Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

Wray casually mentioning that there is classified information on Trump that would paint him in an unflattering light, and there we have the potential reason for his focus on the intelligence community.

Wray casually mentioning that there is classified information on Trump that would paint him in an unflattering light, and there we have the potential reason for his focus on the intelligence community.

It won’t matter what the intel reports say. It could say he was raping and killing babies, and his supporters wouldn’t care. They would probably spin it that they were evil Democratic babies. Trump was right that he could kill someone on Times Square and not lose support. I want the intel to be revealed anyway, but it will only be consumed logically by about half of America. The rest are in his trance. This is like science fiction stuff.

It won’t matter what the intel reports say. It could say he was raping and killing babies, and his supporters wouldn’t care. They would probably spin it that they were evil Democratic babies. Trump was right that he could kill someone on Times Square and not lose support. I want the intel to be revealed anyway, but it will only be consumed logically by about half of America. The rest are in his trance. This is like science fiction stuff.

... and people chastise me when I say we should stop referring to people who believe in the Trump/QAnon nonsense as "intelligent".

We keep hearing about how damning the evidence will be. I think we are numb to it and no matter what is released nothing will come of it.

There's a lot of cynicism in here. It's not necessarily unjustified, but it's a bit over the top.
    This election has made me cynical. Trump has far too much support than is warranted after he has demonstrated who he is for the last 4 years. It is more likely than not that he'll be removed, but we have underestimated Trump at every turn, to include the amount of support he still wields. We underestimated the integrity of congressmen calling him out for his latest maneuvers, including the Pentagon moves. I don't know what can be done, but I would hope that congressmen that respect democracy are not underestimating Trump's motivation to prevent a peaceful transition, and are planning to assure it happens. I think our leaders need to seek allies and coalitions to assure the transition, and are working with Biden, rather than assuming the transition will happen since it has always happened in the past.

This election has made me cynical. Trump has far too much support than is warranted after he has demonstrated who he is for the last 4 years. It is more likely than not that he'll be removed, but we have underestimated Trump at every turn, to include the amount of support he still wields. We underestimated the integrity of congressmen calling him out for his latest maneuvers, including the Pentagon moves. I don't know what can be done, but I would hope that congressmen that respect democracy are not underestimating Trump's motivation to prevent a peaceful transition, and are planning to assure it happens. I think our leaders need to seek allies and coalitions to assure the transition, and are working with Biden, rather than assuming the transition will happen since it has always happened in the past.

That's a fair response. I too am hopeful that ultimately, for the good of the country, our Congressional and military leaders protect and defend the Constitution, not one leader and his followers' lust for control of our country. So that's why I get the cynicism. But at the same time, we shouldn't let the cynicism cause us to do things that are not measured responses. I think waiting until the states certify the election and the legal challenges have been exhausted before jumping to coup attempts and systematic takeover of our government.

There are some who are starting to say enough is enough, but it's going to take a full-throated response from Congress and the military if Trump continues the lunacy after the states certify the elections.

That's a fair response. I too am hopeful that ultimately, for the good of the country, our Congressional and military leaders protect and defend the Constitution, not one leader and his followers' lust for control of our country. So that's why I get the cynicism. But at the same time, we shouldn't let the cynicism cause us to do things that are not measured responses. I think waiting until the states certify the election and the legal challenges have been exhausted before jumping to coup attempts and systematic takeover of our government.

There are some who are starting to say enough is enough, but it's going to take a full-throated response from Congress and the military if Trump continues the lunacy after the states certify the elections.

I do as well. Unfortunately, I don't see this new version of the Republican party doing so.

I do as well. Unfortunately, I don't see this new version of the Republican party doing so.

Agreed. It's an ongoing dilemma for me. I'd left the Republican party because of Trumpism. Wondering in my mind whether disenfranchised former Republicans like me can actually pull the party back from the ledge or should we try to start a third party? Libertarians have never really made a dent on the political landscape, so I'm not sure what the answer is. I feel like a man without a party.

I think the closest we'll get in the present is some like Susan Collins expressing "concerns" yet going ahead and voting in line with all the rest of the republicans

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom