Trump & School Bullies (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    I don’t have children so I can’t speak to this first hand

And I definitely know that kids have bullied, teased, mocked, insulted and excluded other kids (especially minorities) since the beginning of time

But I’ve read and heard from friends with kids that things are different than they were than just a few years ago

And it’s often coming from classmates they’ve known for years and have never had issues with before

And it’s hard to argue that Trump isn’t the difference

Even if you love Trump and his policies demeanor has to count for something

Who knows what the fallout in the years to come will be
    ========================

Two kindergartners in Utah told aLatino boy that President Trump would send him back to Mexico, and teenagers in Maine sneered "Ban Muslims" at a classmate wearing a hijab.

In Tennessee, a group of middle-schoolers linked arms, imitating the president's proposed border wall as they refused to let nonwhite students pass.

In Ohio, another group of middle-schoolers surrounded a mixed-race sixth-grader and, as she confided to her mother, told the girl: "This is Trump country."

Since Trump’s rise to the nation’s highest office, his inflammatory language — often condemned as racist and xenophobic — has seeped into schools across America.

Many bullies now target other children differently than they used to, with kids as young as 6 mimicking the president’s insults and the cruel way he delivers them........

I'm pretty sure Jason Alexander had to put out a statement denying that is not him!

But, yeah is was definitely encouraging to see the immediate condemnation and the follow on discussion.

Against my better judgment I went to YouTube to read the comments for this video

Was pleasantly surprised to not see a single one in defense of this guy

And I guess we know whose kid is one of the bullies

Against my better judgment I went to YouTube to read the comments for this video

Was pleasantly surprised to not see a single one in defense of this guy

And I guess we know whose kid is one of the bullies

I read about this. I believe his kid posted something to social media about his dad's views not being the same as his.

Edit: I didn't read it in there first, but just about same story.

I have a feeling that even if Trump wasn't the president, the left would still hysterically attack whoever was in office. If Romney won the POTUS, the left would be screaming that he will put black folks back in chains, that is so 2012. Now Romney is a HeRo Of ThE rEpUbLiC because Trump is (insert 'ism' here). But yeah, please continue to lecture everyone on how to act civil.

I don't remember anybody claiming that Bush was responsible for increasing bullying while he was president. Either one. Your feeling is wrong and just another way to ignore the obvious.

I like to think of trump as a supercharger. No, he isn't the root cause of this behavior, but he sure loves to stoke the flames because it benefits him to do so.
    cant disagree with that

I don't remember anybody claiming that Bush was responsible for increasing bullying while he was president. Either one. Your feeling is wrong and just another way to ignore the obvious.
    I am saying that the case can be made that both sides are too blame but you claim I am wrong and it is only big bad Trumps fault. Gotcha. I am the one ignoring the obvious.

I am saying that the case can be made that both sides are too blame but you claim I am wrong and it is only big bad Trumps fault. Gotcha. I am the one ignoring the obvious.

So what you’re saying is that there are very not fine people on both sides?

It doesn’t really matter who’s fault it is.

We should just teach our kids to be kind, but that’s not just telling them to be kind. We have to be kind.

That the part that we struggle with. Being kind when we feel rage requires us to control our emotions, if we change ourselves, our kids will follow. This is learned behavior.

We should focus less on making sure our kids will take up for themselves, and more on making sure our kids are never the reason a kid has to take up for themself.

I'm saying he's responsible for the increase in bullying that we likely wouldn't have seen without him becoming president. His election as president informed a lot of people that the type of bullying attitude and display we see regularly from him was acceptable. A good bit of people, including young people who are easily impressionable, took that an ran with it.

I'm saying he's responsible for the increase in bullying that we likely wouldn't have seen without him becoming president. His election as president informed a lot of people that the type of bullying attitude and display we see regularly from him was acceptable. A good bit of people, including young people who are easily impressionable, took that an ran with it.
    Yeah, I don't remember any past presidents, Republican or Democrat, who had lots of people at their rallies wearing shirts that said "Joe Blow 1996 - fork Your Feelings". I actually remember when candidates would call that kind of crap out a la McCain shutting up some racist idiot at one of his campaign functions calling Obama a Muslim.

It's too late for that

There was an article last year I posted (I'll see if I can find it)saying that's it's not just adults who Trump has made feel emboldened, it was filtering down to even grade school age kids

Whether that's kids emulating trump or emulating adults emulating Trump is a different question

Here’s the article and thread

My kids are 12 and 15, bullying has been the same since they have been in school. It’s not getting better or worse. And it has nothing to do with politics it has to do with parenting. Some people are terrible no matter who is president. I was teased for looking Latino and my last name my entire life. It will always be an issue and we need continue to teach our kids to learn to deal with it. We want to protect our kids in a bubble and then release them into the real world totally unprepared. Prepare our kids that life will have ups and downs, people will be mean and it sucks but we drive on. Being bullied can either drive you or destroy you, we as parents need to push it to drive our kids!

The best revenge is massive success, my parents taught my that me entire life

Last year, my son was being bullied in 8th grade by this one particular kid and sometimes by his friends. Being that my son is on the Autism spectrum, he's a little different than typical kids and tends to stick out among his classmates because of some of his quirks. This went on for some time, and we tried to handle it through the school. We had several exchanges with the principle, vice principle and his teachers. They made changes in the classroom seating and schedule so the wouldn't share classes and suspended the kid after a physical altercation. But the harassment and bullying continued verbally whenever teachers and administration weren't looking. Me and his mother were getting very frustrated with the school. The best they could offer us was a mutually signed agreement by both families that if either kid physically assaulted the other, they would be suspended. I wouldn't sign that as my son often reacts to physical confrontation in self defense by hitting back. Bully's are sneaky and often set up a situation where the reaction is caught by the teacher and not the original act. I also thought it was unfair given the documented history and didn't want to leave my son exposed like that.

Finally, one day I was picking my son up from school and the bully had just ran by my son, calling him a "gay" with the "f" word. I was pissed and the bully was still there surrounded by friends waiting to be picked up. I got down and confronted him. I told him that we knew what was going on. I told him to stop bullying my son, that we were not going to ignore of stop confronting this until it ended. I reminded him that he had already gotten suspended and that if he continued bullying, we would continue to report it and stay on it until he was expelled. And I asked him if he really wanted to go down that road and get in more trouble. I remember being red hot and fed up, but also nervous because I don't enjoy having to be that forceful with other peoples children. I did it all in the open and with a number of his friends and other students in the immediate area. Never got close than 10ft from the kid and never threatened him with physical violence. I then emailed his teachers and the principle and told them exactly what had happened and what I did.

We never had problems with the bully after that. Sometimes it just takes parents being parents and speaking out and protecting their child. Bulying has and will likely always be around, but I firmly believe that the example our leaders set does filter down into society and into our schools. It's gotten worse because we see people as enemies and that gives many a license to mistreat and bully them.

Last edited:
    Last year, my son was being bullied in 8th grade by this one particular kid and sometimes by his friends. Being that my son is on the Autism spectrum, he's a little different than typical kids and tends to stick out among his classmates because of some of his quirks. This went on for some time, and we tried to handle it through the school. We had several exchanges with the principle, vice principle and his teachers. They made changes in the classroom seating and schedule so the wouldn't share classes and suspended the kid after a physical altercation. But the harassment and bullying continued verbally whenever teachers and administration weren't looking. Me and his mother were getting very frustrated with the school. The best they could offer us was a mutual signed agreement by both families that if either kid physically assaulted the other, they would be suspended. I wouldn't sign that as my son often reacts to physical confrontation in self defense by hitting back. Bully's are sneaky and often set up a situation where the reaction is caught by the teacher and not the original act. I also thought it was unfair given the documented history and didn't want to leave my son exposed like that.

Finally, one day I was picking my son up from school and the bully had just ran by my son, calling him a "gay" with the "f" word. I was pissed and the bully was still there surrounded by friends waiting to be picked up. I got down and confronted him. I told him that we knew what was going on. I told him to stop bullying my son, that we were not going to ignore of stop confronting this until it ended. I reminded him that he had already gotten suspended and that if he continued bullying, we would continue to report it and stay on it until he was expelled. And I asked him if he really wanted to go down that road and get in more trouble. I remember being red hot and fed up, but also nervous because I don't enjoy having to be that forceful with other peoples children. I did it all in the open and with a number of his friends and other students in the immediate area. Never got close than 10ft from the kid and never threatened him with physical violence. I then emailed his teachers and the principle and told them exactly what had happened and what I did.

We never had problems with the bully after that. Sometimes it just takes parents being parents and speaking out and protecting their child. Bulying has and will likely always be around, but I firmly believe that the example our leaders set does filter down into society and into our schools. It's gotten worse because we see people as enemies and that gives many a license to mistreat and bully them.

good for you, I had a similar experience with my son. I finally did some research because the child was picking on lots of little boys. The boys were becoming his friends because they were scared of him and it caused their behavior to change. Come to find out his mother had her 2nd bout with breast cancer and the stress at home, the fear and his dads unable to cope caused this behavior. We started helping out as well as other parents by inviting him over and trying to give him whathe wasn’t getting at home. His behavior changed and a year later his mom was cancer free. She still is and he is now a very good young man and not the kid he could have been. My point is we never know what’s going on at home and a lot of schools are in a position to go further than the school. His parents weren’t bad they just weren’t in a stable position and it reflects on the children.

good for you, I had a similar experience with my son. I finally did some research because the child was picking on lots of little boys. The boys were becoming his friends because they were scared of him and it caused their behavior to change. Come to find out his mother had her 2nd bout with breast cancer and the stress at home, the fear and his dads unable to cope caused this behavior. We started helping out as well as other parents by inviting him over and trying to give him whathe wasn’t getting at home. His behavior changed and a year later his mom was cancer free. She still is and he is now a very good young man and not the kid he could have been. My point is we never know what’s going on at home and a lot of schools are in a position to go further than the school. His parents weren’t bad they just weren’t in a stable position and it reflects on the children.

I think had we known his parents, we would have gone that route. I would have rather talked to his parents than confront the kid, but I'm just glad it worked and my son wasn't being bullied any more.

I do remember having a lot of conversations with my son about why he was being bullied and why his classmate was doing that to him. And in those conversation, I often told him that it's very likely that the kid that was bullying him had a lot of issues going on at home. That people who engage in bullying often are going though their own situations and pains that lead them to put others down to feel better about themselves or have some since of control in their own lives. My son is very compassionate by nature, so I think it helped him process some of what he was going through without developing hate for the kid. But I also told him that not everybody is going to be his friend and that's okay. I also told him that there was never a good reason to put up with abuse from anybody and that it was never acceptable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom