Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

I saw a speaker on a politic talk program last night saying:
It might not be needful to fingerprint Trump...his fingerprints are already on file because he has a gun owner permit in New York State.
Will they really need to take a mug shot? ... the guest asked...not me
The guest stated: "His photos are everywhere...every day"
Yup, this is all unchartered territory.

It might not be needful to fingerprint Trump...his fingerprints are already on file because he has a gun owner permit in New York State.

um not really when it comes to arrest.

Every arrested/booked person has their prints taken along with photo. The fact that he has a gun owner permit/ photos everywhere everyday doesnt exclude him from this process.

So not sure what "politic talk program" you were watching, but they were obviously being facetious at a time when they should have been serious.

Yup, this is all uncharted territory.
He shouldn’t be treated any differently than any other person in his position. Interestingly, I read that NY law requires a DNA sample as well as fingerprints and mug shot. He fought tooth and nail to prevent that in his rape lawsuit, lol.

We’ve been in uncharted territory for quite a while.
  • Electing a self serving, corrupt, anti-democratic, mentally ill liar like Donald Trump was uncharted.
  • Standing with Vladimir Putin to ignore US intelligence reports implicating Russia in election interference was uncharted.
  • The Insurrection, Inciting a crowd of his Kool aid drinkers to attack the Capitol and over turn a legal election was uncharted.
  • The GOP leadership who was critical of the insurrection, but then chose to remain quiet about it and certain members started making excuses for it to please bubba back home is uncharted. https://news.yahoo.com/house-republ...mment-about-jan-6-insurrection-162631530.html
  • Actually the general state of today’s GOP, the hostility they direct at the democratic process, redefining the word patriotic turning it up side down, while attracting the likes of the KKK and anti-authority militias who are attracted by the poisonous qualities of DJT’s power base is uncharted.

I would say supposedly serious statesmen attacking an indictment that they have not seen as politically motivated rather than saying what should be said is uncharted territory.

How hard is it to say “we should wait for the facts to emerge and I believe in the American system of justice”?

I would say supposedly serious statesmen attacking an indictment that they have not seen as politically motivated rather than saying what should be said is uncharted territory.

How hard is it to say “we should wait for the facts to emerge and I believe in the American system of justice”?
Republicans know they are in elected office on large part because of the MAGA people back home. Gotta keep those people happy at all costs. :unsure:

He shouldn’t be treated any differently than any other person in his position. Interestingly, I read that NY law requires a DNA sample as well as fingerprints and mug shot. He fought tooth and nail to prevent that in his rape lawsuit, lol.
All of it(treating him like anyone else) may indeed happen.
Although the guest had some expertise, they were simply taking an educated guess.
Thinking out loud per say for the purpose of the on camera interview.

Last edited:
um not really when it comes to arrest.

Every arrested/booked person has their prints taken along with photo. The fact that he has a gun owner permit/ photos everywhere everyday doesnt exclude him from this process.

So not sure what "politic talk program" you were watching, but they were obviously being facetious at a time when they should have been serious.
Your points are all valid.
The program was on "Fox Live"....a streaming service I can watch for free because it came with my new Samsung Smart TV.
This was NOT a Sean Hannity or Laura Ingram kinda show.
This was a "hard news" reporter speaking to a guest who had some affiliation to the law ( clearly I forget the specifics) and they were answering seriously....speculating off the top of their head.
Their main point was we've never had a former President in this situation and the guest seriously floated that hypothetically it might be handled differently or it might not.
No one knows for sure. That was their non facetious speculation.

They could be merged? :unsure:
I just went looking for the other thread @GrandAdmiral
I suppose you are talking about :
"Does Trump ever do any jail time?"
:unsure:
Whenever I come to madaboutpolitics.com I just select "Threads with your posts"....so for that reason I was unaware of the already established thread which I had never posted in.
Thanks for the "heads up" and have a great weekend.

Your points are all valid.
The program was on "Fox Live"....a streaming service I can watch for free because it came with my new Samsung Smart TV.
This was NOT a Sean Hannity or Laura Ingram kinda show.
This was a "hard news" reporter speaking to a guest who had some affiliation to the law ( clearly I forget the specifics) and they were answering seriously....speculating off the top of their head.
Their main point was we've never had a former President in this situation and the guest seriously floated that hypothetically it might be handled differently or it might not.
No one knows for sure. That was their non facetious speculation.

I think the only difference with booking Trump is the coordination with the Secrete Service. It's been reported that the New York DA wanted to arraign today but had to postpone until Tuesday because they had to coordinate with the SS. Other than that, he's going to have to show up, get fingerprinted, an arrest photo and show up in court to plead.

Last edited:
When it comes to huge breaking news I prefer new threads like this one be posted as opposed to searching through 100's of pages within an existing thread that covers a similar topic. It's exhausting.

When something like this Trump indictment breaks, it is deserving of it's own thread.

oddly enough...he fought to prevent that in the E. Jean Carroll case....up until the point the trial was getting closer to starting, then suddenly, he wanted to provide a DNA sample, which the judge refused, because he didn't want Trump delaying the case any longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom