Trump Boo'ed / Groaned at Michigan Rally for John Dengell "may be looking up" (from Hell) comment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wardorican

Reaction score

There were some cheers and laughs too, but also boos and groans.

I caught a conversation about this on NPR with a Michigan Reporter, but I can't find it. So, here's the basic story with some reactions.

Rep. Debbie Dingell called President Donald Trump's suggestion that her late lawmaker husband John Dingell was "looking up" from hell hurtful on Thursday as a bipartisan group of lawmakers demanded the president apologize for the macabre crack.

Dingell told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell she was stunned when she learned about Trump's comments about her husband during his Wednesday night rally in her home state of Michigan.

"I don't know why he decided to do what he did last night but to say it didn't hurt wouldn't be the truth," said the widow, whose 92-year-old husband died in February.

"It hurt. I loved my husband," the Democratic congresswoman said. "We had a love affair most never have, and it's been a hard holiday season, and those kinds of shots — people forget that members of Congress are human, and we go through real hard times."

This was a bad political and well, just bad "human" move for Trump. John Dingell was very popular in Michigan. And, I shouldn't have to explain that you don't insinuate that someone who died earlier in the year is possibly looking up from Hell.

Fred Upton was my original Congressman, when I lived in Michigan.

Debbie Dingell took the high road, but clearly is hurt by this. I think many of us would feel empathy for her, if we lost our spouse and were about to celebrate our first Christmas without them. I know a few on this and the other board are going through that very thing now.

Detroit Free Press

Even Lindsay Graham says he should apologize.

DFP Opinion

t is a truth grimly acknowledged by veterans of armed combat that soldiers under fire, like infants and incontinent nursing home residents, are sometimes helpless to to control their bodily functions.

That is the inglorious phenomenon viewers witnessed Wednesday night when a president under siege fouled himself in a spasmodic outburst of indecency, lashing out on live television against a deceased Michigan congressman and his still-grieving widow.

Donald Trump had steeled himself for the inevitability of impeachment, making sure that he would be surrounded by worshipful supporters when the hour of his humiliation struck. He rallied his flock in the congressional district represented by U.S. Rep. Justin Amash, the renegade Republican who renounced his party and risked his re-election to stand with Trump's congressional accusers.

give it about 2-3 days here....the Trump defenders will swoon in, en masse ( well, all 4 of em ) and try to deflect, obfuscate and false equivalency their way to an explanation.

Clock.work.

I saw it live. I was appauled that the crowd didnt hiss /boo him louder than they did. But they had been lathered up for 20 min prior, so for many, im sure it was more of a "what he just said ???" moment.

He is a despicable human. There is no other way to describe this trash heap of a man.
    I support some of Trump's policies and the battle against the left's inane conspiracy theories. I voted 3rd party in 2016 and plan on doing the same in 2020. I think what Trump said is horrible. Apparently you are unable to understand that someone can support a politician or some of his policies, but not support everything he does or says.

I support some of Trump's policies and the battle against the left's inane conspiracy theories. I voted 3rd party in 2016 and plan on doing the same in 2020. I think what Trump said is horrible. Apparently you are unable to understand that someone can support a politician or some of his policies, but not support everything he does or says.

I appreciate you voting on principle. But, I hope between now and November you change your mind and vote pragmatically.

Just watch the Democrats and that let be your guide as to whether we can risk them taking the WH. We have seen what, in these times, they do with a little power.

BF, this is projection, coming from a Trump supporter, IMO.

I realize it is going to take a little more time with you, right now I am trying to lead SaintforLife to the Light of Dear Leader.

And all Trump's people said, "Amen."

Haven't you tried to act like a moderator before? I remember you trying to correct one of my posts before by saying something like this isn't the type of posts we want to promote here.
    I dont whine about people doing it though. Just pointing out the kettle calling the pot black.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom