Trump: “If I don’t get elected it’s gonna be a bloodbath for the country” (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

You know what I take from the wall of tweets and multiple posts of them? That this criticism hit home. He knows it. That’s why the frenzied response that does nothing except deflect. It’s actually funny when you see it that way.

A bloodbath. The end of democracy. Riots in the streets. Bedlam in the country. Donald Trump has made apocalyptic imagery a defining feature of his presidential election campaign, warning supporters that if he does not win – and avoid criminal prosecution – the US will enter its death throes.

The prophecies of doom, repeated ad nauseam at rallies and on social media, have raised fears that the former president is making an electoral tinderbox that could explode in November.

While there has been much commentary assessing the implications of a Trump win, some experts warn that a Trump defeat could provide an equally severe stress test of American democracy.

“Regardless of whether Donald Trump wins or loses, there’s going to be violence,” said Michael Fanone, a retired police officer who was seriously injured by pro-Trump rioters at the US Capitol on 6 January 2021.

“If Donald Trump loses, he’s not going to concede and he’s going to inspire people to commit acts of violence, just like he did in the weeks and months leading up to January 6, 2021.

“If he wins, I also believe that there’s going to be violence committed by his supporters, targeting people who previously tried to hold him to account, whether it was members of the press, average citizens like myself, Department of Justice officials, state and federal prosecutors. I believe him when he says that he will have his vengeance.”

Trump has long sought to sow distrust in the electoral system while using rhetoric outside the boundaries of modern political discourse, dehumanising opponents and immigrants and portraying the US as a nation on the verge of collapse……..

Since declaring his candidacy in November 2022, Trump has intensified inflammatory and racist statements on the campaign trail. He has promised to pardon January 6 insurrectionists, suggested that Gen Mark Milley should be executed and asserted that immigrants who are in the US illegally are “poisoning the blood of our country”.

At last year’s Conservative Political Action Conference, Trump declared: “This is the final battle, they know it. I know it, you know it, and everybody knows it, this is it. Either they win or we win. And if they win, we no longer have a country.”

He threatened “potential death & destruction” if he was charged by the Manhattan district attorney over a hush-money payment and criticised those urging his supporters to remain peaceful, fuming on his Truth Social platform: “OUR COUNTRY IS BEING DESTROYED, AS THEY TELL US TO BE PEACEFUL!”……

Ezra Levin, co-founder and co-executive director of Indivisible, a progressive grassroots movement, said: “Trump is already spreading lies that this election is rigged and we know there is no realistic scenario where he concedes after losing.

“One big difference between his loss this year and 2020 is this time they’re better prepared and have already gone through a dress rehearsal. But the other big difference is he won’t be a sitting president – he’ll just be a sore loser who the nation rejected in record numbers two elections in a row.”

Bill Galston, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution thinktank in Washington and a former policy adviser to President Bill Clinton, added: “What I fear is that the repetition of violent rhetoric will lead to the normalisation of violent acts. There’s no sugarcoating it. This is a dangerous period for American constitutional government.……

Authoritarians, which both cult leadership and fascist leadership are, tell their followers that everyone who is not a follower has been lead astray, because they have been fooled by the lies of the enemy.

The news is all lies, except for when it's in agreement with what leadership says.

Your friends have been fooled by the lies, except for when they're in agreement with what leadership says.

Your coworkers have been fooled by lies, except for when they're in agreement with what leadership says..

Strangers have been fooled by lies or are agents spreading lies, except for when they're in agreement with what leadership says.

That's why there is so much inconsistency in the acceptance of what sources say.

If a specific news source or person says something in agreement with leadership, then they are speaking truth and can be believed. Anytime that same source speaks in disagreement with leadership, they they are lying and can not be believed.

When a follower of any authoritarian leadership approaches me to show me the "truth," I know that trying to get them to see the actual truth is an exercise in futility, because they have chosen to be hardened against seeing and accepting what is true.

That's why they accuse everyone and anyone who disagrees with them as either being liars or having been fooled by liars. At first they will say a lot of things to try to "save" you from the "lies," but if you challenge them long enough, they inevitably resort to mostly just hurling accusations that are variations of "they're all liars and you're all fools."

When someone behaves in that way, save yourself a lot of frustration and energy by recognizing you are speaking to someone that has chosen to be a follower of authoritarian leadership and they do not actually hear anything you say that's out of agreement with their leadership. It's not even that they are consciously ignoring you, they are consciously incapable of hearing what you are saying because of their choices.

Well said, I think it's no coincidence that Trump's social media site is named "Truth Social".....it's simply the height of irony, I can't think of anything more ironic (or moronic - take your pick).....

A bloodbath. The end of democracy. Riots in the streets. Bedlam in the country. Donald Trump has made apocalyptic imagery a defining feature of his presidential election campaign, warning supporters that if he does not win – and avoid criminal prosecution – the US will enter its death throes.

The prophecies of doom, repeated ad nauseam at rallies and on social media, have raised fears that the former president is making an electoral tinderbox that could explode in November.

While there has been much commentary assessing the implications of a Trump win, some experts warn that a Trump defeat could provide an equally severe stress test of American democracy.

“Regardless of whether Donald Trump wins or loses, there’s going to be violence,” said Michael Fanone, a retired police officer who was seriously injured by pro-Trump rioters at the US Capitol on 6 January 2021.

“If Donald Trump loses, he’s not going to concede and he’s going to inspire people to commit acts of violence, just like he did in the weeks and months leading up to January 6, 2021.

“If he wins, I also believe that there’s going to be violence committed by his supporters, targeting people who previously tried to hold him to account, whether it was members of the press, average citizens like myself, Department of Justice officials, state and federal prosecutors. I believe him when he says that he will have his vengeance.”

Trump has long sought to sow distrust in the electoral system while using rhetoric outside the boundaries of modern political discourse, dehumanising opponents and immigrants and portraying the US as a nation on the verge of collapse……..

Since declaring his candidacy in November 2022, Trump has intensified inflammatory and racist statements on the campaign trail. He has promised to pardon January 6 insurrectionists, suggested that Gen Mark Milley should be executed and asserted that immigrants who are in the US illegally are “poisoning the blood of our country”.

At last year’s Conservative Political Action Conference, Trump declared: “This is the final battle, they know it. I know it, you know it, and everybody knows it, this is it. Either they win or we win. And if they win, we no longer have a country.”

He threatened “potential death & destruction” if he was charged by the Manhattan district attorney over a hush-money payment and criticised those urging his supporters to remain peaceful, fuming on his Truth Social platform: “OUR COUNTRY IS BEING DESTROYED, AS THEY TELL US TO BE PEACEFUL!”……

Ezra Levin, co-founder and co-executive director of Indivisible, a progressive grassroots movement, said: “Trump is already spreading lies that this election is rigged and we know there is no realistic scenario where he concedes after losing.

“One big difference between his loss this year and 2020 is this time they’re better prepared and have already gone through a dress rehearsal. But the other big difference is he won’t be a sitting president – he’ll just be a sore loser who the nation rejected in record numbers two elections in a row.”

Bill Galston, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution thinktank in Washington and a former policy adviser to President Bill Clinton, added: “What I fear is that the repetition of violent rhetoric will lead to the normalisation of violent acts. There’s no sugarcoating it. This is a dangerous period for American constitutional government.……

Still posting about the bloodbath eventhough it was shown that he was talking about the auto industry and you guys got caught trying to make it seem like he was talking about a civil war?

Any comment on the many examples I posted of Democrats and the media using the term bloodbath?

Still posting about the bloodbath eventhough it was shown that he was talking about the auto industry and you guys got caught trying to make it seem like he was talking about a civil war?

Any comment on the many examples I posted of Democrats and the media using the term bloodbath?
    it was not shown he was talking about the auto industry that was just usual trump trying to make it look like it. but hey I know you believe everything out of trumps mouth without thought right? You keep saying that but trump said he would create the bloodbath then tried to say it would be the auto industry. far different as usual.

Well said, I think it's no coincidence that Trump's social media site is named "Truth Social".....it's simply the height of irony, I can't think of anything more ironic (or moronic - take your pick).....
    pretty much like everything he says.

The comment is no one here ever said that a politician never used the word bloodbath before. The comment is Trump who has used violent, intimidating and divisive rhetoric since the day he announced his candidacy doesn't get or deserve any benefit of the doubt when he says the word in any context

Has anyone feared a violent uprising when any of the democrats used the word?

Has any of the other democrats who used the word already caused/suggested/motivated a violent uprising before?

There is a difference between someone saying "if you don't get out of my way I'll kick your arse" and someone saying "if you don't get out of my way I'll kick your arse" if that someone has already been arrested for assault and battery a dozen times

One you can dismiss as bravado bullshirt the other you have to take much more seriously

The comment is no one here ever said that a politician never used the word bloodbath before. The comment is Trump who has used violent, intimidating and divisive rhetoric since the day he announced his candidacy doesn't get or deserve any benefit of the doubt when he says the word in any context
    There are many examples of other politicians using the same or similar rhetoric. I remember many Democrats using violent and divisive rhetoric when Trump was President. Should we treat those politicians with the same standard you use for Trump?

Schumer, D-N.Y., suggested that President Donald Trump's court appointees, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, "won't know what hit" them if they vote to uphold abortion restrictions. He spoke during a rally on the sidewalk in front of the court building.
    Has anyone feared a violent uprising when any of the democrats used the word?
    Why would anyone fear violence if Democrats said the word bloodbath while they were talking about the auto industry? That's insane.

The left has tried to cast some of the things that Trump has said and done as unusual, but when it's pointed out where Democrats did or said the same thing or something similar then yall move the goal posts. Then it's well Trump’s supporters know what he really means.
    Has any of the other democrats who used the word already caused/suggested/motivated a violent uprising before?
    You are really crawfishing here. Why not just admit yall got caught lying about what he was talking about?
    There is a difference between someone saying "if you don't get out of my way I'll kick your arse" and someone saying "if you don't get out of my way I'll kick your arse" if that someone has already been arrested for assault and battery a dozen times

One you can dismiss as bravado bullshirt the other you have to take much more seriously
    Oh okay

How do you interpret his words - “that will be the least of it”? This, I believe, does reference the auto industry. He means the impact on the auto industry will be the least of it. What is “it”? A bloodbath for this country. Not for the auto industry - for the country.

Exact wording: “Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath, for the whole — that’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That’ll be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars.”

So, saying he meant only the auto industry is just political cover for more violent rhetoric from him. And, if he had never caused a violent attack on the Capitol, I would be fine with giving him the benefit of the doubt here. But after his past behavior, he gets no credit for this being a mere figure of speech. None.

There are many examples of other politicians using the same or similar rhetoric. I remember many Democrats using violent and divisive rhetoric when Trump was President. Should we treat those politicians with the same standard you use for Trump?

Schumer, D-N.Y., suggested that President Donald Trump's court appointees, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, "won't know what hit" them if they vote to uphold abortion restrictions. He spoke during a rally on the sidewalk in front of the court building.

Why would anyone fear violence if Democrats said the word bloodbath while they were talking about the auto industry? That's insane.

The left has tried to cast some of the things that Trump has said and done as unusual, but when it's pointed out where Democrats did or said the same thing or something similar then yall move the goal posts. Then it's well Trump’s supporters know what he really means.

You are really crawfishing here. Why not just admit yall got caught lying about what he was talking about?

Oh okay
    Oh, I totally forgot about the Chuck Schumer instigated riots

My mistake

Threatening two SCOTUS if they overturn Roe is okay as long as he didn't instigate a riot?
    So, instigating an attack on the Capitol definitely escalates things when you use violent language later, don’t you think?

Threatening two SCOTUS if they overturn Roe is okay as long as he didn't instigate a riot?
    Oh yes, when Schumer said “You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price," I forgot that the ‘Alt Left’ dark web was all in a tizzy for weeks, mobilizing, making plans. I was part of a group called the Woke Whirlwind myself

But seriously just a little later in the article you posted

Schumer's spokesman said his remarks about Gorsuch and Kavanaugh referred to the political price Republicans "will pay for putting them on the court." It was a warning, the spokesman said, "that the justices will unleash major grassroots movement on the issue of reproductive rights against the decision."

A. Which is kinda exactly what happened. In the elections since then and will be a huge factor in 2024

B. How is this clarification any different than “he was talking about the auto industry”?

C. Which is more likely? The clarification or he was actually calling for violent retaliation?

D. Did Schumer have a long history of making violent tinged hateful statements where he wouldn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt about the clarification?

it was not shown he was talking about the auto industry that was just usual trump trying to make it look like it. but hey I know you believe everything out of trumps mouth without thought right? You keep saying that but trump said he would create the bloodbath then tried to say it would be the auto industry. far different as usual.

I believe his exact words were there would be a bloodbath in the whole country.

He didn't say there would be a bloodbath in the auto industry.

Words have meaning and it's just pathetic to see trump and his followers lie all the time.

I got 4 words for him...

22ec73b4abf53ea2e31e737df4869af4dbd65e0e.gif

Statements like that are the bedrock of sooo many of his criminal indictments, the prosecution loves it when he opens his mouth!
    Eh, until they make the charges stick. Nothing consequential has actually happened to Trump in any of these cases so far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom