Trump Brokers Saudi / Russia Oil Deal (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wardorican

Reaction score

Seems like a positive development to stop the additional economic bleeding. Good job Trump! (See, I can do this).

I'd like to know how he persuaded them, but for now, I'll chalk it up as a win.

Do you think that trump had more to do with it than actually the world is short on oil storage facilities

I saw an article a couple of days ago that said exactly that. They are not selling product so nowhere to store product.

Trump can take credit but it was not him it was supply and demand. Got no demand and plenty of supply.

Do you think that trump had more to do with it than actually the world is short on oil storage facilities

I saw an article a couple of days ago that said exactly that. They are not selling product so nowhere to store product.

Trump can take credit but it was not him it was supply and demand. Got no demand and plenty of supply.

Tankers sitting full of oil with no place to go makes a huge impact on producers.

Saudis gobbled up all the tankers it could for two reasons. 1 to store their oil and 2 to keep others from moving theirs. In the short to medium term, this doesn't do much of anything. No operators are going to spend money on any projects this year.

This was my exact thought. how can trump take credit. Global demand has tanked (bad pun) there is no one to buy the oil. they HAD to cut production.

Saudis gobbled up all the tankers it could for two reasons. 1 to store their oil and 2 to keep others from moving theirs. In the short to medium term, this doesn't do much of anything. No operators are going to spend money on any projects this year.

Saudi Arabia doesn't store oil in tankers. Maybe you are thinking of Iran during the Obama administration. Half their fleet was parked for storage purposes. Storing oil above ground is idiocy and contribute to losses and increases cost of the ppb.

Trump hasn't "negotiated" anything.. He's not a negotiator.

Saudi Arabia doesn't store oil in tankers. Maybe you are thinking of Iran during the Obama administration. Half their fleet was parked for storage purposes. Storing oil above ground is idiocy and contribute to losses and increases cost of the ppb.

So what are they doing leasing 40 tankers?

So what are they doing leasing 40 tankers?

They have always owned and leased tankers.. They are shipping oil world wide. Don't jump to conclusions. The SAG is very , very savvy. Trump is a boob.. They know that.

I got to give Trump credit. No president has ever gotten oil prices this low.
    Yep he gets credit for a fight between Saudi Arabia and Russia!

Had exactly not one darn thing to do with me paying a buck thirty per gallon today.

Yep he gets credit for a fight between Saudi Arabia and Russia!

Had exactly not one darn thing to do with me paying a buck thirty per gallon today.

I don’t think he’s going to be trying to take credit for negative 30 dollars a barrel.

Seems like a positive development to stop the additional economic bleeding. Good job Trump! (See, I can do this).

I'd like to know how he persuaded them, but for now, I'll chalk it up as a win.
    Part of being a great businessman is being a good negotiator. America never really had a good negotiator for a president. Most of them were lawyers who just caused the price of everything to go up. The last negotiator to come anywhere near the level of Trump was Nixon.

One of my buddies from college said Goldman told him prices would be back near $60 a barrel by end of summer two weeks ago. I didn't bother asking him today what Goldman told him on his conference call.

One of my buddies from college said Goldman told him prices would be back near $60 a barrel by end of summer two weeks ago. I didn't bother asking him today what Goldman told him on his conference call.

Just so you know, this was not for the actual price of Light Sweet Crude barrels, but just a contract that is expiring tomorrow. People didn't want to have to take physical possession of those barrels so they were trying to dump them, even pay people to dump them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom