Trump Election Interference / Falsification of Business Records Criminal Trial (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    I couldn’t find a thread just about this case, and thought we should have one since it’s Trump’s first criminal trial. He has to attend every day, as I understand it. Here is a quick reminder of what it’s about. His former lawyer Michael Cohen already went to prison for his involvement in this case.

Well i guess for you, once Trump is convicted of the charges, he will become your new " truth speaker" eh?

LOL.

I dont have enough popcorn or time to watch the unravelling of the GOP over the next 6 months. Ill settle for these pretzel sticks and your posts. ;)
    You are going to be really upset when Trump wins in November.

Did Trump make him do this?

What about Cohen's tax evasion scheme with the Taxi medallions?

What about Cohen's false statement to the bank involving the taxi medallions?

Neither of those involved Trump and he was found guilty of both.

Yeah it is different. They are both criminals, but Cohen appears to be the bigger liar.

It's laughable how yall decide which criminals to believe.

At least Coldseat admitted that the way to decide which criminal to believe is any criminal who is against Trump.
    I really don't give 2 sheets about Cohen. He's simply a witness in the case. What matters is whether the judge and jury find him credible or not. And the way they know that is whether the facts corroborate his testimony or not.

I hope Cohen rots as I dont think he's any better than Trump. They were 2 peas in a pod and now Cohen gets to squeal and save his own arse. Them's the breaks.

And I don't have to believe anything Cohen says to believe Trump is still screwed in this case. Hopefully he's held accountable, but we'll have to wait and see.

clearly you have no idea how prosecution works. They got receipts, brah.

which makes this whole ' i believe Avenatti" angle even funnier.
    From what I've heard, during the opening arguments, the prosecutor stated (or at least implied), that Allen Weisselberg actually wrote down the whole scheme to open a company, pay Stormy Daniels, then reimburse Cohen through multiple payments, doubling the amount so that they could call it income, and Cohen would end up with the full amount after taxes.

If they have those note's, that a pretty serious receipt.

Micheal Cohen is a witness against Trump in this trial. Which criminals are we supposed to believe? Anyone who is against Trump right?
    We're supposed to believe that anyone who surrounds themselves with criminals is more than likely a criminal as well.

Here's a nice flock of birds to soothe one's most inner chord.

Why would Trump prosecutor Matthew Colangelo leave the #3 spot in Biden’s DOJ for a lower level job in DA Bragg’s office?
    Answer:

Reality check: Former DOJ official Michael Zeldin told Axios it's not unusual for a federal prosecutor to leave for a gig at the Manhattan DA's office.
    Zeldin said federal prosecutors who want to handle more cases go to Manhattan for the bigger caseload there. Colangelo joined the Manhattan office in December 2022.

Oh its who lies the most. What a great standard for evaluating witnesses in a trial.
    are yall saying that anyone who is a convicted criminal that has ever testified against someone else should never be allowed?
    If ghislaine maxwell decided to give names of all lthe people who did things on the island, should we believe her, or since she is a convicted criminal, we shouldn't allow her to testify if that were to happen?

are yall saying that anyone who is a convicted criminal that has ever testified against someone else should never be allowed?
    If ghislaine maxwell decided to give names of all lthe people who did things on the island, should we believe her, or since she is a convicted criminal, we shouldn't allow her to testify if that were to happen?
    Yeah, it's an odd thing to complain about when this happens all...the...time. But, when you're grasping for straws like he is...you get these convoluted and indefensible takes on something pretty obvious. He always, always has ulterior motives

Yeah, it's an odd thing to complain about when this happens all...the...time. But, when you're grasping for straws like he is...you get these convoluted and indefensible takes on something pretty obvious. He always, always has ulterior motives
    people are convicted all the time from testimoney of former associates who were also convicted of the same crimes..
    I wonder if they are also against testimony during a murder trial from someone who was involved in the crime but has decided to admit what happened so he can get a lighter sentence for his testimony?

people are convicted all the time from testimoney of former associates who were also convicted of the same crimes..
    I wonder if they are also against testimony during a murder trial from someone who was involved in the crime but has decided to admit what happened so he can get a lighter sentence for his testimony?
    I remembered where I heard the comment about the mafia boss earlier. It was after the trial of John Gotti. The witness
    with character concerns was his former underboss Sam Gravano. Gravono's testimony was the reason Gotti was finally
    put away for good.

Come on…what is he going to do? Actually dispute the facts of the case?

Why would Trump prosecutor Matthew Colangelo leave the #3 spot in Biden’s DOJ for a lower level job in DA Bragg’s office?

First, that’s not a “lower level job” - it’s a quite different job. He was at the NYAG before he took the DOJ job - where he was there in an acting (non-confirmed) role from January 2021 to December 2022, before he took the job back at the NYAG to lead the Trump case. You’re going to have to ask him why but there’s certainly nothing curious about it - he wasn’t at DOJ for very long and the AAG post is policy and management, there’s no case work whatsoever. Many lawyers prefer case work and substantive practice over policy and management. And DOJ isn’t necessarily the end all be all.

But it certainly doesn’t suggest he’s some Biden plant. The investigation began in 2018 (when he was still at NYAG). He certainly appears to believe that Trump has broken the law and should be accountable but that hardly means he’s under Biden’s direction. I think many millions share that view.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom