineering much of the post-election purge is Johnny McEntee, a former college quarterback who was hustled out of the White House two years ago after a security clearance check turned up a prolific habit for online gambling.

A staunch Trump loyalist, McEntee, 30, was welcomed back into the fold in February and installed as head of personnel for the Trump White House.. Since the race was called for President-elect Joe Biden, McEntee has been distributing pink slips, warning federal workers not to cooperate with the Biden transition and threatening to oust people who show disloyalty by job hunting while Trump is still refusing to acknowledge defeat, according to six administration officials.”
    Banana Republic.

Sure sounds like it. This can't finish up soon enough.

Agreed, but this next two months is going to seem like a LIFETIME.

We have a President who is even more toddler-like and conspiratorial than ever (which is saying something), who refuses to do his job in the remaining time he has in office.. We all know that he will delay the transition as long as possible so as to make ‘Sleepy Joe’ look bad and unprepared as he comes into office, national security and Covid relief be damned.

So you acknowledge you lost but still not conceding?

He's gotta keep the gravy train going. Once he concedes, all that money donors are sending gonna dry up quick.

He wasn't impeached by Republicans. It was a party line vote in the House and a party line vote in the Senate. It's just all partisan tribal politics right now.

And FTR, Clinton was impeached and not convicted as well.

Thanks, thats what I meant. hah (I guess I need to do a better job elaborating on my thoughts)

I do kind of hope this ends with the Secret Service physically dragging his butt out of the White House while he froths at the mouth.

My guess is that a large percentage of the SS is disgusted with the carelessness of Trump and his minions towards the virus, as many have also contracted it. I would actually like to see them drag him out quite forcibly....

He wasn't impeached by Republicans. It was a party line vote in the House and a party line vote in the Senate. It's just all partisan tribal politics right now.

And FTR, Clinton was impeached and not convicted as well.

So what? It doesn't change the history books. Trump is still an impeached president joining the ranks with Clinton and Johnson. Doesn't matter how it was done.

I've never heard of presidents placing people into the civil service. That's yet another weakness that Trump has exposed. I don't want civil servants subject to being easily fired by the president, since that would lead to them doing things for political reasons, so we should change the rules for hiring people into civil servant positions. Presidents should not have that authority. They should only have authority to appoint people to serve their administration.

Agreed, but this next two months is going to seem like a LIFETIME.

We have a President who is even more toddler-like and conspiratorial than ever (which is saying something), who refuses to do his job in the remaining time he has in office.. We all know that he will delay the transition as long as possible so as to make ‘Sleepy Joe’ look bad and unprepared as he comes into office, national security and Covid relief be damned.

Has an American President ever deliberately sabotaged an incoming Administration, or is Trump the first?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom