Trump-appointed Sec. of Navy departs over differences with Commander in Chief over “rule of law” and “good order and discipline” (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

What I heard today was that the Sec. of Defense asked the Sec. of the Navy to resign. The reason he asked for that was because (in relation to the Gallagher matter), SecNavy went around SecDef, straight to the president, with a proposal on how to handle the situation.

So Gallagher, still an active duty Chief in the Navy, goes on television and voices criticisms of the service he joined, the Secretary of said service, and even calls the Rear Admiral who's in charge of the commander of Naval Special Warfare Command "insubordinate", and gets away with it? Truly the weirdest timeline.

Also like to add that this is the first time since Richard Nixon intervened and had William Calley released from the military brig that a sitting president has meddled in the imprisonment of a military member accused of a war crime.

So Gallagher, still an active duty Chief in the Navy, goes on television and voices criticisms of the service he joined, the Secretary of said service, and even calls the Rear Admiral who's in charge of the commander of Naval Special Warfare Command "insubordinate", and gets away with it? Truly the weirdest timeline.

Aren’t there rules against that? Couldn’t they kick him out of the military for that? If he wasn’t the presidents pet at least.

What I heard today was that the Sec. of Defense asked the Sec. of the Navy to resign. The reason he asked for that was because (in relation to the Gallagher matter), SecNavy went around SecDef, straight to the president, with a proposal on how to handle the situation.
    Somebody is lying about Spencer's termination. Esper's account does not seem to coincide with Spencer's acknowledgement statement.

Thanks for posting
    I was wondering if this was going to be it’s own thread
    I would have said that I waouod have been curious about how the pro-military arsenal would spin this, but I’m sure it’s going to just be some ‘potus has broad powers’ song and just not worry about the dance

Aren’t there rules against that? Couldn’t they kick him out of the military for that? If he wasn’t the presidents pet at least.
    UCMJ Article 89 states that “Any person subject to this chapter who behaves with disrespect toward his superior commissioned officer shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Calling Rear Admiral Green, the commander of Naval Special Warfare, "insubordinate" could certainly qualify.

*A note about Rear Admiral Green, he's really ruffling feathers among the teams in general, instituting a "back to basics" directive, citing "a portion of this force (that is) is ethically misaligned with our culture." And his actions with still planing to call Gallagher, Lt. Cmdr. Robert Breisch, Lt. Jacob Portier, and Lt. Thomas MacNeil all before a review board (which could cast them their Trident pins), as well as firing SEAL Team 7's "leadership triad" are bringing it all to a head.

Here's a story about his reform efforts, or punitive actions against a nation's heroes, depending on who you find most credible:

In a memorandum issued Tuesday to senior SEAL commanders, Rear Adm. Collin Green, the commander of Naval Special Warfare Command, blamed a lack of leadership for a recent string of high-profile SEAL scandals that point to ethical problems within the ranks of the Navy’s elite force.

The new guidance is the result of a command-wide review of ethics and culture that Green ordered last month as the SEAL community has dealt with several high-profile issues in recent years including accusations of war crimes, charges of illicit drug use, drinking on duty in the Middle East, claims of sexual assault and the involvement of two SEALs in the death of a Green Beret.

“The root of our problem begins with members who fail to correct this behavior within their sphere of leadership and prioritize this misalignment over the loyalty to Navy and nation,” Green wrote.

“We must take a ‘back to basics’ leadership approach to correct our drift,” he added. “I will hold the chain of command accountable, as I am accountable for the good order and discipline in our formations.”

According to sources, Spencer privately proposed that Trump allow the review of Gallagher to go ahead with a promise that Gallagher would not lose his Trident.

Trump said no.

Esper found out Spencer was willing to put on a "show" with the fix in and fired him, rightfully.

It mostly looks like a backfired attempt to entrap the President.

According to sources, Spencer privately proposed that Trump allow the review of Gallagher to go ahead with a promise that Gallagher would not lose his Trident.

Trump said no.

Esper found out Spencer was willing to put on a "show" with the fix in and fired him, rightfully.

How so?

The Trident review board is a process that is clearly defined by Navy regulations, are you saying these regulations mean nothing??? There is a reason why all these Generals and Admirals are in place between the lowest of enlisted personnel and the CiC. They are there to provide a transitional buffer from the US Constitution to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, a code that holds us servicemen to a higher standard of behavior. What POTUS has done has dishonored those of us who have served honorably.

POTUS has shown in his own statements that he has NO honor, so I'll ask again, how was that an attempt to entrap the President???

How so?

The Trident review board is a process that is clearly defined by Navy regulations, are you saying these regulations mean nothing??? There is a reason why all these Generals and Admirals are in place between the lowest of enlisted personnel and the CiC. They are there to provide a transitional buffer from the US Constitution to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, a code that holds us servicemen to a higher standard of behavior. What POTUS has done has dishonored those of us who have served honorably.

POTUS has shown in his own statements that he has NO honor, so I'll ask again, how was that an attempt to entrap the President???

Spencer told Trump privately that Gallagher would be allowed to retire at his present grade and with his SEAL Trident but only if Trump allowed the review board to go forward.

This board would be reviewing whether or not Gallagher would keep his SEAL Trident.

Spencer was either lying to the President or he was promising the president to "FIX" the results of the review.

Trump said "No, we are done with this".

Esper found out that Spencer did this and subsequently demanded his resignation.

Spencer told Trump privately that Gallagher would be allowed to retire at his present grade and with his SEAL Trident but only if Trump allowed the review board to go forward.

This board would be reviewing whether or not Gallagher would keep his SEAL Trident.

Spencer was either lying to the President or he was promising the president to "FIX" the results of the review.

Trump said "No, we are done with this".

Esper found out that Spencer did this and subsequently demanded his resignation.
    Did Trump say he was done and to let the cards fall as they may or was he saying I won't let you take his trident?

Since he tweeted he was going to stop the Trident Review Board, I find it hard to believe he is upset with the deal. How would it be entrapment? The president is the CIC and can do what he wants in this regard. It is a bad look for some people but isn't illegal.

Trump said no.

I don’t recall seeing any reporting on what Trump said, one way or the other. Did you? What I saw only said the Secretary found out about the effort and asked for his resignation.

If Trump didn't perceive an advantage to his personal political prospects in getting involved in this case, he wouldn't have and there wouldn't be all of this turmoil. At every turn, Trump's desire and power to bend everything to his will in order serve him personally, instead of our country, is causing corruption and destruction. When will it be enough for his supporters?

Trump said no.

link to "sauces"?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom