Trump Pardon Tracker (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Seems like we might need a thread for this.

Granted: Michael Flynn (pardoned for 'any and all possible offenses' arising from or related to the criminal case against him and anything within the scope of the Mueller investigation).

I would like a law that prohibits presidential pardons after the electoral college count on JAN 6th. That would prevent illegal actions taken in the last 14 days from being pardoned.

I dunno, then Presidents will just get their pardons in the week before the 6th. As to what happened on the 6th, pardons for that would be a horrific precedent. Just hope that doesn't happen. No telling with Trump tho.

I dunno, then Presidents will just get their pardons in the week before the 6th. As to what happened on the 6th, pardons for that would be a horrific precedent. Just hope that doesn't happen. No telling with Trump tho.

At least two have gone on record as saying they want a pardon because they were doing what they thought Trump was telling them to do. So if he does do it, he’s only further cementing he sanctioned those actions. So go ahead.

If he were to pardon potential witnesses in the impeachment for crimes related to the impeachment I do believe he can be charged with obstruction of justice by the incoming DOJ.

Also, and sorry if someone already said this, if he pardons people who rioted at the Capitol, he will most likely be convicted by the Senate. That would be a slap in the face of the entire Congress.

At least two have gone on record as saying they want a pardon because they were doing what they thought Trump was telling them to do. So if he does do it, he’s only further cementing he sanctioned those actions. So go ahead.

Agreed. If Trump tried to pardon anyone, I really hope the Senate is paying attention and goes ahead with conviction.

I would like a law that prohibits presidential pardons after the electoral college count on JAN 6th. That would prevent illegal actions taken in the last 14 days from being pardoned.
    Pardons should be barred from Election Day until Inauguration Day. So the Manafort pardon would have either happened prior to the election or not at all.

I can get on board with forbidding pardons after 2 NOV, so presidents would have to issue all of their pardons before the next election, which would give voters another factor to weigh when they vote. I was going to suggest that initially, but then thought it might be too much since the election result would not be confirmed. I think it makes sense to put a moratorium in place for that lame duck period for presidents to reduce abuses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom