Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

Like I said, we can start a new thread... but yeah, if you dance around and don't salute the flag, well we'll still be friends and I'll call you an arse just as Trump was. But we'll still be friends and watch the game together.

If you sit in your chair during the anthem in protest of the cops I'll be unhappy and call you an butt crevasse, but will still agree that you have the right to do so because you bought the ticket with your money and it was your own time...

But once the team hires you.... totally different.
    '

The guests at the party were paying members. The president was there in an official capacity, which means he was on the clock and in front of his employers. And, of course, you can see in the video that he's trying to sit down before the anthem finishes.

Can you please explain how this is different than a football player doing it in front of people who paid to be there, while on the clock and in front of his employers?

The guests at the party were paying members. The president was there in an official capacity, which means he was on the clock and in front of his employers. And, of course, you can see in the video that he's trying to sit down before the anthem finishes.

Can you please explain how this is different than a football player doing it in front of people who paid to be there, while on the clock and in front of his employers?

OH PULEZZE.. you guys are reaching hard. No where does the article say they were paying guests. Second this was a snuck video and not a nationally broadcast licensed NFL product.. And neither did he sit during the Anthem..just act da fool. Which I said Asia was unhappy with..

I tell ya. Let's start a new tread. Jay z, Beyonce and child sitting for the anthem. You know, the guy hired to book the halftime show and bring us all back together..

And while we are at it lets bring up statistics. Cops, FBI Stats, crime stats, gun violence... You know bring it all out... Let make real certain our problem is cops. Sinceyou guys wanna support protesting against the flag here so much....

But naw... You guys just wanna find something about Trump to birch about... Maybe some of you may even be upset if you found out his toilet paper paper was made in the USA and not Mexico.

The steaming pile of crap that is this administration continues to get larger. Give me a freaking break, lol. Talk about totally devaluing that Medal, might as well be a penny stock now. SMDH.

OH PULEZZE.. you guys are reaching hard. No where does the article say they were paying guests. Second this was a snuck video and not a nationally broadcast licensed NFL product.. And neither did he sit during the Anthem..just act da fool. Which I said Asia was unhappy with..

I tell ya. Let's start a new tread. Jay z, Beyonce and child sitting for the anthem. You know, the guy hired to book the halftime show and bring us all back together..

And while we are at it lets bring up statistics. Cops, FBI Stats, crime stats, gun violence... You know bring it all out... Let make real certain our problem is cops. Sinceyou guys wanna support protesting against the flag here so much....

But naw... You guys just wanna find something about Trump to birch about... Maybe some of you may even be upset if you found out his toilet paper paper was made in the USA and not Mexico.

Why would you bring up Jay Z and Beyonce?

Have you ever talked about the time Roseanne Barr sang it at that baseball game? Did you ever forgive her?

He is the forking President. He already disrespects the office but he can’t stand still for the anthem. It doesn’t matter to you what Trump does because he is your guy. He could wear the flag as a diaper and you would justify it.

Before you change the subject, Joe, let me clear up something for you.

"In keeping with his own tradition, President Donald Trump spent this year's Super Bowl weekend at his Mar-a-Lago resort, where he enjoyed rounds of golf, was celebrated by a group of his supporters, and a party for paying guests to watch the big game."

Now that we've established that they were guests that pay for the privilege, can you please address my question?

Before you change the subject, Joe, let me clear up something for you.

"In keeping with his own tradition, President Donald Trump spent this year's Super Bowl weekend at his Mar-a-Lago resort, where he enjoyed rounds of golf, was celebrated by a group of his supporters, and a party for paying guests to watch the big game."

Now that we've established that they were guests that pay for the privilege, can you please address my question?

Look boys. To claim the potus is am employee like any other Joe is absurd.

But I tell ya what...ill let a have it... And even with that he didnt protest againt the flag while on the clock.
    Act a fool I give you that. ALL he did in the vid was pull his chair out.

But to try and compare that to Kaepernick... Honestly is Ludarcris.

Nothing biased about this thread.

At all.

Who is claiming to be unbiased?

My mind is made up about Trump. I have over 70 years of evidence to support the conclusion that Donald Trump is an amoral man child who is crippled by his narcissism.

He could cure cancer and give me a kidney and I wouldn’t give him credit for any of it:

Another win for DJT. I wonder if they'll try to take this to the Supreme Court.

A federal appeals court on Friday unanimously ruled that more than 200 Democratic congressional lawmakers do not have standing to sue President Trump over allegations he violated the Emoluments Clause over foreign payments to his businesses.

A federal appeals court on Friday unanimously ruled that more than 200 Democratic congressional lawmakers do not have standing to sue President Trump over allegations he violated the Emoluments Clause over foreign payments to his businesses.

That's an interesting ruling. I wonder who, exactly, would have standing to sue the president for violating the Emoluments Clause.

That's an interesting ruling. I wonder who, exactly, would have standing to sue the president for violating the Emoluments Clause.
    Anybody can sue anybody else for anything.
    Getting it to stick and obtaining a settlement for it would be something else entirely.
    This was a publicity stunt all along.

There is another case where hotel owners (and maybe some other business owners) are suing. Perhaps they will have standing - since it seems like they have the possibility of proving an actual harm to themselves, i.e. they lost business because people who would have stayed at their hotels chose Trump's due to the potential benefit given his government position.

The ruling DD posted seems to suggest that the whole House, or the whole Senate, or them in combination could possibly have standing. Not sure on that one.

There is also the possibility that the States themselves could have standing - although I doubt that. But some AGs have sued and their case is still alive.

I read the ruling as it's not the courts place to hold POTUS to account, it is Congress' responsibility.

The Democrats' "claim is based entirely on the loss of political power," the appellate panel wrote in the opinion. "Our conclusion is straightforward because the Members -- 29 Senators and 186 Members of the House of Representatives -- do not constitute a majority of either body and are, therefore, powerless to approve or deny the President's acceptance of foreign emoluments."

The problem is that Republicans have failed to hold trump accountable for anything, he has been given carte blanche and he using it to his full advantage.

House investigators are looking into an allegation that groups — including at least one foreign government — tried to ingratiate themselves to President Donald Trump by booking rooms at his hotels but never staying in them.

It’s a previously unreported part of a broad examination by the House Oversight Committee, included in Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, into whether Trump broke the law by accepting money from U.S. or foreign governments at his properties.

Last edited:

Is there standing to sue over violating the Emoluments clause from domestic payments to his businesses?
    ========================================================

President Trump’s company charges the Secret Service for the rooms agents use while protecting him at his luxury properties — billing U.S. taxpayers at rates as high as $650 per night, according to federal records and people who have seen receipts.

Those charges, compiled here for the first time, show that Trump has an unprecedented — and largely hidden — business relationship with his own government. When Trump visits his clubs in Palm Beach, Fla., and Bedminster, N.J., the service needs space to post guards and store equipment.

Trump’s company says it charges only minimal fees. But Secret Service records do not show that.

At Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club, the Secret Service was charged the $650 rate dozens of times in 2017, and a different rate, $396.15, dozens more times in 2018, according to documents from Trump’s visits...........

The Secret Service is required to tell Congress twice a year about what it spends to protect Trump at his properties.

But since 2016, it has only filed two of the required six reports, according to congressional offices. The reasons, according to Secret Service officials: key personnel left and nobody picked up the job.

Even in those two reports, the lines for Bedminster and Mar-a-Lago were blank...........

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom