Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

Well, I listened to the tape. Recommend you do also.

Many people could have leaked it, but Smith would not be a likely suspect. In fact, Trump is much more likely, but so is the publisher.

I agree about Trump tainting the jury pool. That stuff about how Hillary would have just printed it from her private email server? Then the joke about "to Anthony Weiner?" It will remind the jury of the DOJ's politicization. No doubt Smith would have wanted to play it without that part. Now, if he does, and pretends that part is not there, the Trumpers on the jury will know he's lying and won't hesitate to tell the others.

He's talking to journalists off the record? Good luck selling that as "espionage."
    He’s not being charged with dissemination, at least not yet. He violated the espionage act, which doesn’t require that you actually committed espionage.

If he does get charged with dissemination, it would likely be in federal court in NJ, I am hearing, because this took place at Bedminster.

I think it’s being used for this trial for the admission that Trump knew he had classified documents and that he hadn’t declassified them. This tape also, IMO, indicates dissemination and according to former prosecutors I saw interviewed Smith would have already deposed every person present (except Trump). So if the case in FL goes too slow or gets bogged down, Smith might charge him in NJ. 🤷‍♀️

He’s not being charged with dissemination, at least not yet. He violated the espionage act, which doesn’t require that you actually committed espionage.
    That won't matter to the pro Trump jurors any More than it matters to the anti Trump prosecutors. The jurors will understand it as an attempt to convict Trump for spying against America, which they'll see as absurd.

They will remember that the feds lied to get warrants to spy on Trump.

I think it’s being used for this trial for the admission that Trump knew he had classified documents and that he hadn’t declassified them.
    I don't think that will be breaking news to anyone. No one takes that mental declassification idea seriously. That's just Trump trolling and giving them a false trail.

Clinton, Weiner, Abadeen, Pence, Biden, Powell, never declassified their documents either, and Nothing happened to them. Just telling you what many on the jury will think and say during deliberations.
    This tape also, IMO, indicates dissemination and according to former prosecutors I saw interviewed Smith would have already deposed every person present (except Trump). So if the case in FL goes too slow or gets bogged down, Smith might charge him in NJ. 🤷‍♀️
    No doubt he would do anything to keep himself in the news.

Last edited:
    That won't matter to the pro Trump jurors any More than it matters to the anti Trump prosecutors. The jurors will understand it as an attempt to convict Trump for spying against America, which they'll see as absurd.

They will remember that the feds lied to get warrants to spy on Trump.

I don't think that will be breaking news to anyone. No one takes that mental declassification idea seriously. That's just Trump trolling and giving them a false trail.

Clinton, Weiner, Abadeen, Pence, Biden, Powell, never declassified their documents either, and Nothing happened to them. Just telling you what many on the jury will think and say during deliberations.

No doubt he would do anything to keep himself in the news.
    You keep saying things that are not true. It’s like you just cannot help it. Nobody ever spied on Trump. That’s a big fat lie. But moving on:

You seem so sure that jury members will completely disregard their sworn duty and make up their own rules as they go along. I have more faith in my fellow citizens and the rule of law than you do.

It seems to me that you actually want the jury to disregard the law and evidence of this case in order to acquit someone who is guilty of a crime. You cannot stop talking about it, and have expressed that jury nullification is an acceptable outcome for you.

Trump fealty makes people say and do all kinds of crazy things. Trump supporters are willing to disregard the law and the evidence to save their leader. This is why people say it’s a cult. It’s not actually a cult, but it is cult-adjacent. It would be fascinating if it weren’t so dangerous to the rest of us.

You keep saying things that are not true. It’s like you just cannot help it. Nobody ever spied on Trump. That’s a big fat lie. But moving on:

You seem so sure that jury members will completely disregard their sworn duty and make up their own rules as they go along. I have more faith in my fellow citizens and the rule of law than you do.

It seems to me that you actually want the jury to disregard the law and evidence of this case in order to acquit someone who is guilty of a crime. You cannot stop talking about it, and have expressed that jury nullification is an acceptable outcome for you.

Trump fealty makes people say and do all kinds of crazy things. Trump supporters are willing to disregard the law and the evidence to save their leader. This is why people say it’s a cult. It’s not actually a cult, but it is cult-adjacent. It would be fascinating if it weren’t so dangerous to the rest of us.
    Trumpists fit the Meriam definition of a political cult.

: a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

Characteristics of a Cult​

Each cult has its own distinctive focus, but almost all of these groups share at least some elements in common, such as:
    • Authoritarian control: Cultism hinges on encouraging maximum dependency. People in the cult must feel incapable of living an individual life outside the norms of the group. These beliefs often go hand in hand with a worshipful attitude toward the group’s authoritarian leader.
    • Extremist beliefs: Cult members hold to very dogmatic and extreme beliefs. They also are unable to question these belief systems without fear of reprisal or punishment from the leader or other group members.
    • Isolation from society: As soon as new members join a cult, other adherents work hard to isolate them from family members and friends. This helps fulfill the mind control aspirations of the leader. It also creates a hive mind of sorts between the new person and the other members.
    • Veneration of a single individual: Charismatic leaders are often at the center of most cults. Consider the Manson family of the late 1960s. As their name suggests, they adopted the beliefs of their leader, Charles Manson, and fulfilled his requests. The same pattern repeats in almost all other cults, albeit to less violent ends in many cases.
    Trumpists don’t physically isolate, but I think they intellectually isolate themselves.

Why did Trump allow himself to be recorded and admit to illegal actions on audio? Do y’all think he wants to follow Nixon’s path?

By the way, is it illegal to release the audio? Doesn’t that ta*nt the jury pool?
    PS: why does ta*nt get changed to butt area? I had to add an asterisk.

Last edited:
    Why did Trump allow himself to be recorded and admit to illegal actions on audio? Do y’all think he wants to follow Nixon’s path?
    He clearly did not think He was admitting to illegal actions. I'm not sure why you think He was?
    By the way, is it illegal to release the audio? Doesn’t that butt area the jury pool?
    Under what law would releasing audio of yourself talking be illegal, if you think Trump released it?

If you think someone else released it, what law did that break?

It seems that some us us have come to believe that releasing information is illegal unless the government authorizes it.

The jury pool was hopelessly infected with information long ago.

Last edited:
    If it's in evidence in the state's case, the defense can use other parts of the recording in their case - they wouldn't have to rely on leaking it to CNN many months before the trial on the hopes that prospective jurors would remember it. Just play that part in the trial.

The recording was made in a chat with Trump by a writer and publisher working on a Mark Meadows memoir, with a Trump staffer present. It is unclear when the investigation obtained the recording and how many people had access to it before that. I think the most likely source of the leak is someone that had access to it before it was obtained by the investigation (which likely instructed the owner of the recording to treat it as criminal evidence).

and im sure that the tape is not the full recording and the other participants in the audio have been questioned and the prosecutors know exactly what transpired.

Especially when the reporter says " Wow" - which could very well mean Trump actually showed her the classified document.

These MAGA types are starting to desperately grasp at anything that can give them the slightest amount of hope that all their support, all their donations, all their vocal admiration for Trump isnt for a swindler. Because it brings them to question their own intelligence and proves embarrassing for them. Thats why so many are so vocal.

its all a ruse. Just as Trump would play it.

They take everyting he says hook line and sinker. Even when they don't believe it, they make up stuff why it shouldn't matter, or the famous "witch hunt"..;lol .. He has never done anything wrong, but everyone else is guilty of everythign else..

Republicans don't get derided enough for the Trump fanaticism. They made fun of Democrats over Obama. Obama's adulation, outside of the black community, pales in comparison. It's almost reached "Have you taken our lord and savior Donald into your heart?"

What makes it even better? He is everything Republicans say they are against: Confessed sexual assaulter, thrice divorced, previously a democrat, funded plenty of abortions, soon to be convicted felon.

It's as if an entire party never graduated from High School, and simply want to vote for the "cool guy".

and im sure that the tape is not the full recording and the other participants in the audio have been questioned and the prosecutors know exactly what transpired.

Especially when the reporter says " Wow" - which could very well mean Trump actually showed her the classified document.
    Are they really going to get a conviction from what a one-word interjection could very well mean?
    These MAGA types are starting to desperately grasp at anything that can give them the slightest amount of hope
    Based on the above, it seems as though it is the this-time-we-finally-got-him types grasping at straws.
    that all their support, all their donations, all their vocal admiration for Trump isnt for a swindler. Because it brings them to question their own intelligence and proves embarrassing for them. Thats why so many are so vocal.

its all a ruse. Just as Trump would play it.
    I think the "Trump is a conman!" line would play much better if it were followed up with, "so you should vote for this very honest Democrat that is running against him!" As long as the implied follow us is "so vote for Biden, there is no other real choice, such accusations are meaningless.

Republicans don't get derided enough for the Trump fanaticism. They made fun of Democrats over Obama. Obama's adulation, outside of the black community, pales in comparison. It's almost reached "Have you taken our lord and savior Donald into your heart?"

What makes it even better? He is everything Republicans say they are against: Confessed sexual assaulter, thrice divorced, previously a democrat, funded plenty of abortions, soon to be convicted felon.
    What, you never heard of forgiveness?

Forgiveness is pointless without repentance. If you refuse to change your behavior, forgiveness doesn't mean anything.
    How do you know that he didn't repent? He doesn't have to repent to DaveXA, does he?

Trump led a life of sexual debauchery prior to becoming president. How much of that do you have evidence that he continued with after announcing his 2016 run?

As far as the classified document supposed malfeasance, if y'all can forgive Clinton, Biden, Pence, Powell, Abedeen, and Weiner, I can forgive Trump.

By the way, is it illegal to release the audio? Doesn’t that ta*nt the jury pool?
    PS: why does ta*nt get changed to butt area? I had to add an asterisk.
    Why? Because Trump is a narcissistic piece of shirt who has believed he's untouchable.

As for the second part of the post LOL.. there's that area between your.. yeah, I think I'll leave it at that.

Are they really going to get a conviction from what a one-word interjection could very well mean?

Based on the above, it seems as though it is the this-time-we-finally-got-him types grasping at straws.

I think the "Trump is a conman!" line would play much better if it were followed up with, "so you should vote for this very honest Democrat that is running against him!" As long as the implied follow us is "so vote for Biden, there is no other real choice, such accusations are meaningless.

its more than one word interjection.

much more. And i know you know this. Its why your desperation keeps showing.

Meh, read this thread. There is only one person over the last month grasping at straws...it aint the "got him this time" camp.

He is gonna plea deal his way thru this. He doesnt want to see inside a court. at all. He will lost the General Election- in part because of this, but also because he simply isnt fit to be POTUS- temperament and intelligence- he lacks both. ( but does really appeal to the same type of folks- not a coincidence )

You can vote for whomever you choose. Thats the beauty of this process. Back the winner or loser, makes no difference to me. I tend to back the person that i think makes the best case to be POTUS ( which happens to include temperament and intelligence )

its more than one word interjection.

much more. And i know you know this. Its why your desperation keeps showing.

Meh, read this thread. There is only one person over the last month grasping at straws...it aint the "got him this time" camp.

He is gonna plea deal his way thru this. He doesnt want to see inside a court. at all. He will lost the General Election- in part because of this, but also because he simply isnt fit to be POTUS- temperament and intelligence- he lacks both. ( but does really appeal to the same type of folks- not a coincidence )

You can vote for whomever you choose. Thats the beauty of this process. Back the winner or loser, makes no difference to me. I tend to back the person that i think makes the best case to be POTUS ( which happens to include temperament and intelligence )
    I would doubt a plea deal scenario almost as much as I doubt a guilty verdict.

How do you know that he didn't repent? He doesn't have to repent to DaveXA, does he?

Trump led a life of sexual debauchery prior to becoming president. How much of that do you have evidence that he continued with after announcing his 2016 run?

As far as the classified document supposed malfeasance, if y'all can forgive Clinton, Biden, Pence, Powell, Abedeen, and Weiner, I can forgive Trump.

He doesn't have to repent to me, but he does have to stop his BS. And you making excuses for him...I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Your whataboutism game is strong, I'll give you that. If they did the crime, they do the time. Forgiveness doesn't absolve of taking responsibility for the things you do, regardless what side you're on.

As for Trump, he's never been held accountable for the sheet he does, then and now. Until he is held accountable, it's an injustice. Anyone else who committed crimes should be held accountable. Also, not all crimes are the same, so let's not compare apples and peanuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom