Trump Boo'ed / Groaned at Michigan Rally for John Dengell "may be looking up" (from Hell) comment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wardorican

Reaction score

There were some cheers and laughs too, but also boos and groans.

I caught a conversation about this on NPR with a Michigan Reporter, but I can't find it. So, here's the basic story with some reactions.

Rep. Debbie Dingell called President Donald Trump's suggestion that her late lawmaker husband John Dingell was "looking up" from hell hurtful on Thursday as a bipartisan group of lawmakers demanded the president apologize for the macabre crack.

Dingell told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell she was stunned when she learned about Trump's comments about her husband during his Wednesday night rally in her home state of Michigan.

"I don't know why he decided to do what he did last night but to say it didn't hurt wouldn't be the truth," said the widow, whose 92-year-old husband died in February.

"It hurt. I loved my husband," the Democratic congresswoman said. "We had a love affair most never have, and it's been a hard holiday season, and those kinds of shots — people forget that members of Congress are human, and we go through real hard times."

This was a bad political and well, just bad "human" move for Trump. John Dingell was very popular in Michigan. And, I shouldn't have to explain that you don't insinuate that someone who died earlier in the year is possibly looking up from Hell.

Fred Upton was my original Congressman, when I lived in Michigan.

Debbie Dingell took the high road, but clearly is hurt by this. I think many of us would feel empathy for her, if we lost our spouse and were about to celebrate our first Christmas without them. I know a few on this and the other board are going through that very thing now.

Detroit Free Press

Even Lindsay Graham says he should apologize.

DFP Opinion

t is a truth grimly acknowledged by veterans of armed combat that soldiers under fire, like infants and incontinent nursing home residents, are sometimes helpless to to control their bodily functions.

That is the inglorious phenomenon viewers witnessed Wednesday night when a president under siege fouled himself in a spasmodic outburst of indecency, lashing out on live television against a deceased Michigan congressman and his still-grieving widow.

Donald Trump had steeled himself for the inevitability of impeachment, making sure that he would be surrounded by worshipful supporters when the hour of his humiliation struck. He rallied his flock in the congressional district represented by U.S. Rep. Justin Amash, the renegade Republican who renounced his party and risked his re-election to stand with Trump's congressional accusers.

There were some cheers and laughs too, but also boos and groans.

I caught a conversation about this on NPR with a Michigan Reporter, but I can't find it. So, here's the basic story with some reactions.

This was a bad political and well, just bad "human" move for Trump. John Dingell was very popular in Michigan. And, I shouldn't have to explain that you don't insinuate that someone who died earlier in the year is possibly looking up from Hell.

Fred Upton was my original Congressman, when I lived in Michigan.

Debbie Dingell took the high road, but clearly is hurt by this. I think many of us would feel empathy for her, if we lost our spouse and were about to celebrate our first Christmas without them. I know a few on this and the other board are going through that very thing now.

Detroit Free Press

DFP Opinion

I disagree with the incontinent analogy.

Trump isn't an incontinent baby, he's a howler monkey. Flinging feces is his go-to move.

This was especially repugnant for Trump, but also par for the course for him. That's who he is, which is why I will never understand supporting a man so devoid of human decency.

See, this bugs me about Lindsay and people like him. You're fine when he's denigrating people you don't like or care about, but get all hurt and "he needs to apologize" when he hits one that you like or respect? That's cowardly. And a clear representation of Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

Trump is scum, and this is the kind of behavior one gets from scum. People are selling their soul by supporting this scum to get some policy they like. I think the dishonest argument is going to be that if he was buried, then of course he has to look up. Truly soul wrenching.

This was especially repugnant for Trump, but also par for the course for him. That's who he is, which is why I will never understand supporting a man so devoid of human decency.

give it about 2-3 days here....the Trump defenders will swoon in, en masse ( well, all 4 of em ) and try to deflect, obfuscate and false equivalency their way to an explanation.

Clock.work.

I saw it live. I was appauled that the crowd didnt hiss /boo him louder than they did. But they had been lathered up for 20 min prior, so for many, im sure it was more of a "what he just said ???" moment.

He is a despicable human. There is no other way to describe this trash heap of a man.

Not to mention, his followers are just that, followers. They’re all in, their behavior bears far more resemblance to a cult member than a political supporter, and he knows it. He boasted about it, he loves the fact that it’s true. Every year that he’s in power he gets bolder in his actions, not more restrained.

Most men who are elected president are humbled by the power they wield, and strive to live up to the ideals of the office. They try to represent all Americans. This is the first modern president who does none of that. None.

Please stop with all the blanket condemnations of your fellow Americans, and nominate SOMEBODY, ANYBODY that's not 70+ years old or totally Looney Tunes.
    I don't like DJT's smug, condescending, holier-than-thou attitude.
    His voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
    I never watched his TV show because I simply couldn't stand the man.
    I've never owned a MAGA hat.
    I've never attended a single rally.
    I've never donated a single dime to his campaign.
    I hate his HAIR!
    There was/is no way on earth I could ever vote for Hillary Clinton and I am sick of explaining why, over and over.
    I held my nose, closed my eyes, said a little prayer and pulled the lever.
    So, please, for heaven's sake, stop calling me a cult member and stop accusing me of trying to deflect, obfuscate and use false equivalency, when all I'm doing is sharing my honest opinion.
    This isn't a smack board. Take it to the Mud Pit.

DD, if you don’t identify as a Trump follower, then my post isn’t aimed at you. I was discussing the people at his rallies. In the words of someone I forget who: “It’s not about you!” 😀

There is a cult like element to at least some of his followers, it cannot be denied. He encourages it. He basks in it.

It‘s just a fact.

DD, if you don’t identify as a Trump follower, then my post isn’t aimed at you. I was discussing the people at his rallies. In the words of someone I forget who: “It’s not about you!” 😀

There is a cult like element to at least some of his followers, it cannot be denied. He encourages it. He basks in it.

It‘s just a fact.
    I see. It was just blanket name calling. I understand. There's a place for that in the Mud Pit as well.

You know, if you think I need to be moderated there’s a way to do it without yourself trying to be a moderator. I seem to recall someone complaining about other people trying to moderate the threads without the authority. Is what’s good for the goose good for the gander, or no?

Please stop with all the blanket condemnations of your fellow Americans, and nominate SOMEBODY, ANYBODY that's not 70+ years old or totally Looney Tunes.
    I don't like DJT's smug, condescending, holier-than-thou attitude.
    His voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
    I never watched his TV show because I simply couldn't stand the man.
    I've never owned a MAGA hat.
    I've never attended a single rally.
    I've never donated a single dime to his campaign.
    I hate his HAIR!
    There was/is no way on earth I could ever vote for Hillary Clinton and I am sick of explaining why, over and over.
    I held my nose, closed my eyes, said a little prayer and pulled the lever.
    So, please, for heaven's sake, stop calling me a cult member and stop accusing me of trying to deflect, obfuscate and use false equivalency, when all I'm doing is sharing my honest opinion.
    This isn't a smack board. Take it to the Mud Pit.
    She didn't. Odd that you took it so personal when you say you don't even like him, you just voted for what you considered the lesser evil.

And many of your fellow conservatives really should realize they're in glass houses when it comes to blanket statements. "The radical left.....", using liberal as a pejorative. And many, many other examples. I dont recall you using blanket terms, so this isnt directed at you, unless I find evidence to the contrary.

For someone who complains about folks acting like mods or telling folks how to post, this is hilarious.

"Trump is scum, and this is the kind of behavior one gets from scum. People are selling their soul by supporting this scum to get some policy they like."

"Trump isn't an incontinent baby, he's a howler monkey. Flinging feces is his go-to move."

"He is a despicable human. There is no other way to describe this trash heap of a man."

"Not to mention, his followers are just that, followers. They’re all in, their behavior bears far more resemblance to a cult member than a political supporter, and he knows it."

You're the OP. It's your thread.

Old school style? The OP presents the topic, provides the tone for the thread and essentially owns it.

It's following a familiar pattern though:
    1. DJT says something outrageous and stupid.
    2. People condemn DJT, using outrageous terms (scum incontinent baby howler monkey feces slinging).
    3. The condemnation expands to include "followers" and "supporters" (selling their souls cult).
    4. Eventually, DJT's sanity comes into question and subsequent to that, his "followers" and "supporters" are called insane.

Like I said, it's your thread. If you're OK with the posts in this thread, that's fine. I'll just go somewhere else and leave you to it.

For someone who complains about folks acting like mods or telling folks how to post, this is hilarious.
    Haven't you tried to act like a moderator before? I remember you trying to correct one of my posts before by saying something like this isn't the type of posts we want to promote here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom