Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

LOL. Getting his pardons started small.

The article doesn't even mention Louisiana Downs. Ah, well, best wishes Eddie.

1582049404526.png

So draining the swamp actually means selling pardons to criminals?

Mark my words, information will develop there was a quid quo pro to Trump for these pardons.

Does it matter? Heck no, his supporters time and time again have signaled they do not care. Even our elected republican senators will fall in line and support him.

Of course Collins will fake some concern, but then shrink away.

These pardons show how emboldened Trump is from his acquittal. He doesn't even have to fake it anymore, he can do anything he wants. He can even threaten federal judges on twitter. His weenie of an AG knows how that crosses the line, but he wont do anything about it.

So draining the swamp actually means selling pardons criminals?

Mark my words, information will develop there was a quid quo pro to Trump for these pardons.

Does it matter? Heck no, his supporters time and time again have signaled they do not care. Even our elected republican senators will fall in line and support him.

Of course Collins will fake some concern, but then shrink away.

These pardons show how emboldened Trump is from his acquittal. He doesn't even have to fake it anymore, he can do anything he wants. He can even threaten federal judges on twitter. His weenie of an AG knows how that crosses the line, but he wont do anything about it.
    I totally agree. 11 pardons/clemency so far. Apparently he and Blagowhatever worked on Celebrity Apprentice together in the past (that was news to me) so commuting his buddy's sentence is no surprise even though his seems to be the one of all of them that deserved serving his full sentence. It'd shock me if there isn't a quid pro quo in some way shape or form with pretty much all of them.

Kerik was a business partner of Rudy back in the day, I think. I thought he was convicted of bribery and not just tax fraud though. He sure loves pardoning old white collar criminals, though, I suppose he identifies with them.

Kerik was a business partner of Rudy back in the day, I think. I thought he was convicted of bribery and not just tax fraud though. He sure loves pardoning old white collar criminals, though, I suppose he identifies with them.
    How dare you disparage our great President. We all saw in the impeachment hearings that Trump is extremely concerned with "corruption" in the most general sense possible.

That's why he's looking into why our government is spending so much money at his resorts.

During his Senate impeachment trial, Democrats repeatedly asserted that President Trump is “not above the law.” But since his acquittal two weeks ago, analysts say, the president has taken a series of steps aimed at showing that, essentially, he is the law.

On Tuesday, Trump granted clemency to a clutch of political allies, circumventing the usual Justice Department process.

The pardons and commutations followed Trump’s moves to punish witnesses in his impeachment trial, publicly intervene in a pending legal case to urge leniency for a friend, attack a federal judge, accuse a juror of bias and threaten to sue his own government for investigating him.

Trump defended his actions, saying he has the right to shape the country’s legal systems as he sees fit.

“I’m allowed to be totally involved,” he told reporters as he left Washington on Tuesday for a trip to California, Nevada and Arizona. “I’m actually, I guess, the chief law enforcement officer of the country. But I’ve chosen not to be involved.”

The president’s post-impeachment behavior has alarmed Attorney General William P. Barr, who has told people close to the president that he is willing to quit unless Trump stops publicly commenting on ongoing criminal matters, according to two administration officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

It also has appalled several legal experts and former officials, who have said his direct intervention in legal matters risks further politicizing law enforcement at a time of fraying confidence in the Justice Department...........

I totally agree. 11 pardons/clemency so far. Apparently he and Blagowhatever worked on Celebrity Apprentice together in the past (that was news to me) so commuting his buddy's sentence is no surprise even though his seems to be the one of all of them that deserved serving his full sentence. It'd shock me if there isn't a quid pro quo in some way shape or form with pretty much all of them.

That's weird...Trump stated directly that he didn't really know Blagojevich.

........Trump’s worst act was to commute the 14-year prison sentence of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich, who was convicted on 17 corruption charges, including trying to sell a U.S. Senate seat and trying to extort campaign donations from a children’s hospital.

. Blagojevich won a “get out of jail” card because he appeared on Trump’s show, “The Celebrity Apprentice”; because his wife pleaded on Fox News for Trump’s help — and also because the prosecutor who put him behind bars, Patrick Fitzgerald (not, as Trump said, “Fitzpatrick”), is friends with Trump’s arch-nemesis, former FBI director James B. Comey.

By pardoning Blagojevich, a corrupt president seeks to minimize and normalize political corruption.

Other beneficiaries of Trump’s clemency include junk-bond king Michael Milken, who was pardoned just days after his former business associate Nelson Peltz hosted a $10 million fundraiser for the president’s campaign;

former New York police commissioner Bernard Kerik, who was found guilty of tax fraud and lying to the FBI but happens to be buddies with Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani;

construction magnate Paul Pogue, who was pardoned for underpaying his taxes after his family donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Trump Victory Committee;

and David Safavian, a senior official in the George W. Bush administration whose pardon for obstructing an investigation into the crooked lobbyist Jack Abramoff was championed by a Republican power couple, lobbyist Matt Schlapp and former Trump aide Mercedes Schlapp....

So Trump says the federal government is going to step in and take care of the homeless problem and its associated filth in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

And this guy is a “conservative”? 😆😂

The best part is that he offered bringing back Gone with the Wind as an alternative. 🤣

Trump's never even seen the movie, but knows it shouldn't have won an Oscar because... well, it's foreign. And some people wonder why others think he might just be a little racist.

And, really, he went with Gone With the Wind? Really? 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

A senior U.S. intelligence official told lawmakers last week that Russia wants to see President Trump reelected, viewing his administration as more favorable to the Kremlin’s interests, according to people who were briefed on the comments.

After learning of that analysis, which was provided to House lawmakers in a classified hearing, Trump grew angry at his acting director of national intelligence, Joseph Maguire, in the Oval Office, seeing Maguire and his staff as disloyal for speaking to Congress about Russia’s perceived preference.

The intelligence official’s analysis and Trump’s furious response ruined Maguire’s chances of becoming the permanent intelligence chief, according to people familiar with the matter who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter.........

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom